Re: Glider Bonus

Currently we have no way to do any kind of cargo size modification, and modifying slope capability is a bad idea. That said if you think you have a suggestion for a better bonus than the current ones, go ahead.

Masking bonus, a Real one.  Up the accumulator a bit to be able to run a masker and a bonus to velocity nexus, also a negative mining bonus or harvesting bonus.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Currently we have no way to do any kind of cargo size modification, and modifying slope capability is a bad idea. That said if you think you have a suggestion for a better bonus than the current ones, go ahead.

We need cargo expander modules but slows you down and +1 leg slot for Scarab. Some increase for shield tank use and what Ville says.

RIP PERPETUUM

A negative mining/harvesting bonus combined with a masking bonus, controlled by the same extension is actually an interesting idea. (And not just here, but for other robots too.)

Ville wrote:

...also a negative mining bonus or harvesting bonus.

Don't allow the Scarab to fit an industrial module at all. In fact, it's a hauler, why have any chassis slots?

Because realistically allowing new players to maximize their mining experience afk mining liquid is not a bad thing.  Remember there's like 12 different materials.  If 2 out of the 12 can be done completely afk you still have to worry about the other 10.

Ville wrote:

Because realistically allowing new players to maximize their mining experience afk mining liquid is not a bad thing.

Bollocks.

I like afk player scarabs,  two reason, they can't really hurt the economy AND it has players on the terrain doing stuff which is good, lets new players see other people.

Ville wrote:

Because realistically allowing new players to maximize their mining experience afk mining liquid is not a bad thing.  Remember there's like 12 different materials.  If 2 out of the 12 can be done completely afk you still have to worry about the other 10.

That way of thinking is why we don't have a market.

RIP PERPETUUM

Remember that when roaming red spawns return to alpha these afk scarabs can translate into a very large loot can.

Aye Pod wrote:

Remember that when roaming red spawns return to alpha these afk scarabs can translate into a very large loot can.

the point is... zoom refuses to add red npcs to alpha 1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

No.  The lack of producers and the fact there's literally been 20 dudes playing for the past year is why we don't have a market.

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

No.  The lack of producers and the fact there's literally been 20 dudes playing for the past year is why we don't have a market.

There are loads of producers, I'm one of them, but if you can make a billion nic a day doing missions why would I sell goods on the market? What do I need the nic for?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

There are loads of producers, I'm one of them, but if you can make a billion nic a day doing missions why would I sell goods on the market? What do I need the nic for?

Wrong thread there genius.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Yup, it's pretty foolish to sell anything when only things you really need NIC for is teleport beacons and some minor fees here and there.

41 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-16 18:14:47)

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

i heard one of the PHM producers is using his production slots for missions, and their new recruits have to buy t4 equip from the open market.

i get threatened by alliance members for harvesting plants down to zero, because that could affect their harvesting mission income.

mining is boring, on alpha deposits are rather shallow, on beta not much better, and on gamma i need access to a full-infrastructure base to do refine or repair or recycle loot...

back to topic:
scarab is a great piece of art, wasted for this game due to balancing...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

42 (edited by Celebro 2016-01-16 19:50:20)

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

I stand by it. If you are a producer and wnat to get all the materials yourself be my guest, but its way less efficient.

Mining the most profitable ore selling the excess to buy other materials will boost the market activity and keep you sane. Larger volumes of minerals going through market will lower it's price too. The masses need to start doing that in order we can get a good market for materials then mods and bots will take hold.

RIP PERPETUUM

That's not what I am saying, I am talking about efficiency, you can maximize efficient mining with afk mining.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is what I am asking for Zoom.....develop one.