1 (edited by Rovoc 2016-02-04 21:08:10)

Topic: Getting T4+ is it even worth it?

As i'm looking around to spend my hard earned token/cash, i'm looking at the benefits.  On the Indy tunings it's 1% more for 500M and 20k tokens.  Now with T5 coming out probably next year is it even going to be worth farming up all the tokens and money to buy this stuff?  I foresee a lot of time wasted for crap that should have been gotten a year ago.  I know we need some nic dumps but holy *** batman.

I know someone's going to argue that the requirements for cpu and reactor are less but who has those problems on a riv mk2, because if you're running them on anything less this post isn't for you.

2 (edited by Annihilator 2016-02-04 21:16:23)

Re: Getting T4+ is it even worth it?

t4+ indu tunings are the only thing that would allow me to increase my harvesting yield per cycle. so for my symbiont a very worth module

t4+ med harvesters are something to look forward for further speed increase.

t5 isn't going to be better then existing gear according zoom. just random stats that have dice roll chance to be better.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Investment: 5b (5 tunings, 5 harvesters/miners)
Yield Increase: 20%?
Income on alpha: up to 50m/h?
Break even in: 5b/50m*0.2 = ~500 hours non stop mining/harvesting

Result of:
1. DEVs who have no clue what's going on in their game
2. People who don't even play the game by manipulating their ignorance

I'm on the verge of destroying all assets (incl. nearly 200 ICE) and be over with this pile of ***.

Like didnt everyone tell the Devs their original price was too low?  Like everyone?  Why the complaining?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

who's everyone?

Look at the server patch thread

Annihilator wrote:

t5 isn't going to be better then existing gear according zoom. just random stats that have dice roll chance to be better.

Dafuq why not just call it T4-?

Cause fighting off linear progression with + and - is hard.

Jasdemi wrote:

Investment: 5b (5 tunings, 5 harvesters/miners)
Yield Increase: 20%?
Income on alpha: up to 50m/h?
Break even in: 5b/50m*0.2 = ~500 hours non stop mining/harvesting

Result of:
1. DEVs who have no clue what's going on in their game
2. People who don't even play the game by manipulating their ignorance

I'm on the verge of destroying all assets (incl. nearly 200 ICE) and be over with this pile of ***.

well, im not playing for income since years, just setting goals to myself.
to bad DEVs listened to Jita, and made the prices THAT high, after listening to Ville and Jita to put them on the syndicate market to begin with (up to then, the PLAYER DRIVEN MARKET had set the price)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jitas fault?

I don't know, the cost does seem a bit high, but i keep imagining a mercenary seth with t4+ tunings and how much damage i'd be doing big_smile

Vanguard Mesmer: 100k tokens - 5B nic

Level 5 harvesting missions solo on Tellesis with good plant spawns for 1 hr

2k tokens - 10M nic (related skills to lvl 8)

Time needed to farm the Mesmer:

Tokens = 50 Hrs  NIC = 500 Hrs

Are you *** kidding me? 500hr investment for one bot? Even if I decided to grind it out I wouldnt pilot it. Who's *** idea was it to have the devs price everything around the broken squad rewards and then tell the devs to nerf the nic payout? Dont make anymore suggestions because youre about as smart as the devs are. Stupid *** idiots.

13 (edited by Inda 2016-02-05 14:09:00)

Well we forget the Robot need 650 standing,

soooo

you have to do missions at beta, and until that you have to do 3000 missions or more big_smile
(the vets are lucky on that.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

14 (edited by Jita 2016-02-05 14:25:04)

Aye Pod wrote:

Vanguard Mesmer: 100k tokens - 5B nic

Level 5 harvesting missions solo on Tellesis with good plant spawns for 1 hr

2k tokens - 10M nic (related skills to lvl 8)

Time needed to farm the Mesmer:

Tokens = 50 Hrs  NIC = 500 Hrs

Are you *** kidding me? 500hr investment for one bot? Even if I decided to grind it out I wouldnt pilot it. Who's *** idea was it to have the devs price everything around the broken squad rewards and then tell the devs to nerf the nic payout? Dont make anymore suggestions because youre about as smart as the devs are. Stupid *** idiots.

Well i guess you could say thats ->Jita's fault<- in regards to the NIC prices. The token prices were always that high.

But in my defence nobody knew the squad rewards were broken (not even the devs apparently), we just thought they were overpowered and suggested token shop prices to balance that.

The balance thread on the test server had these two posts that shed some light on the current situation:

Annihilator wrote:

there are still no item sinks ingame
to much fear to lose a "new" or "old player" because his precious pixels exploded upon an NPC.

PvP doesn't happen often enough to count as "material sink", and the great sinks called "gama bases" are crap too.

so, what do we test in this "balance pass" on missions?

Tonnik wrote:

Given that they still haven't said how much they expect to make per hour per person per level of mission *** knows anni.

and in a different thread:

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Can we split off balancing discussion yet?

What would be beneficial is if the Devs gae us an idea of what they would expect to see on an income basis per person in squad for each mission type and then that would give a reasonable baseline to try and break it.

No testing was done, the devs didn't tell us what they expected the rewards to be even in a rough state and so we end up with this entirely avoidable situation.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

These items are not meant to be farmed in a week.  There's more than one way to earn Nic in this game.

Ville wrote:

These items are not meant to be farmed in a week.  There's more than one way to earn Nic in this game.

Insurance Fraud?  cause i know you don't mean the market...

You can sell minerals.

Inda wrote:

soooo

you have to do missions at beta, and until that you have to do 3000 missions or more big_smile

3000 missions to reach 650 standing? Did you also jump on the bullshiting bandwagon?

Level 6 give 0.25 (50/0.25=200 missions)
Level 5 give 0.5   (100/0.5=200 missions
Level 4 give 0.75 (100/0.75=133 missions)

Jasdemi wrote:
Inda wrote:

soooo

3000 missions to reach 650 standing? Did you also jump on the bullshiting bandwagon?

+1 for awareness.

Jasdemi wrote:
Inda wrote:

soooo

You do more missions than anyone else I know. How would you balance them and the token shop?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

The NIC cost aside. 100k tokens will take me 50hrs. Even playing 5 hours a day that takes 10 days. I dont even play 5 hours a week sometimes. Nice way to *** on those who casually play. You have to remember that all we are talking about is better stats. Its not like we are going from subcaps to caps. I have more to look forward to in passing this kidney stone than I have then from this game at this point.

Dev Report card :

Effort: B
Execution: D-
Not enough logic was used in the making of this patch to warrant a grade at this time.

That's a black robot, the token price for T4+ is 20k and that's quite obtainable in a day.

Ville wrote:

That's a black robot, the token price for T4+ is 20k and that's quite obtainable in a day.

I have no problems with the t4+ items. A weeks grind to fit a Riveler with t4+ items isnt so bad.

24 (edited by Inda 2016-02-05 21:44:43)

Jasdemi wrote:
Inda wrote:

soooo

Obviously, that wasnt counted, but 600 mission is quite a hige nmber, and also you need to do 200! 200! at Beta is not really easy.
So I am not in that wagon.

(You probably know when you say a huge numbert hat not meanst exatly how much you need, but the feeling how muchn effort is needed.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

You can do 200 at beta quite easily you just have to do them.