Topic: Assignment faction token rewards

So uh, can someone who runs a lot of assignments confirm that tokens=level?
ie. level1s reward you 1 token, level2s 2 tokens, etc.

Because that isn't by design, you should get more, and I'm wondering now if we broke something recently or what.

2 (edited by Inda 2016-01-22 15:20:37)

Re: Assignment faction token rewards

O.o

That was the case after you changed...
So it confirmed, after the mission system change we got the same as level.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

DEV Zoom wrote:

So uh, can someone who runs a lot of assignments confirm that tokens=level?
ie. level1s reward you 1 token, level2s 2 tokens, etc.

Because that isn't by design, you should get more, and I'm wondering now if we broke something recently or what.

If you fix it, any chance of making the token payouts really high so that we get the same token inflation as NIC? Would be a nice promotion to active gameplay and not 'questionable' reserves from those baddies in STC

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DUDE WE TOLD YOU HERE:  http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/8544/tokens/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Do you always have to be such a *** ville

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

DUDE WE TOLD YOU HERE:  http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/8544/tokens/

My bad, thought that was meant for the amounts that I thought we have tongue

Yeah so next patch will fix this...

Jita: yes the 10x inflation will happen, I'll repost this in a devblog soon.

urgh...

please increase the pvp ammo costs then accordingly, after adjusting the stack-sizes of the same to something more balanced.

currently the pvp ammo has about the right price for its ability to simply neutralize any choices of resist fits...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

urgh...

please increase the pvp ammo costs then accordingly, after adjusting the stack-sizes of the same to something more balanced.

currently the pvp ammo has about the right price for its ability to simply neutralize any choices of resist fits...

I would hope and assume that all token items you can buy go up by the same factor.

9 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-22 20:05:50)

or that.

to quote what the actual plan was:

DEV Zoom blog 2015-07-23 wrote:

An important note here: most of you probably know that the old assignment system allowed a few easy shortcuts to gather a lot of faction tokens over a relatively short time. We didn’t want to remove these from players cause they haven’t been exactly exploits, but we still need to get the token economy to a healthy status before we introduce new items.
In order to achieve this, we will increase both the token prices in the shop and the token amounts given as assignment rewards by a factor of 10. So in simple terms, this means an artificial, one-time inflation.

by a factor 10 would mean that someone running level 6 missions would gather 60 tokens now... which means one stack of TNT ammo for the Rock-paper-scissors weapon balance system.

did that one-time inflation already happen?
considering that lvl 6 missions take between 3 and 10 minutes for several million NIC per run.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Here is how much you're supposed to get now in levels 0 to 6 (before inflation):

Multiply these by 10 after inflation, as well as all the current amounts in the token shop.

So two level 6 missions would get you 600 Pvp ammo.

Might be worth tweaking - its so superior it should be rarer.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Here is how much you're supposed to get now in levels 0 to 6 (before inflation):

Multiply these by 10 after inflation, as well as all the current amounts in the token shop.

I think this is fair.  310 is fair for beta mission compared to 200 for a level 5 on alpha considering the extra risk factor.

More broken balance! More!

me like it, pvp ammo need easy get

Just @ Game

Jita wrote:

Or we can put an additional NIC cost to them. If they are that popular, it would be a good sink.

Gotharic wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I think this is fair.  310 is fair for beta mission compared to 200 for a level 5 on alpha considering the extra risk factor.

we could also just remove resist mechanics in PVP only... with heavy mechs have little resist diversity and PvP ammo reducing your ammo choices to "most range" or "most damage",

some player do lvl6 combat missions in 5 minutes. with 40 Million per run, and after this change another stack of pvp ammo ontop of it after two of them.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Or we can put an additional NIC cost to them. If they are that popular, it would be a good sink.

You can seed the faction ammo on the market for like 2500 NIC each, that would be a good way to use up the NIC hordes....Don't change the mission tokens Zoom, they are perfect at 310 for beta.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yeah totally agree