1 (edited by Celebro 2016-01-02 18:12:28)

Topic: Items teleportation (alpha only, no bots)

Before you think no. Hear me out here.

A Request to move stuff from one terminal to another 24hrs in advance. So much wasted time doing 20x trips even on Scarabs mk2 this can take hours and I would rather watch paint dry tbh. Or maybe I have too much stuff I am, not sure. So new player might have less stuff but probably using sequers, I really don't move much stuff around all the time so this thought was a general improvement for all players.

This has always bugged me to hell, I think it will be a huge improvement to gaming experience if you want to change home or Corporation and they are hanging out on a different alpha terminals. For pvp areas and moving robots this could be abused (Power projection perhaps?) so better off with some restrictions.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Items teleportation (alpha only, no bots)

Once in 24h sounds good. Maybe some extension even, that reduces this timer 1h per level

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

1. Caters to alpha players.
2. removes legit transport careers.  Put up a private assignment and give someone a job.

-1. I would give players the ability to bring back assets from beta to an alpha 2 once per year and no more than 500u of packaged goods. Even this would be a stretch imo

5 (edited by Celebro 2016-01-03 10:54:16)

It should be at a cost, you can still charge a player to do the same thing through private assignment but it's not that popular anyways.

Would it make a difference if NPCs were transporting the goods for a fee?

RIP PERPETUUM

new player are in scarabs after a few days now,

its not that popular, probably because you are not willing to pay well enough, and the mission interfaces simply hides those missions.

please consider that a noob argano with a few points in geoscan-accuracy and basic robotics can make a few millions in minutes now. you have to price your private transport assignments accordingly.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Noob argano with a few points in geoscan-accuracy and basic robotics can make a few millions in minutes now..

Few Million in minutes now, so 60+ million per hour, are you sure?

RIP PERPETUUM

8 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-03 11:53:13)

learn to read... its "minutes" (plural) not "a minute" (singular)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

You also said a few millions, 'in minutes' could be a couple of minutes or 59 minutes I suppose, be more specific.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Noob argano with a few points in geoscan-accuracy and basic robotics can make a few millions in minutes now..

Few Million in minutes now, so 60+ million per hour, are you sure?

Exactly this is possible. 300k EPs are not even needed. Neither is expensive equipment. Just *knowledge*.

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

You also said a few millions, 'in minutes' could be a couple of minutes or 59 minutes I suppose, be more specific.

we are not talking about male genitals or energy efficiency ratings of the EU here... fuuu

if you want precise numbers, log in and get them yourself, and dont talk about some fantasy games in general chat...

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

we are not talking about male genitals or energy efficiency ratings of the EU here... fuuu

if you want precise numbers, log in and get them yourself, and dont talk about some fantasy games in general chat...

Not really fanatsy tbh smile Back on topic getting stuff around could be easier no one seems to like doing it anyways.

RIP PERPETUUM

Back on topic getting stuff around could be easier no one seems to like doing it anyways.

I would +1 making private missions more/better. I don't think making a new mechanism to bypass them is the right answer.

Altera wrote:

Back on topic getting stuff around could be easier no one seems to like doing it anyways.

I would +1 making private missions more/better. I don't think making a new mechanism to bypass them is the right answer.

+1

Illiathos International Ltd. has offered hauling services.

16 (edited by Gekko 2016-01-07 10:07:18)

Ask for freigters. 5 times bigger, 15 times slower, 20 times more cargo space, big HP buffer and 1000 reasons to gank it.

17 (edited by Chemist 2016-01-07 12:16:50)

How to transport demand:

1. Allow additionally specify a recipient parcels (nickname).
2. Allow the formation of packages remotely.
3. Also, it would be very good if the container was specified averaged value of things. You can not imagine how much time it takes to calculate the collateral. I will carry 2-3 times than to form a parcel.

Why? Because if I have to carry something from the island A to the island B, I must first come to the island A, form a package, and then run to the island B to get it. And if I in any case to go to the island A, then I'll go with my scarab and moved myself where I need.

Hauling service should be more flexible.

Any ideas?

Allow that once a 24 hours transportation in a way where you decide what and where to send, pack it, press a button and then wait for another 24 hours for stuff to be delivered. You can't decline that. You can't get an acces to that stuff until it's delivered. If at that 24 hours period source or destination station wil become unaccessible to you, you ill loose your stuff no matter what. On gammas you will require special building for that which is, being reinforced, causes stuff loss too.

If both source and destination are always opened, then this feature doesn't work.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086