Topic: Hello, old player

Hi all, I'm thinking to reactivate my old account, what about the server population?
Some say that the players are about 30/40, that reach 100 with dual account. Others say that the players reach the thousand big_smile

Re: Hello, old player

Zordok wrote:

Hi all, I'm thinking to reactivate my old account, what about the server population?
Some say that the players are about 30/40, that reach 100 with dual account. Others say that the players reach the thousand big_smile

The others are liars. Population is 20 - 50 real people, 40 - 100 accounts.

That said at the moment we have a rare time of political balance and this provides opportunity so there is fun to be had.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Epic.
I'm sorry, It was a good game, hope that the future may bring luck.

http://perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj/

Actually its not as bad as all that. The link above shows the relative corp sizes.

I’m part of Joke (all hail hypnogunz) which has in the last thirty days had around 15 real people log on and about 40 accounts. If you translate the size of our circle to the others around it you’re probably talking about 1500 accounts logging in and about 600 actual people.

This to me shows a playerbase that is still interested and still sizable but is lacking the will to play. Most of those logins are for minutes at a time – I bet if you made a graphical representation of the log in times attributed to those accounts only 5% would have more than a couple of hours.

The numbers I gave earlier are what is online at the time but activity breeds activity. If the game had a thousand active players even with no new content and nothing added it would be a great game.

What has killed the game isn’t any deficiency in the DEVs or the coding, its simply that ANY type of MMO loses a portion of playerbase on a monthly basis and if you don’t have the mechanisms in place to bring a similar or greater amount of people back in to the game either via new content, advertisement or offers then your player base shrinks.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Zordok wrote:

Others say that the players reach the thousand big_smile

We have said no such thing.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1600.png

Actual server numbers to date.
Come on back!  More players bring... more players?