Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-01

Is the 310, with a 5 multiplier?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Tokens are not affected by multipliers. The 310 is the reward of a level6 mission after the token amount fix and the 10x inflation.

53 (edited by Ville 2016-02-01 16:24:25)

Also, I get about 9 million nic per mission with combat Level 6s with a group.  I think 5 billion is a bit much, a fair assumption of 2.5 was the magic number.

at 9 million ea that's 2.9 Billion.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe I have this all backwards but:

You get 100,000 tokens by doing ~322 level 6 missions (100,000/310).

5,000,000,000/322=15,5 million NIC

Do you get that much NIC from a single level 6 mission? Cause if not, then that's a sink in my eyes.

I’m considering Beta missions with a twelve man squad and 5X multiplier.

On Beta you would get 620 tokens per level 6 (100,000/620) which is ~ 161 missions.

Average Beta payout is about 60m per level 6 so 9660m NIC.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Tokens are not affected by multipliers. The 310 is the reward of a level6 mission after the token amount fix and the 10x inflation.

So a Beta mission level 6 now gives 310 tokens? Because thats twice the problem. A level 5 mission does 20 - 40 million so i'm not sure where you get 15m for a level 6 from.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

Also, I get about 9 million nic per mission with combat Level 6s with a group.

Jita wrote:

Does not compute.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Also, I get about 9 million nic per mission with combat Level 6s with a group.

Jita wrote:

Does not compute.

If you pull Joke's corp financial logs and have a look at the tax income from Jasdemi you will see a good pattern of Beta level 6 mission income. I may have got the figures wrong as I have never done a level 6. I have done level 5's and they pay 20 - 40m. I can do it when I get home but your welcome to do it from your side too, he missions like a beast and you will get a good distribution.

I've seen a lot of tax incomes around the 7m + mark which @ 15% is 46.6m mission reward. Hard to put a figure on the plasma and loot but i'd just balance off the mission reward itself.

woops

from 50 millio to 500 ?
and from 250 to 5 billion?

Zoom, its a bit too much different to the previous ones. How this is possible, seems like need more time to corrected the numbers.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe I have this all backwards but:

You get 100,000 tokens by doing ~322 level 6 missions (100,000/310).

5,000,000,000/322=15,5 million NIC

Do you get that much NIC from a single level 6 mission? Cause if not, then that's a sink in my eyes.

I’m considering Beta missions with a twelve man squad and 5X multiplier.

On Beta you would get 620 tokens per level 6 (100,000/620) which is ~ 161 missions.

It's about 45m (70+45+25/3) on average per level 6 combat mission. Max extensions and full squad.
This is the highest possible reward right now for which you need 11 additional people in squad. You can only run one mission of the same level in the same squad.
We should keep in mind that the majority of players will probably run missions on alpha.

Ok, I see what's the confusion here. But I'm not balancing around a 12 man squad since that's 1 black robot for 12 guys.

Inda: we can always reduce the prices if we see fit, that's the less painful direction.

if you are not sure:
start with high prices. you can always reduce them.
but if you start with low prices then it can be abused... and that will relult in more problems.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, I see what's the confusion here. But I'm not balancing around a 12 man squad since that's 1 black robot for 12 guys.

Inda: we can always reduce the prices if we see fit, that's the less painful direction.

Zoom - to get the 12 man bonus you don't need twelve people to be doing the mission and locking the target, they just have to be in the squad. A single person can do the mission (and they do) and get all of the reward while the rest of the squad PvP, mine, do other missions or watch honey boo boo.

This is what this thread is about:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ty-slider/

Wait, do you mean that if you have a 12 man squad, you get 45m PER member?

O.o

ok stop explain big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

65 (edited by Jita 2016-02-01 17:20:50)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Wait, do you mean that if you have a 12 man squad, you get 45m PER member?

No, I mean that most corps and alliances have a standing squad of people who are not doing the same activity. This squad size still impacts the mission multiplier.

One person doing missions for themselves will earn 45m per mission plus tokens and rat loot. If they wanted a black Heavy and did the 322 missions needed that's around 15 billion nic of reward for 5b cost.

I'm Confused Jita, squad members don't get *** unless they at least contribute to the mission in some way.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I'm Confused Jita, squad members don't get *** unless they at least contribute to the mission in some way.

I know they don't but just by being in the squad and not doing anything in the mission they increase the difficulty of the mission and the mission reward.

I think the mission system thinks there are twelve people doing the mission and so ups the difficulty and reward but it doesn't check that they are actually doing anything, it assumes if ypu are in squad you must be helping.

In reality most squads are standing squads and are not working on the mission and the increased difficulty is easily handled by one person who gets all the reward themselves.

We're looking into this cause the mission payouts for a squad seem way too high.

69 (edited by Lobo 2016-02-01 17:42:44)

Little bit late to the party but can a prerequisite or necessary item for a black bot be that you deliver a Mk2 of said variant to a Beta 1 station in exchange for this black bot?

Dont want to site the "other game" but all faction stuff is traded by giving a player made equivalent to keep the produced materials from just appearing in game. To get a navy scorp from faction shop straight up you need the faction points, isk and a regular scorp as a trade.

The Beta station only infers a slight bit of danger in getting your newly minted bot. Also other game most blueprints and faction point trade hubs are in lowsec.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:

Little bit late to the party but can a prerequisite or necessary item for a black bot be that you deliver a Mk2 of said variant to a Beta 1 station in exchange for this black bot?

Dont want to site the "other game" but all faction stuff is traded by giving a player made equivalent to keep the produced materials from just appearing in game. To get a navy scorp from faction shop straight up you need the faction points, isk and a regular scorp as a trade.

The Beta station only infers a slight bit of danger in getting your newly minted bot. Also other game most blueprints and faction point trade hubs are in lowsec.

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

So let me explain a bit more what's happening.  Players are stacking alts and everyone into 1 squad.  ~12 players, 2 players undock to do a level 6 mission.  Either 1 tanks the spawn while another range guy just sits back and pops 1 large not and kills everything else OR 1 ranged player undocks and triggers the spawn pulls back to the magical 550 M distance where the mission mobs leash and group together and you can kill one heavy mech and explosion takes the rest.  Since no one but those one or two contributed they will take a 60 million payout or a 30 million payout.  And depending on explosion it can take 5 minutes to do or 10 minutes.  If you have terrain problems it can take longer.

So at 12 players your payout used to be 5 million a pop equaling 60 million payout.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're looking into this cause the mission payouts for a squad seem way too high.

Ah Zoom, you so crazy. Remember the thread I made warning you and you said ~everything is fine~. At this point the amount of NIC that has entered the system is just enormous, hundreds of billions. People have made so much they have just stopped bothering. You can’t balance down the income any more without the same bullshit we have had in the past around tokens, you just make ingrained wealth for the wrong reasons and make missions seem terrible post change.

This is one of those times (like removing explosion damage) where a knee jerk reduction in NIC of squad missions or change to their mechanics will just drive players away and be worse. By making this squad mission mistake you have actually made missions difficult enough to be fun – for god sake don’t change that.

You need to deal with the situation and change your NIC sinks so that it will sort itself out which is the whole reason I’ve been making post after post to try and make you get it.

If you reduce the token cost of the items in the token shop along the lines I suggested it will balance itself and NIC will drain out of the economy and become valuable again.

Once that is done if you implement Jasdemi’s requested change it will remove the need to mess about with squads and everyone will be happier.

Yeah, you've kinda created a stable economy and a reason to fight for beta islands.  You've setup a way for alliance to make money and fight wars.  It's probably been the most exciting time in Perpetuum for the past two years.

Ville wrote:

So at 12 players your payout used to be 5 million a pop equaling 60 million payout.

Christ, they need to do their math properly.

RIP PERPETUUM