Topic: Assault Ewar class?

Could you do some fiddling with the current models mixing the light ewar and assault models for the three classes and come up with a new assault ewar class?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Assault Ewar class?

yep

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

No. What for? What would be their role, that isn't already covered by lights/mechs? All e-war bots are fragile as hell, fast and powerfull (more or less). Assault bots would use the exact same set of extensions as light bots do. Not even a difference in that regard.
I mean if it can be implemented without much effort why not. But i don't see much gain for the game.

4 (edited by Annihilator 2015-12-31 16:49:39)

Error wrote:

No. What for? What would be their role, that isn't already covered by lights/mechs? All e-war bots are fragile as hell, fast and powerfull (more or less). Assault bots would use the exact same set of extensions as light bots do. Not even a difference in that regard.
I mean if it can be implemented without much effort why not. But i don't see much gain for the game.

QFT.
what would you gain from it?

atm, you see in combat:
ewar castel (demob)
ewar cameleon (demob, ecm)
ewar trojars (demob)
ewar arbalests (demob)
ewar vagabonds (ecm/supressor/demob)
ewar zeniths (ecm/supressor/demob)
enwar ictus
enwar seth

given the variety of ewar usage,
any ewar assault would most likely end up beeing just another demob build.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I disagree with Anni

6 (edited by Gwyndor 2016-01-01 20:21:40)

Gunner wrote:

I disagree with Anni

+1

I'd like to see assault class expanded not just for ewar but also logi, command nexus support or other utility such as interference emitters etc. Would be nice if mech class was also expanded a bit.