Topic: Reactor Plasma

Would it be possible to give an energy amount to reactor plasma so we can use it as energy for our reactors on Gamma?

2 (edited by Line 2016-01-09 01:58:32)

Re: Reactor Plasma

+1 and

racial: x1
non-racial: x0.5
indusrial: x0.25

or sorta

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Sounds reasonable.

Not sure how it would be balanced though.
Energy well's were introduced to make Corps work at keeping a Gamma station.

Compared to it's alternatives (cryoperine/energy cells etc)
it's per unit cost is high
It's volume is low.

How much energy/yield are you looking at ?
You don't want to be able to ship in 6 months of energy in 1 masked light bot.
Is it going to be better than just selling it.

The idea certainly fits game lore though.

About 2000 would be in line with Cryo prices, plus it would give the non-indy people a way to contribute to Gamma

I think it's too simple.

6 (edited by Jita 2016-01-09 14:06:41)

Gotharic wrote:

About 2000 would be in line with Cryo prices, plus it would give the non-indy people a way to contribute to Gamma

Its the volume he was talking about rather than the prices. I dont think theres anything wrong with it in principle but the volume thing is an issue. In the end i'm not sure its needed - plasma can be used to buy energy injector cells.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Injectors take a ton of U. Plasma takes next to nothing. The equation seems mathematically challenging. Try to have a scarab full of injectors vs a sequer full of plasma, with nic per energy that someone migth agree to. Sounds like too much of a stretch.

And anyways Earth needs that energy. The whole point of the enterprice is to get that Nian blood to feed the machine back home.

use HDT+Liquzit for energy. U can mine even on gamma. Problem resolved.

Gotharic wrote:

seriously?

i heard that there are countless NPCs constantly harrassing multiboxing miner and harvester on gamma.
how about asking your combat guys to defend?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jita wrote:
Gotharic wrote:

Its the volume he was talking about rather than the prices. I dont think theres anything wrong with it in principle but the volume thing is an issue. In the end i'm not sure its needed - plasma can be used to buy energy injector cells.

No one sells them....

Gotharic wrote:
Jita wrote:
Gotharic wrote:

No one sells them....

NPCs do everywhere but beta2 terminals

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Gotharic wrote:
Jita wrote:

No one sells them....

NPCs do everywhere but beta2 terminals

We were talking about the Energy Storage Cells not injector cells.....

Gotharic wrote:

im not sure... who would drop those expensive ones into the reactor unless its an emergency

Annihilator wrote:
Gotharic wrote:

im not sure... who would drop those expensive ones into the reactor unless its an emergency

That is the issue too, perhaps those should not be as expensive as they are...they are 4x more NIC wise than loading Cryo.....

Yeah not sure what purpose those things serve now, except for maybe emergency reactor fuel. Initially they were used to open up the TP's to the gamma islands, but once that was done I don't think anyone uses them for anything.

the problem with the energy storrage cells is not only that they give less energy for their cost, but also that they need the higher resources as well... stuff you normaly dont want to use for things like this. while cryo is cheap and easy to mine resources only.

so if this should be a reasonable energy source then the ammount of energy have to be increased drasticly...

I was talking about injector charges actually. The reason I mentioned them is because they are purchasable from an NPC sell order so Iif you have nic you need never mine. They are not super space efficient but they are not bad really.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

17 posts and noone said a word about energy wells - I suppose they are so ineffective that noone cares to build them and constantly move?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

17 posts and noone said a word about energy wells - I suppose they are so ineffective that noone cares to build them and constantly move?

to obvious

Jita wrote:

I was talking about injector charges actually. The reason I mentioned them is because they are purchasable from an NPC sell order so Iif you have nic you need never mine. They are not super space efficient but they are not bad really.

yea they are super cost efficient... but you dont want to transport them... because in terms of the energy amount you can pack into a scarab with injector cells... well do your own math... but i can promise you... not worth it.

Line wrote:

Energy wells are great TBH, was just looking for energy alternatives and ways that alpha pve'ers can assist in Gamma things.