Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-01

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value

I'm not, but for some reason you keep turning it into something it's not.

Mission income won't change a bit IF squad members actually show up and do something like it's intended.

So you think a group of ten players is going to do a mission on Beta for 4.5 million each?

Do you know how much money you make on Beta doing a level 6 mission without a squad?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Perpetuum wrote:

This is some *** up logic bro.

So if they dont know about it, it must be ok?  I don't need another *** human to tell me that DUPING items is wrong.  That GAMING insurance is wrong.  I shouldn't need someone to tell me, that completely breaking the mission system, and exploiting the *** out of beacons is wrong.

No wonder our side did so much of it, I was pulled in as well. 

So if I didn't cheat enough its my problem?  Thats *** up bro.

Once again please understand, the developers knew it was going on.  They knew.  Therefore it's not an exploit or a cheat.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

So if they dont know about it, it must be ok?  I don't need another *** human to tell me that DUPING items is wrong.  That GAMING insurance is wrong.  I shouldn't need someone to tell me, that completely breaking the mission system, and exploiting the *** out of beacons is wrong.

Once again please understand, the developers knew it was going on.  They knew.  Therefore it's not an exploit or a cheat.

Ville c'mon. What are they supposed to do, ban the 20 dudes left on the server?

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:

I made a post about how the mission system was crashing the economy and everyone from people in my own corp to Zoom and Anni and a lot of other people said it was fine and it wasn't causing a problem. Now we can talk about people like Ville who quite openly said he had made so much money abusing this doing harvesting missions he wasn't even bothering any more or try and fix it.

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value and all this is going to do is the same kind of knee jerk rubbish that happened with the removal of red bots and explosion damage. It's idiotic and he is too blind not only to see the damage is already done but how much this change is going to murder a mission system that is actually kinda fun and a token shop that would be very useful.

Sometimes I could just *** scream.

True story I only did the harvesting missions solo due to large amount of resources needed in the squad.  I had no idea you can chain combats till you told me.  I literally made 1.2 billion Nic 2.5 to 6 million at a time.  It wasn't until you told me about combat missions that I tried them.  But still we use 4 to 6 guys, so our payouts are like 9 million.  And I got burned out from harvesting missions.

130 (edited by Jasdemi 2016-02-03 16:23:24)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value

Mission income won't change a bit IF squad members actually show up and do something like it's intended.

Can you give us an option to pre-select the max. difficulty before requesting a mission?
If I expect 3 people actively running with me, but I have 10 people in squad, I set the difficulty to 3 as everything above that will ramp up the difficulty with same reward.
Also a "solo-mode" checkbox. While enabled, the missions I accept will not affect the squad missions in any way.

Another option is to leave the squad of course, but can't really afford that on beta.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Then how about those people showing up actually get tokens?  There's no reason to help someone with squad missions because there's no incentive to be in a squad.  I disagree with the argument that more people faster missions.  It'd be a linear progression if only more mobs didn't spawn or you needed twice the raws.  Honestly everyone who participated should get tokens and Nic.

Jita wrote:

Do you know how much money you make on Beta doing a level 6 mission without a squad?

Yes, 3 times as much as on Alpha.

With one account I was getting around 80million/hr doing harvesting missions that is still a big improvement than before the changes.

RIP PERPETUUM

When plants are accessible, yes.  When not it slows down drastically.

Ville wrote:

True, but you can plant tons of incubators around field terminals.

Jasdemi wrote:
Ville wrote:

But that’s not balanced either Celebro, if one type of mission is a lot more money per hour than another we are right back at the argano’s doing geoscanner missions fiasco we were at in the STC days.

What is really annoying me and making me madder than I have probably ever been with this game is IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.

People are having fun, making money and Betas are getting used. What he proposes will not just end all of that but keep all of the NIC made doing these missions at supposedly ten times the rate it was supposed to happen in the game. And you know what? IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.

All it takes is some simple balancing – make the token payout for a level 6 mission 600 and the NIC payout 25 million – and you have enough NIC sinks in the game to remove the ill gotten money and everyone can do missions earning enough to not want to claw their eyes out unless they are doing harvesting missions.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:
Ville wrote:

But that’s not balanced either Celebro, if one type of mission is a lot more money per hour than another we are right back at the argano’s doing geoscanner missions fiasco we were at in the STC days.

What is really annoying me and making me madder than I have probably ever been with this game is IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.

People are having fun, making money and Betas are getting used. What he proposes will not just end all of that but keep all of the NIC made doing these missions at supposedly ten times the rate it was supposed to happen in the game. And you know what? IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.

All it takes is some simple balancing – make the token payout for a level 6 mission 600 and the NIC payout 25 million – and you have enough NIC sinks in the game to remove the ill gotten money and everyone can do missions earning enough to not want to claw their eyes out unless they are doing harvesting missions.

Look at the robot balancing change, you think they, AC, is going to listen?

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Look at the robot balancing change, you think they, AC, is going to listen?

http://imgur.com/u3lWw

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

I made a post about how the mission system was crashing the economy and everyone from people in my own corp to Zoom and Anni and a lot of other people said it was fine and it wasn't causing a problem. Now we can talk about people like Ville who quite openly said he had made so much money abusing this doing harvesting missions he wasn't even bothering any more or try and fix it.

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value and all this is going to do is the same kind of knee jerk rubbish that happened with the removal of red bots and explosion damage. It's idiotic and he is too blind not only to see the damage is already done but how much this change is going to murder a mission system that is actually kinda fun and a token shop that would be very useful.

Sometimes I could just *** scream.

True story I only did the harvesting missions solo due to large amount of resources needed in the squad.  I had no idea you can chain combats till you told me.  I literally made 1.2 billion Nic 2.5 to 6 million at a time.  It wasn't until you told me about combat missions that I tried them.  But still we use 4 to 6 guys, so our payouts are like 9 million.  And I got burned out from harvesting missions.

True story.

I only ran massive amounts of beacons to watch the pretty explosions.  It had nothing to do with the massive amounts of nic, and assets I got.  I didn't even want them, they were just thrust upon me. 

I'm the victim here, please feel some pity for me. Please I beg of you.

I am Perpetuum.

Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Uh. No.

Still cheating, still exploiting, still gaming the system.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Uh. No.

CRY MORE FFS

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Zoom, if your going through with the change you've suggested.  Are we going back to the original syndicate supply prices?

Ville wrote:

Zoom, if your going through with the change you've suggested.  Are we going back to the original syndicate supply prices?

For a moment I thought Zoom might actually change his mind and do the right thing. Then I remembered the balance patch which everyone agreed was utterly idiotic and still hasn't had a single thing changed.

FML.

144 (edited by Gekko 2016-02-04 18:22:11)

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

For a moment I thought Zoom might actually change his mind and do the right thing. Then I remembered the balance patch which everyone agreed was utterly idiotic and still hasn't had a single thing changed.

FML.

I haven't seen any game where players actually knew better than it's owners what's better for game. Although we're always think we do...
If they've always listened to vets here, there were only beta and gamma and dead robot DOtA.
So if we're screwed, we would have been screwed anyway lol

Gekko wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

FML.

I haven't seen any game where players actually knew better than it's owners what's better for game. Although we're always think we do...
If they've always listened to vets here, there were only beta and gamma and dead robot DOtA.
So if we're screwed, we would be screwed anyway lol

You must play games where the developers know what happens in their own game. I play games where the developers get wrong mission payouts by a factor of ten.

Jita wrote:
Gekko wrote:
Jita wrote:

FML.

You must play games where the developers know what happens in their own game. I play games where the developers get wrong mission payouts by a factor of ten.

This is golden. Just wait for the time when we will be swimming with black bots only due to the circumvention of the industry process. This not only breaks the immersion but leaves the door wide open for other kind of abuse.

Gathering and production just out the window, pretty much 50% of the game.

RIP PERPETUUM

Lobo wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Uh. No.

CRY MORE FFS

Meh, *** it.

Just Cheat.

They will not be able to catch you if you keep your mouth shut.

They don't watch any logs.

I am Perpetuum.

Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:
Gekko wrote:

This is golden. Just wait for the time when we will be swimming with black bots only due to the circumvention of the industry process. This not only breaks the immersion but leaves the door wide open for other kind of abuse.

Can you stop with the doom and gloom *** and make good on your promise to move on?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … moving-on/

Aye Pod wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

Can you stop with the doom and gloom *** and make good on your promise to move on?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … moving-on/

Quick all of the 23 people playing the game better listen.

I am Perpetuum.