1 (edited by Toninu 2016-01-12 11:38:45)

Topic: Mission updates + map creating lag + carriage returns

Bug 1: When doing missions and receiving updates, client lags like loading resources. I suspect it is audio related but not sure. Tried it with both updates on and off (the bottom right popups) and it still lags between mission objectives.

Suggestion: pre load all objectives at the start of the mission maybe?

Bug 2: when loading up the map it takes some time but when minimised and opened up again it loads up instantly.

Suggestion: (when we close the map send it minimised by default instead of closing it) ex: pressing M twice will open map and minimise it.

Bug 3: (not sure if there is a workaround) Enter carriages do not work with dialogue boxes. example when unstacking a pile and the confirm popup appears with OK, pressing enter does not work, you have to mouse over it and click it. I figure by 2016 it would be kind of nice to select something and click enter to confirm.

Suggestion: Offer an option in client?

Edit: Do not think it is pc related as game works smooth even on high settings.

Re: Mission updates + map creating lag + carriage returns

1 + 2 -> there is probably another squad related memory leak in effect
3 -> thats no bug, its just something the game engine doesnt support

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Mission updates + map creating lag + carriage returns

Annihilator wrote:

1 + 2 -> there is probably another squad related memory leak in effect
3 -> thats no bug, its just something the game engine doesnt support

I'm tending to think it's a memory leak as well. After approx 2-3 hours with both clients running I start to get micro freeze's. A shutdown of both clients and a quick reboot and all is good for another few hours.