Topic: Bold request: remove station interface alltogether.

put small shield-bubble under each outpost with syndicate protection (with a 60 second buff cycle) and high interference, and then remove all means of "docking" to a station.

since the implementation of field-terminal mechanics, its an unnecessary feature. the only remaining reason to have your robot removed from terrain, would be changing into another one... and that would only require a short loading screen, like docking, and undocking.

why?
- make all those "hidden" agents visible in the gameworld somewhere.
- reduce your interface code to a single enviroment by removing redundant in-station interface (less bugs, less work)
- less advantage for those with countless alts leftover in stations that they are not allowed to re-enter (locked outposts)
- obviously, next to zero loading time between leaving and entering station, but due to protection beeing a buff with a cycle, no advantage for better internet connection/faster computer/etc...

and other stuff.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Bold request: remove station interface alltogether.

Why all of the sudden posts to remove content in this game.  Shouldn't devs be adding stuff, not removing it?

There are more edge cases in regards to dying. After death for a short while you dont' have a robot. While it could be overcome there is no canonical way to extend this to "field terminal" style terminals.

I do have the case that in some computers the game runs if I don't go out to the field. Arguably it would be smoother to multitaks other task in your computer if you are for example just monitoring the market if you don't have to keep the 3D environment loaded. I do kinda like idea of being docked althought the "virtual reality" aspect could be explored further.

Also this would kill the spin counter sad.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

There are more edge cases in regards to dying. After death for a short while you dont' have a robot. While it could be overcome there is no canonical way to extend this to "field terminal" style terminals.

sure there is. your spark. as long as you have no robot selected, yourself can be represented by a simple FX "placeholder"

Rolafen Azec wrote:

I do have the case that in some computers the game runs if I don't go out to the field. Arguably it would be smoother to multitaks other task in your computer if you are for example just monitoring the market if you don't have to keep the 3D environment loaded.

The station background is actually taxing GPU's as much, or sometimes even more then the outside.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

I do kinda like idea of being docked althought the "virtual reality" aspect could be explored further.

Also this would kill the spin counter sad.

you can still spin your robot at the equip window wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Gekko 2016-01-07 09:55:17)

Sorry, but i can't support this.
i like the station interface because:
1. It's feels safe and calm there. Even if it's alpha island anyway. Maybe it's because of privacy, and no teenagers running and jumping around you.
2. It's a content. Removing it will make game flatter and less interesting. Because it's 23rd century, we don't live on open ground these days smile

Although sometimes the loading bars can be annoying, when running missions, for example. I've read that DEVs were planning to add the same buttons as field terminals have to big terminals, this will solve it, and no need to remove the sanctuary interface smile

By the way, how about removing loading bars from teleports? Replacing it with some animation, and add a bridges between islands - long bridges, with loading islands on the fly somewhere in a middle of them. Maybe something interesting like convoy NPC on them(a perfect place for it), so they won't look dead and empty.
This would be awesome, and also solve the long walk for someones: shift+click on another island and relax. Or use teleports if you want it fast but annoying way.