Re: New devblog: New premium packages available

When these packs will be in website shop?

I guess I am.  I guess I'm used to seeing founder packs, hmm

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This should be public knowledge but I couldn't decide yet where it's best to post this.

The two new sparks will always reappear in the redeem list until you have a character on your account that doesn't have those sparks unlocked yet. We made it this way so you don't have to choose which of your characters gets them.

If i'll claim them for all 2 characters, and after a while create 3rd one, will they reappear on him too?

JetNexus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

This should be public knowledge but I couldn't decide yet where it's best to post this.

The two new sparks will always reappear in the redeem list until you have a character on your account that doesn't have those sparks unlocked yet. We made it this way so you don't have to choose which of your characters gets them.

If i'll claim them for all 2 characters, and after a while create 3rd one, will they reappear on him too?

yes

Can anyone explain what difference between buying 1 and buying 20 upgrade kits?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

Can anyone explain what difference between buying 1 and buying 20 upgrade kits?

You are only allowed 1 each per account

10% off upgrade packs!

BOOO

Gunner u don't need more EP. big_smile

New player here.  My $.02.  Because of the new premium packages I am now going to focus my full attention on Perpetuum.  I beta tested this game back in the day but never committed to it.  I went to go play with steve.  Steve became a job and not much fun.  Things changed with Steve and I became bitter with it.  So forward a few years later I see the sale for Perpetuum.  I get it and see that the population is really low and full of giant EP vets.  I think why would I spend years to get up to the point where I can have fun in the good mechs and not get steam rolled by the vets?  I have a high skill point toon with steve.  But then I meet Ville, who tells me about the new packs.  I decide to go buy the dlc packs and bam!  Steve is history.  In one hour I was back to having fun again and able to play along with new friends all because of the new dlc packs.  I have a ton to learn but here's the point.  I want to learn and play this game now and I feel I am now able to.  So thank you.

\o/ promise it's not an alt!

Lol when I first read that my first thought was a ville alt

62 (edited by Jasdemi 2015-12-25 15:56:32)

Soterion wrote:

New player here.  My $.02.  Because of the new premium packages I am now going to focus my full attention on Perpetuum.  I beta tested this game back in the day but never committed to it.  I went to go play with steve.  Steve became a job and not much fun.  Things changed with Steve and I became bitter with it.  So forward a few years later I see the sale for Perpetuum.  I get it and see that the population is really low and full of giant EP vets.  I think why would I spend years to get up to the point where I can have fun in the good mechs and not get steam rolled by the vets?  I have a high skill point toon with steve.  But then I meet Ville, who tells me about the new packs.  I decide to go buy the dlc packs and bam!  Steve is history.  In one hour I was back to having fun again and able to play along with new friends all because of the new dlc packs.  I have a ton to learn but here's the point.  I want to learn and play this game now and I feel I am now able to.  So thank you.

Really good read. See you on the battlefield!

Ville wrote:

\o/ promise it's not an alt!

Confirming that Soterion is a legit new player, as he reviewed the game on Steam recently.

Dlc packs and reduced base game is definitely a big step in the right direction.

Gwyndor wrote:

Dlc packs and reduced base game is definitely a big step in the right direction.

Yes. I was hoping they would make the game ftp with dlc giving extras but maybe at some point this will happen. They need to make changes to how the player base gets resources to make that work but I believe they are on the right payment model direction.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The next step - paid content... y, Zoom? lol

I wouldn't mind seeing it f2p as long as the entry ep is only 25k ep and there is a 15k extra ep for a dollar or something small to get people into the purchase screen. It makes it a lot more likely that people will impulse buy an ice or a bigger dlc package

Well done on the sale and upgrade packages!  I just barely found out at the end of the Steam sale while checking this site as I do from time to time:

http://steamcharts.com/app/223410

I was wondering why Perpetuum was seeing a spike in players and looked up the latest store page on Steam to find the new low price and the upgrade and premium packages.

Perhaps consider sending out an email detailing the new price structure and upgrade options that may get some people back playing again.  I happened to stumble into it myself, but I am sure there are many other older players that have no idea of the new options.

I was able to get a few friends to sign up before the sale ended and signed up for a new Premium account myself (never had one on Steam before) because of the new boost to EP you could get with it.  I will also most likely boost my old accounts as the price is right and they could use it.

I just wanted to add that it was solely because of this decision that I ended up noticing it again, getting a few friends to try it out, and get myself to spend another $80 or so to play again to help my new friends and join back up with the pop increases.

Kelan wrote:

Well done on the sale and upgrade packages!  I just barely found out at the end of the Steam sale while checking this site as I do from time to time:

http://steamcharts.com/app/223410

I was wondering why Perpetuum was seeing a spike in players and looked up the latest store page on Steam to find the new low price and the upgrade and premium packages.

Perhaps consider sending out an email detailing the new price structure and upgrade options that may get some people back playing again.  I happened to stumble into it myself, but I am sure there are many other older players that have no idea of the new options.

I was able to get a few friends to sign up before the sale ended and signed up for a new Premium account myself (never had one on Steam before) because of the new boost to EP you could get with it.  I will also most likely boost my old accounts as the price is right and they could use it.

I just wanted to add that it was solely because of this decision that I ended up noticing it again, getting a few friends to try it out, and get myself to spend another $80 or so to play again to help my new friends and join back up with the pop increases.

They did send out newsletters. You have to opt-in. https://secure.perpetuum-online.com/acc … gedetails/

Ah!  I will have to go fix that.

Thanks.

With the growing number of Steam users we'll need to do some alternative subscribing option for them, as we don't know their emails.

DEV Zoom wrote:

What you have in mind only appears when there is a sale, and shows you the included items and how much you save. I think so at least, because there is no option for that.

As it turns out this is something that can only be done manually by Valve and you need to request it.
And there we have it: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223410

72 (edited by Jasdemi 2016-01-06 01:20:25)

DEV Zoom wrote:

With the growing number of Steam users we'll need to do some alternative subscribing option for them, as we don't know their emails.

Why not make it mandatory for Steam users to enter their email ingame before even creating an agent?

or like "Hi new guy, verify your email and receive 200 Credits and additional 10k EP"

Jasdemi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Why not make it mandatory for Steam users to enter their email ingame before even creating an agent?

or like "Hi new guy, verify your email and receive 200 Credits and additional 10k EP"

+1 second part

I think the devs are moving in the right direction!  I remember those sunny Nia days where the landscape was filled with hundreds of players (Yes, I have been playing for a very long time). To see those days again would be so good for the game. Once again your spot on Ville!

+1 Money spent on DLC packages

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator