Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-10

Server will be down on 2016-02-10 from 16:00 servertime/CET (15:00 UTC) for the deployment of patch 3.7.4, including a few fixes and a participant listing feature for assignments. Downtime will be about 1 hour long.

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2016-02-10

2 (edited by Annihilator 2016-02-10 00:23:47)

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-10

ok
since your improving the mission thingy.

1. will you move the mission final reward window yes/no into the same option tab as the other mission related message window options? (aka move it into the notification option window)

2. will you allow me to have different notification setting for my OWN mission, and those i am participating?

3. you gave ville the option to filter anomalies from the landmark list - can i get an option to show them on the minimap?

4. since you implemented those lovely icon bubbles for uploaded geoscan results... can i have then on my terrain overlay like normal waypoints, with the same lovely icon? (OFC, with a filter)

5. can you balance geology mission squad scaling similar to most other mission types? all other missions ask you mostly for more targets, and in an only slightly bigger radius.
compared to that, a lvl6 full-squad artifact mission expands the radius for the artifact to spawn across the whole island.

thanks

edit:
will the patch contain any fixes regarding plants regrow, incubator placement, etc?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

RIP missions

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Annihilator wrote:

ok

1. will you move the mission final reward window yes/no into the same option tab as the other mission related message window options? (aka move it into the notification option window)

2. will you allow me to have different notification setting for my OWN mission, and those i am participating?

3. you gave ville the option to filter anomalies from the landmark list - can i get an option to show them on the minimap?

4. since you implemented those lovely icon bubbles for uploaded geoscan results... can i have then on my terrain overlay like normal waypoints, with the same lovely icon? (OFC, with a filter)

5. can you balance geology mission squad scaling similar to most other mission types? all other missions ask you mostly for more targets, and in an only slightly bigger radius.
compared to that, a lvl6 full-squad artifact mission expands the radius for the artifact to spawn across the whole island.

thanks

edit:
will the patch contain any fixes regarding plants regrow, incubator placement, etc?

Damn Anni, this ain't burger king.  You can't have it your way.

Rovoc wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

ok

thanks

edit:

Damn Anni, this ain't burger king.  You can't have it your way.

ROFLMAO

patch patch patch \:lol:/

Annihilator wrote:

3. you gave ville the option to filter anomalies from the landmark list ...

What an extraordinary claim. Ville wasn't the first to ask for it, nor the only one.

Jita wrote:

RIP missions

Is it that bad?

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:

RIP missions

Is it that bad?

It's hard to tell Burial really, Zoom wouldn't even give us an idea about what he expects the income from a mission to be in the balancing thread before it was released and he certainly isn't now. Its likely level 6 combat missions will reduce in payout from 70 - 90%. Zoom has quoted an expected figure in a squad mission of 5m although thats less than half what you make solo. Probably a level 6 combat mission with level 10 in the relevant mission skills will net 10 - 15m and take 5 - 10 minutes. This would make harvesting missions at over a hundred million an hour the most lucrative (and most boring).

I really hope not, we actually have a system in place thats kind of worth doing and has people on Beta doing it. Unfortunately the token cost in the shop is too high which is a bit demotivating but the PVE system was nearly there.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

This is probably the 5th time I'm writing this down, but the mission rewards won't change a bit, only the sharing method in a squad.

Lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

So you are not changing the way you imagined everyone doing missions, just the way everyone actually does do missions.

The only people not impacted by this are the ones who do missions solo while not in a squad. So yeah Burial, it is that bad.

Jita wrote:

So you are not changing the way you imagined everyone doing missions, just the way everyone actually does do missions.

The only people not impacted by this are the ones who do missions solo while not in a squad. So yeah Burial, it is that bad.

Jita 40-50mill per mission solo within squad was way too much. 100mil/hr doing plants is way better than before, although very soul sucking grindy.

RIP PERPETUUM

14 (edited by Jita 2016-02-10 16:06:52)

Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

Jita 40-50mill per mission solo within squad was way too much. 100mil/hr doing plants is way better than before, although very soul sucking grindy.

I agree. My issue isn't that it has changed, my issue lies with the hundreds of billions on NIC that got put in the game inbetween the patch and the fix. By fixing it and not worrying about that you are doing exactly the same damage to the economy as beacons and mission exploting did. If the reward had stayed the same but the NIC sinks had moved to meet it then that NIC would get used and wouldn't be an issue.

And I suppose a seperate point is that harvesting missions shouldn't be much better than combat missions - reward is supposed to be based upon the time taken to complete a mission. In a well balanced game the time taken to complete a mission type would be worked out weekly / monthly as an average accross the server and rewards adjusted accordingly.

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2016-02-10

Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

I agree. My issue isn't that it has changed, my issue lies with the hundreds of billions on NIC that got put in the game inbetween the patch and the fix. By fixing it and not worrying about that you are doing exactly the same damage to the economy as beacons and mission exploting did. If the reward had stayed the same but the NIC sinks had moved to meet it then that NIC would get used and wouldn't be an issue.

The beacons pits were way way worse. It's a damned if you do something about it, damned if you don't situation. The tiny economy that exsist will balance itself out eventually.

RIP PERPETUUM

@Zoom what about gamma base energy?

Ville wrote:

@Zoom what about gamma base energy?

That was fixed in the last patch and shouldn't happen anymore.

Happened last time you restarted the server.  I want my cryo back.

Ville wrote:

Happened last time you restarted the server.  I want my cryo back.

Read the previous patch notes again then.

Change: Reduced the NIC cost of black robots to 2,500,000,000 in Syndicate Supplies.
LOL im too fast mad

ShowBlink wrote:

Change: Reduced the NIC cost of black robots to 2,500,000,000 in Syndicate Supplies.
LOL im too fast mad

get yo $ back bro!!!!

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

23 (edited by ShowBlink 2016-02-10 16:35:40)

9 days of farm in trash

24 (edited by Jasdemi 2016-02-10 18:09:54)

Just gonna put this in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Jasdemi wrote:

Just gonna put this in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Sometimes a hero comes along. With the strength to carry on.

What would be interesting is doing a combat mission post patch alongside that so Zoom can see how terrible balancing is and feel bad inside.