1 (edited by DEV Zoom 2016-02-01 13:49:15)

Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-01

Server will be down on 2016-02-01 from 15:00 servertime/CET (14:00 UTC) for the deployment of patch 3.7.3. Downtime will be about 2 hours long.

The patch will bring the long-awaited updates to the token shop, as well as numerous fixes. Check out the newest blog post for the details:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … -upgrades/

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2016-02-01

2 (edited by Jita 2016-01-31 13:39:39)

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-01

DEV Zoom wrote:

Server will be down on 2016-02-01 from 15:00 servertime/CET (14:00 UTC) for the deployment of patch 3.7.3. Downtime will be about 2 hours long.

The patch will bring the long-awaited updates to the token shop, as well as numerous fixes. Check out the newest blog post for the details:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … -upgrades/

This is nice but you need a real money alternative. Set a base price of a billion nic per ice and push cash equivalents in there. It's not pay to win as you can get them through in game methods and it's a nice cash boost for the game.

As a quick fix for that why notut a credit price next to them too?

Also for balancing purposes I'd have a check on the prices you are selling t2+ and t4+ at.

T2+ should be 50m and t4+ should start at 250m with the industrial modules closer to a billion - even T4 module cost right now is 20m - 40m.

Most T4+ industrial modules will be alpha based and never die, their price should reflect that.

Black bots should be ten times market cost for a mk2 minimum. That's like 5 billion for a heavy which to put in perspective is around a hundred a fifty level 6 missions at max difficulty.

Another separate point - maybe give the T4+ weapon tuning a boost, the proto version is just as good. You currently get a 1% damage boost, the proto gets a 1% rof boost. I think T4+ should get rof and damage and be priced in the 250m range.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Woohoooo! More updates like this!  cool

Jita:

Currently it looks like this:

Tokens	NIC		Relation limit
T2+ module		10,000	10,000,000	200
T4+ module		20,000	50,000,000	500
Black robot		100,000	250,000,000	650
Bronze requisition slip	500		
Silver requisition slip	2000	2,000,000
Gold requisition slip	6000	10,000,000

There is no difference in the price of various module types because there is no difference in the drop chance either.

5 (edited by Jita 2016-01-31 14:01:06)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Jita:

Currently it looks like this:

Tokens	NIC		Relation limit
T2+ module		10,000	10,000,000	200
T4+ module		20,000	50,000,000	500
Black robot		100,000	250,000,000	650
Bronze requisition slip	500		
Silver requisition slip	2000	2,000,000
Gold requisition slip	6000	10,000,000

There is no difference in the price of various module types because there is no difference in the drop chance either.

Your t4+ not far off the price of T4 right now. It needs to be a lot more, five times that. T2+ is terrible really and I can only think of one module that gets used so maybe 10m is fine. Your black bot prices will be cheaper than a mk2 heavy in two weeks - I really think they should be rare and aspirational and so I would do the, 10 - 20 times the cost.

If it's possible to give modules different prices I honestly would - some T4+ is really aspirational and some is utter crap and the prices should reflect that.

From a credit perspective 2400 credits should equal 1 billion nic so a black bot should be 10k credits, a T4+ module 750 credits. Hopefully you can use the additional income from that to further reduce your game price and make most of your income through this cash shop and the ep boosters.

On the subject of EP boosters, I suggest you allow their addition once a year?

Also: black bots - is the intention to create a black version of every tier or just the heavies? Every tier please!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

wait? the black heavies on syndicate market.

i guess you wont see me in PvP much anymore. no matter how expensive they are, its already pita for someone who only casually plays to be able to afford t4 fit mk2 heavy losses, but when you then have to face heavies with
- the masking of ewar mechs,
- the detection of mechs,
- the demob resistance of mechs
- lowered hit dispersion on all weapons  / explosion radius reduction
- higher locking and weapon range

it will be total fun to face a group of praetorian grophos with t4+ equip.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Jita 2016-01-31 14:07:39)

Annihilator wrote:

wait? the black heavies on syndicate market.

i guess you wont see me in PvP much anymore. no matter how expensive they are, its already pita for someone who only casually plays to be able to afford t4 fit mk2 heavy losses, but when you then have to face heavies with
- the masking of ewar mechs,
- the detection of mechs,
- the demob resistance of mechs
- lowered hit dispersion on all weapons  / explosion radius reduction
- higher locking and weapon range

it will be total fun to face a group of praetorian grophos with t4+ equip.

They will still die Anni, the only difference will be how good it feels to inflict something you know is a definite loss. I'd happily welp a six man mk2 fleet to murder someone's preatorian gropho.

8 (edited by Gunner 2016-01-31 14:11:43)

Annihilator wrote:

i guess you wont see me in PvP much anymore.

qft  tongue

I'll fly black, bring back adrenaline

Gunner wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

i guess you wont see me in PvP much anymore.

qft  tongue

I'll fly black, bring back adrenaline

Once you fly black you never go back

NIC is so easy to come by nowadays, the costs should definitely be higher.

11 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-31 14:57:02)

so, only 322 lvl6 harvesting missions to get a black heavy

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Black robots need more tokens the rest is fine.

500 k for Black robot.

Guys, you need ~10-14-20 T4+ item to equip a robot dont forget that!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

500 k for Black robot.

+1

T2+ and T4+ costs look fine. Black robots should initially be more expensive. ~20 times more than T4+ stuff.

14 (edited by Jita 2016-01-31 15:37:19)

Inda wrote:

500 k for Black robot.

At those prices t4+ will be a PvP standard and not a mission / crux fight tool. A billion NIC is 20 level 6 missions. If you don't up the nic cost and you up the token cost ypu are gonna flood the game with NIiC.

The important thing is that the NIC cost should exceed the amount of NIC you earn getting the tokens or its a NIC faucet and not a NIC sink.

Jita wrote:
Inda wrote:

500 k for Black robot.

At those prices t4+ will be a PvP standard and not a mission / crux fight tool. A billion NIC is 20 level 6 missions. If you don't up the nic cost and you up the token cost ypu are gonna flood the game with NIiC.

The important thing is that the NIC cost should exceed the amount of NIC you earn getting the tokens or its a NIC faucet and not a NIC sink.

Yes I will see serious effort to buy tokens wia €€€, but still remember without "team" you cant use those fine modules and robots.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

How about PVP ammo?

600 for medium?

Energy to Earth!

Jita wrote:

That's be the right way of doing it.

But if you make more money getting the tokens than you spend buying the token shop item all this token shop will do is flood the game with NIC. If anything you need lower tokens and higher NIC cost as that will make NIC valuable and increase market use.

Inda wrote:

How about PVP ammo?

600 for medium?

Yeah forgot to mention that. The ammos get an additional NIC cost (beyond the token cost), 400,000 NIC for the small packages and 2,400,000 NIC for the medium packages (and 150,000 NIC for the geoscanner ammo).

But I'll revise the prices for tomorrow, thanks for the feedback.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

How about PVP ammo?

600 for medium?

Yeah forgot to mention that. The ammos get an additional NIC cost (beyond the token cost), 400,000 NIC for the small packages and 2,400,000 NIC for the medium packages (and 150,000 NIC for the geoscanner ammo).

But I'll revise the prices for tomorrow, thanks for the feedback.

You may as well remove geoscanner ammo from the game or give it another use.

What's a small package?

IMO 600 ammo is the rough amount you take on a PvP op and should be 75m nic and as 600 tokens

Zoom - will you put credit values next to the items so they can be bought for cash?

Jita wrote:

Zoom - will you put credit values next to the items so they can be bought for cash?

+1.

Nothing wrong with micro transactions as long as there are other ways ingame to get these items.

Great Job!

I think like Jita says exclusive stuff like black bots and t4+ should be higher in price.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:

What's a small package?

Small and medium size ammo.

Jita wrote:

I'm not convinced. Sure, you know that you can get them by other means, but we only need one crazy guy to sh*tpost about it on the Steam forums.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

What's a small package?

Small and medium size ammo.

Jita wrote:

I'm not convinced. Sure, you know that you can get them by other means, but we only need one crazy guy to sh*tpost about it on the Steam forums.

People cry about pay to win for pretty much anything, even when it's not so you should not care too much about it. If it's actually not pay to win you'll have other people to defend it.

I speak broken English.