Topic: small version of range extender

Range extender uses 100 reactor which makes it quite impossible to use on light bots. To increase the fitting options of light bots what about making a small version of range extender? would use only 50 reactor, would give 10% bonus to any light weapon and 5% bonus to medium weapons. Still high requirements, but not nigh impossible to use on light bots. In current version this module is like mech only and they already have huge range advantage.
(I'm talking about weapons, if you don't want light ews using this on demob for example then balance it some other way. : like a different module should effect the ew stuff)

Re: small version of range extender

I believe the range extenders are designed for larger robots for a reason.
10% range to smaller weapons is terrible, you're better off using tunings.

The Game

3 (edited by Seridur 2011-01-09 13:31:59)

it's all about options, having more is always better. and there are other modules which give the same benefit to small to big robots and I think they shouldn't.

weapon tunings for example: relative much cheaper on mechs than on bots, why?
why don't we have:
small tunings: giving 5% on bonus on small weapons, only 3% on medium weapons
medium tunings: 8% bonus on small weapons (but because of the fitting requirements unlikely used on light bots anyway), 5% on medium weapons.
(talking about the standard stuff here)

This way it would be more balanced (no cheap modules for mechs only because if it would have higher cost it wouldnt fit on light bots) and we would have more options. A mech could still fit a small module, but for less bonus

Non sized modules provide a good dynamic in the game. Sizing all modules would take that dynamic away. However, I do think that non-sized modules should have reactor costs that make them viable for all sizes of bots, and cpu requirements to make the fitting have reasonable constraints.

Lyghtcrye wrote:

Non sized modules provide a good dynamic in the game. Sizing all modules would take that dynamic away. However, I do think that non-sized modules should have reactor costs that make them viable for all sizes of bots, and cpu requirements to make the fitting have reasonable constraints.

What dynamic? mechs have 4-5 times more reactor, as they should have, but I think they should pay more reactor than light bots for similar bonus. non sized modules either too cheap for mechs or too costly for light bots. Range extenders for example not viable on light bots.

I vote for range extender new artwork!
Everything else is fine.

Alexander wrote:

I believe the range extenders are designed for larger robots for a reason.
10% range to smaller weapons is terrible, you're better off using tunings.

Be nice if you could put three and a demob on an intakt tho

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

well they will be on the zenith.. maybe four of them.. but even with less the zenith will be able to demob assaults outside their firing range, but this is an other story, we are not yet there anyway smile
What I would like is an option to increase the light  weapons firing range just like the mechs have this option, and do this in a way that both the mechs and light bots could equip both versions so even more options.

i would like to see more terrain that supports assault and short range weapons. more range just makes combat unpersonal and shrinks the "felt" size of the islands.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Mechs do not have 4x the CPU. Non sized modules should have negligible reactor costs IMO. That's the point of non-sized modules. They consume a resource (CPU) that is available in similar (not identical, but similar) amounts to all sized bots, to provide the same benefit to all sized bots.