Topic: Stationary Teleports

The current teleport system SUCKS!!!  There are way too few teleports to beta / gamma.  You can monitor all peeps entering and exiting with 2 light bots!  Once PvP starts, a couple of heavy mechs can lock down both exits.  There are not enough escape routes to alpha.  The number of teleports should be at least tripled.  The current layout will extremely limit PvP in the near future.

Re: Stationary Teleports

the map layout sucks

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I also agree with Paw. It doesn't matter who owns the Island - there should be more entries and exits on islands and also to Beta 2. The current layout removes a key fun component, that is the ability to stealth in and exit.

There needs to be 4 entries and exits on all islands.

Yes we said that plenty times.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

At some point, some people actually have to mine or do missions out there.  Although veteran players probably never have to lift their fingers again in the industry side.  Some do need to mine.  And at the moment if it's an open highway easily ran through 100% of the time the risk becomes too great.  Epriton won't be ninja mined.  Market will suffer, and then we will have to add epriton back to Gamma.  So there is actually a chance to mine it and Beta becomes useless again.  I dunno..  Just some thoughts.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville, Of course you don't want more access...it threatens your lockdown!

Inda wrote:

Yes we said that plenty times.

Yes we did.. even before the layout suggestion.

DeathPaw wrote:

It threatens stability of game play.  With no epriton supply the prices inflate drastically (because of lack of market supply prices have already doubled).  New players have to grind longer, and fear losing bots.  Then, Veteran stocks become gold!  Now the only ones pvping are in the best of the best gear, and in superior bots.  So guess what happens?  Veterans have a commanding lead once again over any new faction, especially one that doesn't have a research tree unlocked.  And to address your statement, No.  It has nothing to do with lockdowns, it has everything to do with common sense and basic economics.  I'm sorry if you havn't noticed some of us have been interacting with new players on a daily basis.  I know first hand when a heavy mk2 cost 75 million.  Now I am seeing them on the market for 104 and 125 million.  It's happening, you just have to pay attention.

Ville wrote:
DeathPaw wrote:

It threatens stability of game play.  With no epriton supply the prices inflate drastically (because of lack of market supply prices have already doubled).  New players have to grind longer, and fear losing bots.  Then, Veteran stocks become gold!  Now the only ones pvping are in the best of the best gear, and in superior bots.  So guess what happens?  Veterans have a commanding lead once again over any new faction, especially one that doesn't have a research tree unlocked.  And to address your statement, No.  It has nothing to do with lockdowns, it has everything to do with common sense and basic economics.  I'm sorry if you havn't noticed some of us have been interacting with new players on a daily basis.  I know first hand when a heavy mk2 cost 75 million.  Now I am seeing them on the market for 104 and 125 million.  It's happening, you just have to pay attention.

Island is locked down, so where is the epitron supply, do you just let ninjas through?

RIP PERPETUUM

10 (edited by Ville 2016-01-02 23:02:49)

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
DeathPaw wrote:

Island is locked down, so where is the epitron supply, do you just let ninjas through?

Mosquito has been mining on Dom for months.  WMM mines on Novastrov.  There's nothing stopping them.  There's guys who reach out and ask about renting islands for a few hours.  Happens.  And guys who don't.  And they risk their robots and modules.  So.  Regardless it doesn't matter which is which it's not about who has the most people for a sap it's who has the most active players in a specific Timezone.  Ninja miners don't supply the market, capitalist alliances do.

if you want to have the RIGHT to control the acces to "your" islands, then you need to pay for it.
currently you control it without any effort, under syndicate protection.

according your masters agenda, you need to be purged out of the game because of alpha carebearing with your gate scouts.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Ville wrote:

At some point, some people actually have to mine or do missions out there.  Although veteran players probably never have to lift their fingers again in the industry side.  Some do need to mine.  And at the moment if it's an open highway easily ran through 100% of the time the risk becomes too great.  Epriton won't be ninja mined.  Market will suffer, and then we will have to add epriton back to Gamma.  So there is actually a chance to mine it and Beta becomes useless again.  I dunno..  Just some thoughts.

I agree with this. More beta entry/exits benefits pvp but hurts industry. With the changes made to gamma I wouldnt mind seeing EPI available again. Tie it in with mining towers and we wont have the lopsided mess that we had during gamma 1.0

DeathPaw wrote:

NER has control of Norhoop but yet it hasnt prevented us from roaming and getting out. Our numbers seem to have been pretty even during the engagements Ive been on so is this really a problem with the TP system or just your play style?

Let's be realistic, the games $9.  3 teleports equals 27$ gate scouts.  Or probes.  You'd be amazed how often we see dweeb23 go in.  But we don't bother if tackles are not in place.

No need for more teleports. Layout is bomb, if anything it needs adjusting for deployable walls on beta with tele/sap/terminal limiting locations where walls can be placed.

Want more ways on and off an island so scouts can't camp? Make inter zone effective again and so that you get 0 syndicate time and it throws you between 300 and 750 away from teleport. Might land out of range of pro probe or may land on a waiting camper with no protection.

Quit whining because we caught your gank squad trying to run away from our heavies.....

Gotharic wrote:

Quit whining because we caught your gank squad trying to run away from our heavies.....

Your smack is weak.

I think while it should be reasonable to scout if you can shut an island off that's wrong.

+1 for extra teleports
+1 for increased interone ability

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

18 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-01-03 09:21:13)

More teleports will not fix any of the issues mentioned.  All that will happen is more scouts will be deployed. Until the devs move away from using fixed teleports you will always be able to "lock down" an island.

ps. hope you big fat nerds are still having fun smile

<3

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/129061/#p129061

I foresaw this, posted on it... zoom didn't see yhe problem. Glad to see that others cement my thoughts on this matter.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Could we have like "teleport destination" beacons"? It could have a larger spool up time but once spooled it would be a valid destination for other teleport beacon departures.

Aslo could make sense as a gamma structure that would make more sensible beach heads.

I would make those specific destination beacons visible from anywhere on an island and require a 30 minute spool. Those would have a significant impact on pvp. It should cost a decent amount of resources and be player seeded from artifact ct.

"escape"

lol

Gunner wrote:

"escape"

lol

Agreed. That would be abused in a hesrtbeat.

Move the islands close each other, so we can use Intersones. from Alpha to Beta. As Lobo said before.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

moving islands apart to prevent interzone teleports to reach gammas or the other side of betas was a bad move.

not only gameplay wise, but also regarding esthetics (the far off gammas are painfull to look at, and its a painfull amount of scrolling necessary)

also, whats the point of this travel channeling through bottlenecks?

gamma -> beta2 -> beta1 -> alpha 2 -> alpha 1 -> alpha2 -> beta 1 -> beta 2 -> gamma

this is the distance one party has to travel to attack another party at their homes. or better, what is supposed to be their endgame-homes.

there are zero meaningfull alternatives, and 1/3rd is crossing alpha in any direction, so
the most obvious result is... if you want to pvp, you locate yourself on alpha. kinda twisted.