1 (edited by Jita 2016-01-16 13:11:05)

Topic: Turning speed and acceleration

Add turning speed to the game based upon your your mech type. The larger the mech the bigger reduction in speed per degree turned.

This figure would be expressed as a percentage and would denote how much you slow down if you were to do a 180 degree turn.

Light ewar would be 0%
Light bots would be 10%
Assaults would be 10%
Mechs would be 60%
Heavies would be 100%

Add acceleration to the game based upon your mech type. The larger the mech the slower you reach full speed.

The figure would be expressed as seconds and would denote the time it would take you to accelerate from 0 to max speed

Light ewar would be 0
Light bots would be 1 second
Assaults would be 1 second
Mechs would be 3 seconds
Heavies would be 6 seconds

Both metrics would be impacted by the weight of modules fit with your total mech weight x total mech and module weight being the modifier.

An example:

A heavy mech making a 90 degree turn which has a total module weight equal to 50% of the chassis weight would slow down by 75% of its max speed and take 9 seconds to reach maximum speed again (from zero).

From this example you see how the era of heavies chasing down assaults would be over but they could still easily be used to hold position and move to engage. It would balance speed across classes making tactics such as long range snipe mechs vs heavies or losing mechs and heavies within buildings viable. it would also make the fitting of plates more of a choice as it would make you considerably heavier.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Turning speed and acceleration

Seems like a good idea? Possible?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

3 (edited by BadAss 2016-01-16 13:36:15)

turn-based strategy ... you guys shoot and I'll go make coffee while my robot turns smile

but it sounds interesting, if it be not too slow

+ add module "NITRO (N2O)" and shells for it (how injector energy) tongue

Just @ Game

wait? are you asking for one of the required game mechanics for multi-tile robots?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Celebro 2016-01-16 19:43:21)

Can the servers handle all the calculations?, if yes it would be great +1

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Can the servers handle all the calculations?, if yes it would be great +1

the server may be able to... but i am not sure about the effect on our australian or canadian player with their high ping.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

i would prefer slope affecting speed first

but lags need be reduced first

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

i would prefer slope affecting speed first

but lags need be reduced first

Why not both.

big_smile