Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-01

Ville wrote:

You are *** *** and completely ill informed.  The beacon pits didn't cause inflation you eetard.  It did the opposite it flooded the market with goods.  Causing too much supply and no demand.  Reason mineral prices bottomed out.

Confirmed.

A lot of Kernels, Fragments and T1 mods was generated during the beacon pit.

Plasma generated was pretty low in comparison. (Source: Market rates during beacon pit times)

Ville wrote:

You are *** *** and completely ill informed.  The beacon pits didn't cause inflation you eetard.  It did the opposite it flooded the market with goods.  Causing too much supply and no demand.  Reason mineral prices bottomed out.

Ville Did'nt even read the post...Beacons caused a brief DE-flation of all assets based on the values, as per what you said, the flooding of cheap "stuff" on the market.  (The Dev's are trying to balance this with inflation.)

Ville you sound as your wanting those days back, the days of mass exploitation of beacon pits and transport missions.

This was started by missions, just standard missions, giving way to beacons.  THEN, the mission exploit came into gear (Transport) giving much MUCH more buying power to those individuals who chose (You included) to use sparks in tandem with transport missions to make tokens, and Nic.  These tokens were then leveraged in mass for minerals, and scraps. 

Now mind you, making bank on the missions just Nic wise gives incredible power over the small market base that was in that time, and still is now.  You leverage this with the ability to crank out T4 Items at higher prices (Verse Mineral Costs - Thanks directly to Beacon Exploits ) and "supply" the market gives the user great power.

So while everyone else is chugging along, those other exploiters (Mission and beacon) are vastly increasing the base line wealth.

How does one attempt to compete with persons who do this?  You can't on a nic scale, so what the Dev's are attempting to do is inflate the markets to lower the values of said exploiters. (Basically everyone who is left playing the game.)

This is done through the perception of what tokens are worth, and what T4, T4+ items are worth.  This value was  based on what beacons were based at, now its all in the shop.  Thus x10.

I am Perpetuum.

Jasdemi wrote:
Ville wrote:

Confirmed.

A lot of Kernels, Fragments and T1 mods was generated during the beacon pit.

Plasma generated was pretty low in comparison. (Source: Market rates during beacon pit times)

Now take all of those Kernals, Frags, Mods.

Sell the plasma, keep your nic from the missions.  Hold it all, make a base value of what your with THEN, to what your worth NOW.

See the inflation?  See what the Dev's are trying to do?  I get it, its a "fix" well it could be a fix.  But this is a bad habit to get into. 

Your not punish those who cheat, and exploit your rewriting CODE to go around them.

Where is my incentive to NOT cheat, to NOT exploit?

I am Perpetuum.

I hate to say, but Perpetuum is right.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I hate to say, but Perpetuum is right.

It's like he is role playing me. Good post for a change Aye Pod.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Watching Ville and Aye... I mean Perpetuum going at it on the forums is pretty amusing.

Anyone need some popcorn? lol

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

I don't read past your first paragraph typical, its a waste of my time.  The problem with the combat missions is the npc mechanics.  Not the mission rewards.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I don't read past your first paragraph typical, its a waste of my time.  The problem with the combat missions is the npc mechanics.  Not the mission rewards.

No the problem is all the *** assets, from cheaters, that should of been wiped, WERE NOT WIPED.

I am Perpetuum.

There's no cheating or exploiting.  The developers clearly knew it was happening.  Also it funded massive gamma terraforming projects and bases along with ICE.  Which was bought during the subscription model.  The assets your fretting over have long been cycled through or used.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

There's no cheating or exploiting.  The developers clearly knew it was happening.  Also it funded massive gamma terraforming projects and bases along with ICE.  Which was bought during the subscription model.  The assets your fretting over have long been cycled through or used.

No this was cheating, and exploiting.

I was wondering when you would try the, "It was good for the game." card.

This speaks volumes of where your mindset is at.  All of the things your have stated are nothing more then a license to cheat more. 
A very small amount of these assets have been cycled through, as per the *** markets.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

And I mean everyone, all sides, everyone bragged we all saw the beacon pits, Hell ZOOM saw them and did nothing about it for far too long.

Nothing is a cheat or an exploit until the devs declare it so. Until then its a clever use of existing game mechanics.

If you didnt benefit from beacons that is your problem.

This is some *** up logic bro.

So if they dont know about it, it must be ok?  I don't need another *** human to tell me that DUPING items is wrong.  That GAMING insurance is wrong.  I shouldn't need someone to tell me, that completely breaking the mission system, and exploiting the *** out of beacons is wrong.

No wonder our side did so much of it, I was pulled in as well. 

So if I didn't cheat enough its my problem?  Thats *** up bro.

I am Perpetuum.

Hes arguing with himself to hide identity now... i'm impressed by the dedication here!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Perpetuum wrote:

This is some *** up logic bro.

So if they dont know about it, it must be ok?  I don't need another *** human to tell me that DUPING items is wrong.  That GAMING insurance is wrong.  I shouldn't need someone to tell me, that completely breaking the mission system, and exploiting the *** out of beacons is wrong.

No wonder our side did so much of it, I was pulled in as well. 

So if I didn't cheat enough its my problem?  Thats *** up bro.

Duping items was exploiting a bug in the game. Beacons, missions, turtle gammas were all game mechanics that were used as they existed and later we were informed by the devs that they didnt intend/predict them to be used in such a manner.

Let me use crayons and further simplify - until the devs announce that LWF and Plates were not intended to be fit together on a bot anyone who does that is NOT cheating or doing anything wrong.

Whats *** up is the level of ignorance that you display in your posts, bro.

Wait, Insurance thing never happened right?

The precedent is already in the game.  Stuff was already pulled and said no no you cant do that.

Now we have a system that fully encourages cheating, finding the loop holes and running with them till as far as you want.

You want this game to get more players, deal with the problem.

You want the game to stay with the current population.  Do ***.

Whats *** up, is all the cheaters here trying to push off, "no no it was all a game mechanic".

Duping was done IN GAME, so I guess its technically a game mechanic.

I am Perpetuum.

116 (edited by Aye Pod 2016-02-03 07:56:24)

Im not familiar with the insurance scandal or if/why bans were handed out. Before my time.

Keep crying cheater all you want. Maybe one day it will be true. Until then its just more NER rhetoric. Seeing as you were on my side and all.

Someone is mad they didn't get a beta station in there can while lagging the server doing 140 beacon full burn. The looting ans prep took longer that the burn. Btw we were doing 1st stars because higher beacons ran risk of despawn due to higj armor. But you knew that. After we collected loot we repaired/recycled to get the refined mats back to continue production.  Running mining missions with spark teleport was prob close to exploit. You s,tp to all beta stations grabbed all mining missions 5 which were just scanning the same 2 ores and the othets were mine those 2 ores. I could do 8 missions in under 5 mins if the ore spawns were in my favor. I learned this or most of the mission stuff from nebs. Not peanut. So continue to cry like a girl.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Aye Pod wrote:

Beacons, missions, turtle gammas were all game mechanics that were used as they existed and later we were informed by the devs that they didnt intend/predict them to be used in such a manner.

That might be true but we told them how they would be used & abused well before any of those things were put in... History will never stop repeating its self in this game big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

Beacons, missions, turtle gammas were all game mechanics that were used as they existed and later we were informed by the devs that they didnt intend/predict them to be used in such a manner.

That might be true but we told them how they would be used & abused well before any of those things were put in... History will never stop repeating its self in this game big_smile

its not like we didn't tell DEVs that the current mission system would give out money way to fast. oh, they already "nerfed" harvesting missions by forcing you to pick up that log and deliver it. great fix... slowed the income ~30 seconds per run or so.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I made a post about how the mission system was crashing the economy and everyone from people in my own corp to Zoom and Anni and a lot of other people said it was fine and it wasn't causing a problem. Now we can talk about people like Ville who quite openly said he had made so much money abusing this doing harvesting missions he wasn't even bothering any more or try and fix it.

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value and all this is going to do is the same kind of knee jerk rubbish that happened with the removal of red bots and explosion damage. It's idiotic and he is too blind not only to see the damage is already done but how much this change is going to murder a mission system that is actually kinda fun and a token shop that would be very useful.

Sometimes I could just *** scream.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I mean honestly Zoom what the actual ***. Why is it always me that has to tell you to fix this ***? Where are the tools you said you had built to monitor the amount of income that missions generate? Where is your user testing? Did you even try ten or fifteen different conditions to see if it operated the way you coded it? That would have taken you what, a whopping four hours?

I’m just so sick of time and again this game destroys the economy, gives a group of people a massive advantage and then moves on like its no thing like a chicken wing. You let the people who have abused every mechanic since that dude on the titanic got his balls squeezed test it for you and tell you ‘everything is fine’ because that is what you wanted to hear. Now you STILL won’t listen to reason and want to do something else nuts.

I had no idea (despite doing assignments in a small squad) that assignment rewards scaled according to squad numbers the way they do and I think they're way off balanced as a result.

What's more worrying is that it seems that the DEVs didn't know either, also think rewards are way off balance and are now trying to retrospectively fix the issue.

It's not the first time either, is it.

For the first time I am seriously considering whether to bother playing the game any more* because ... (A) I think it is beyond the point of rescuing from past unintended imbalances that were allowed to persist for too long and B) I don't believe the DEVs have the necessary skills to avoid it happening again - and then again after that.

Your business has one product to sell, you need to be more careful with its development.

* and, before you ask, yes, you can have my stuff, I've got a fun idea of how to give it away.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

I had no idea (despite doing assignments in a small squad) that assignment rewards scaled according to squad numbers the way they do and I think they're way off balanced as a result.

What's more worrying is that it seems that the DEVs didn't know either, also think rewards are way off balance and are now trying to retrospectively fix the issue.

It's not the first time either, is it.

For the first time I am seriously considering whether to bother playing the game any more* because ... (A) I think it is beyond the point of rescuing from past unintended imbalances that were allowed to persist for too long and B) I don't believe the DEVs have the necessary skills to avoid it happening again - and then again after that.

Your business has one product to sell, you need to be more careful with its development.

* and, before you ask, yes, you can have my stuff, I've got a fun idea of how to give it away.

It’s all absolutely fixable, I’ve explained how to fix it to him on the forums a lot, in chat in game and he still won’t hear what we have to say and still thinks he has a better handle on the economy than we do despite all evidence to the contrary.

Jita wrote:

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value

I'm not, but for some reason you keep turning it into something it's not.

Mission income won't change a bit IF squad members actually show up and do something like it's intended.

125 (edited by Celebro 2016-02-03 16:05:08)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Now after even more posts Zoom is talking about nerfing mission income to 1/10th of its current value

I'm not, but for some reason you keep turning it into something it's not.

Mission income won't change a bit IF squad members actually show up and do something like it's intended.

Zoom: Please try not to spin the mistake, you're just making a fool of yourself.

RIP PERPETUUM