Topic: [Assignments]Blank reward window for non-contributing squad members

http://i.imgur.com/i6sdJdj.jpg

2 (edited by Inda 2016-02-01 18:58:06)

Re: [Assignments]Blank reward window for non-contributing squad members

Confirmed. Does not get tokens also. So its a visual bug.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

3 (edited by DEV Zoom 2016-02-01 19:15:22)

It's because of this:

* New: Assignment rewards (and penalties) will now only affect those characters in a squad who actively contributed to the assignment in some way. This mostly means contributing to, or completing an objective, but in the case of NPC targets a simple locking should be enough to become a participant. NOTE: This change has been deployed already on 2015-12-28 but there were no patch notes.

Which apparently isn't true and only got out today(?)... but it's intended.

Although if you're not participating you shouldn't get a completion window either, that's a fix for the next patch.

*edit: DEV Crm insists that it was out already on 12-28 smile

4 (edited by Ville 2016-02-01 19:25:33)

@Zoom:  What they mean is just the pop up window.  Not rewards.

@Inda:  it's been fixed for a while.

Jasdemi is asking for the reward window not to pop up on non contributing accounts.

Edit, I should Refresh my forums, seems you know what's up zoom.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

*edit: DEV Crm insists that it was out already on 12-28 smile

But it was not, is that correct?

RIP PERPETUUM

How else would people have gotten 30-50million mission payouts? That's happening due to non-participating members in the first place, cause the squad rewards are accumulated by a single member.

But I guess it was me misinterpreting this topic and it's really only about the window appearing smile

8 (edited by Celebro 2016-02-01 20:06:29)

DEV Zoom wrote:

How else would people have gotten 30-50million mission payouts? That's happening due to non-participating members in the first place, cause the squad rewards are accumulated by a single member.

Just a bit confusing, but now it's clear. Never got those rewards because I never tried it in large squad or they were docked which i think didn't work. Now those 30-50million payouts, you can only get if each member contributes to the mission.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Now those 30-50million can only get if each member contributes to the mission.

Not yet, but that will be fixed soon.

how do you plan on actually fixing this?  Because as it stands right now the only way to scale it is preselecting the amount of difficulty you want.  And how do you balance that without a complete rework of the mission system again?  Take combat missions for example:  If I am in a squad of 12 and pop 20 NPCs, and only 2 people kill it, will those two people only get like 5 million each?  Because then there is no reason to do missions as a group.  Like none.

The fix is that the mission reward is split for the number of members that the mission was generated for, but only the participating members get their share. (ie. the share of non-participating members is not accumulated by the participating ones)

i hope you also increase that bonus, so doing a mission together increases the reward a bit better then now
also...
give tokens to participants - extra ones

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

The fix is that the mission reward is split for the number of members that the mission was generated for, but only the participating members get their share. (ie. the share of non-participating members is not accumulated by the participating ones)

So say a mission is generated for 12 members in a squad for 60 million nic, 2 members undock to perform the mission, so at a payout of 5 million a piece each participate will get 5 million each and the mission only pays out 10 million total?  But the difficulty is for 12 members?

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

So say a mission is generated for 12 members in a squad for 60 million nic, 2 members undock to perform the mission, so at a payout of 5 million a piece each participate will get 5 million each and the mission only pays out 10 million total?  But the difficulty is for 12 members?

Yes.

Then there's no reason to do squad missions.

Ville wrote:

+1

If its broken now then its 100% better than what you are suggesting. Explosion damage fix all over again. Missions are fun and pay well. The problem is NIC sinks, not mission payouts, nobody is going to do a level 6 mission for 5 million.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes.

Seriously zoom, please don't do this, you are going to murder what game we have managed to put back together again.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

so its a good thing the black bot is 5 Billion

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yes.

Seriously zoom, please don't do this, you are going to murder what game we have managed to put back together again.

+1

Business as usual here today at AC

Ville wrote:

There is no reason to do squad missions because all members of the squad have to do something to actually get rewards? It has come to this? Seriously?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

There is no reason to do squad missions because all members of the squad have to do something to actually get rewards? It has come to this? Seriously?

zoom
please
tell us how much a single agent gets for a combat beta mission doing it not in squad
then
tell us how much a single agent gets for a combat beta mission doing it in squad doing it with the higher difficulty
then
tell us how much each single agent gets for doing a combat mission doing it as a full squad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

tell us how much a single agent gets for a combat beta mission doing it not in squad
then
tell us how much a single agent gets for a combat beta mission doing it in squad doing it with the higher difficulty
then
tell us how much each single agent gets for doing a combat mission doing it as a full squad

1. X
2a. X*squad difficulty bonus+the share of non-participating members (now)
2b. X*squad difficulty bonus (after the fix)
3. X*squad difficulty bonus

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Give us more incentive to do the squad missions, there is none compared to doing it solo now.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ok, these two roughly give you the same rewards:

1. Doing 10 missions solo.
2. Doing 1 mission with 10 participating squad members.

Now tell me which one is easier and faster.