Topic: Chassis / Cargo scanners

- Forbid on Alphas
- Make them flag ppl elsewhere
- Do it
- Do it NOW

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Chassis / Cargo scanners

- Make them flag ppl elsewhere
- Do it
- Do it NOW

Keep it as it is, just make it flag you up.

4 (edited by ShowBlink 2016-01-03 00:52:50)

-1 line drunk yarr

Jasdemi wrote:

agree

Flag is needed

Jasdemi wrote:

+1

and what does flagging achieve? People will just fit a chassis scanner to an arkhe/light (disposable bot) and still get the opponents fit. So you get to blow up a worthless/dirt cheap bot and they get your fit, and flagging has achieved what exactly ?

Remove chassis scanners from the game altogether.

Blocker wrote:

and what does flagging achieve? People will just fit a chassis scanner to an arkhe/light (disposable bot) and still get the opponents fit. So you get to blow up a worthless/dirt cheap bot and they get your fit, and flagging has achieved what exactly ?

Remove chassis scanners from the game altogether.

I don't see how they can be balanced and I don't see what benefit they add to the game. It promotes alt / no skill alt scouting which I think is one of the worst parts of the pvp landscape.

+1 for the removal of something that's was only added as a cut and paste from eve.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I agree, they are no longer needed - remove them.

Let's remove content instead of making it so the existing module provides more content.

Making fitting cost for scanners high so you need an assault or mech at least to use. Arkhes make it easy to abuse such mods and scouting features but if it takes 100 reactor for a scanner then you would have to put it on a bot that might make someone want to flag to stop the scanning.

If someone wants to flag back on alpha then it puts their bot at risk also. The sky is the limit for escilation.

Removing them all together is silly.

make more entries to beta!

(and when you have only 1 station at Alpha II is not helps also)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Removing is fine too

14 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-03 10:53:25)

its one of those modules that makes not much sense to begin with.

make it like in elite dangerous, and fit visible as soon as you have a hard-lock on your target.

Inda is right... the issue is actually not within these modules, its about the lack of grey zones between pvp and non-pvp zone. those have been gone when police towers went offline sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gwyndor wrote:

Let's remove content instead of making it so the existing module provides more content.

Making fitting cost for scanners high so you need an assault or mech at least to use. Arkhes make it easy to abuse such mods and scouting features but if it takes 100 reactor for a scanner then you would have to put it on a bot that might make someone want to flag to stop the scanning.

If someone wants to flag back on alpha then it puts their bot at risk also. The sky is the limit for escilation.

Removing them all together is silly.

I'd hardly call chassis scanners content, but if you do that's fine, each to his own. The sky has always been the limit for escalation, the trigger for it is right there in the robot status bar, just beside the cargo icon. Chassis scanning someone and flagging is not necessary to trigger escalation, if escalation is needed of course.

By the way, it would only flag when you activate the scanner and by then they have your fit anyway. You can't "stop" someone from scanning you and getting your fit, flag or not, all you could possibly do is make it more expensive for them to risk doing so, in which case what's the point ?

For me it just seems to "easy mode", to simply scan your potential opponents fit and fit your bot to counter. It's way more fun to have to try to guess what they might have fitted and let the battle prove you right or wrong.

I've never liked them..

flagging will at least give the opportunity for ppl being scanned to kill that scanner after first scans and prevent further scanning. Ofc you always can bring a whole fleet with scanners - that's ok as long as you can loose them.

What about a long cycle time? 60 seconds for t1 and goes to 30 seconds for t4?

You only get the fitting info after its complete.

Flagging has been suggested in a lot of similar threads.

+1

19 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-03 18:53:15)

this discussion comes up every once in a while

leave the scanner alone... it didn't help the enemy any way

just move on beta only, and your fine.

... oh wait... the DEVs have FORCED US to move on ALPHA

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

make the module expensive as hell and make bots flag on use

What for ?, plenty of more important things to look at first.
put it on the priority list at 2,000,001

Cargo scanner: If you are transporting something you want hidden, put it in a synsec container.
Good luck with that and not much point making it flagable.

Most of the issues of scanning seem to be at the entry points to pvp islands.
Multi destination TP's on the alpha border are in short supply these days.
If people don't want their scout/squad scanned, wait on the Beta side and shoot them in the face when they try.
If someone wants to scan my castel with LWF and masker on the alpha side, go for it.

Scanning outside an alpha terminal..
I don't think there are too many pvp fit bots with a chassis scanner installed doing the scanning.
Even now it's usually unskilled alts in cheap bots.
What is forcing flag going to achieve? It's not going to stop the scan.

Though I guess there "could" end up being more kill mails.
Will have to ask this guy http://www.perp-kill.net/agent/JetNexus&view=losses if he has any spare bots.

It's just another vet corp dock/undock - TP jump/jump back game, so I guess that is content in a way.
The people who should be using it are the new players to check what other people are using to run missions (or shock horror, pvp with).

We are terribly annoying pack of locusts, which runs to you as soon as they see. At undocking the terminal / when approaching the beta teleport. Terribly annoying. I would like to shoot... but it is impossible to alpha.

problem is solved with the field terminals! undock a sequer move to nearest field terminal dump all required fittings, undock stripped hvy mk2 go to secrete terminal refit and no problem.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

problem is solved with the field terminals! undock a sequer move to nearest field terminal dump all required fittings, undock stripped hvy mk2 go to secrete terminal refit and no problem.

Annoying pack of locusts follow every bots from terminal to field terminal and also scanning fitted bots near field terminal.

Khader Khan wrote:

lol

secrete field terminal. are you kidding?