Topic: Artifacts - More cortex; less Mk2 CT

I think the drop rate relation between MK2 CTs and cortex is out of place.
Statistically the ratio of one Light 100p Mk2 CT to light cortex should be 1:33 to keep things in balance.

As of now we get way more CTs than we can ever use with the possible cortex supply (including SAP drops).
So either increase cortex drop rate or reduce Mk2 drop rate.

Also why the hell are industry bot CTs so common?

/discuss

Re: Artifacts - More cortex; less Mk2 CT

i think it's fine artifacting shouldn't be your main source of cortex's.  Artifacting shouldn't be used to support a corporation.

Decreasing the drop rate for CTs would be a good start. Many years ago we had already enough CTs collected for years to come. The drop ratio between combat bot and indu bot CTs is roughly 1:3 - horrible since indu bots rarely get destroyed but combat bots all the time. The loot distribution amongst the different artifact sites need a tweaking as well. All sites not dropping cortexes are almost worthless these days (thanks to kernel changes). We might start with getting rid of NPC sell orders for noralgis incubators.
Yes we should do that, i just convinced myself lol.

Rowboat wrote:

i think it's fine artifacting shouldn't be your main source of cortex's.  Artifacting shouldn't be used to support a corporation.

Uh then what should the main source of cortexes be? SAP loot is the only other source and that doesn't scale the slightest with player population or ingame goals/events/player actions.

both, cortex and CT's are way to common to begin with...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jasdemi wrote:

I think the drop rate relation between MK2 CTs and cortex is out of place.
Statistically the ratio of one Light 100p Mk2 CT to light cortex should be 1:33 to keep things in balance.

As of now we get way more CTs than we can ever use with the possible cortex supply (including SAP drops).
So either increase cortex drop rate or reduce Mk2 drop rate.

Also why the hell are industry bot CTs so common?

/discuss

I have the opposite problem. After a week of scanning I have found nearly 100 sites that have produced a cortex and maybe 2 that have produced a mk2 ct. Ill have to research and get exact numbers. Does anyone know if the loot table is tied to the player or the island/zone?

To a certain degree you can influence drop rate by the priority in which you open the stacks.

Aye Pod wrote:

I have the opposite problem. After a week of scanning I have found nearly 100 sites that have produced a cortex and maybe 2 that have produced a mk2 ct. Ill have to research and get exact numbers. Does anyone know if the loot table is tied to the player or the island/zone?

It's hit and miss. I remember having a 3-day stretch where I got dozens of CT-s followed by a long pause where I got none. I'm pretty sure it's all just a random noise and the emerging patterns are meaningless.

@Jasdemi: You're right, ++.

Burial wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

It's hit and miss. I remember having a 3-day stretch where I got dozens of CT-s followed by a long pause where I got none. I'm pretty sure it's all just a random noise and the emerging patterns are meaningless.

@Jasdemi: You're right, ++.

Observer 3 used to drop cortex's every time. This has changed?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

AFAIK they only changed the scanning mechanics not the actual drops, but I could be wrong.

Well you would do an observer 3 by dropping a teleported, popping the artefact and then jumping out and when I last did them they dropped either two heavy mech or one heavy and two mech. On a gamma island you can print cortex.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

12 (edited by Aye Pod 2016-01-02 17:23:51)

Jita wrote:

Yeah this has changed. Recently, I have scanned down multiple observer 3 sites in the same run and none of them had any cortex. Just a bunch of kernels.

Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yeah this has changed. Recently, I have scanned down multiple observer 3 sites in the same run and none of them had any cortex. Just a bunch of kernels.

Gamma or alpha? The drop rate is different.

14 (edited by Error 2016-01-02 18:01:41)

Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Confirming that. They actually have a pretty low chance of dropping them - maybe every 3. stash some cortex.

On gamma.

Jita wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Gamma or alpha? The drop rate is different.

Gamma

I wonder why they changed it, I thought it was pretty much on par with the new assignments rewards. Anyone knows what's the approx NIC/h on Gamma nowadays?

Error wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Confirming that. They actually have a pretty low chance of dropping them - maybe every 3. stash some cortex.

On gamma.

Tbh one in three is still pretty good. A double heavy mech cortex drop is forty mil and your risking an argano.

Jita wrote:

Tbh one in three is still pretty good. A double heavy mech cortex drop is forty mil and your risking an argano.

Im fine with the drop rate if they increase the frequency of observer sites. I only see one, maybe two observer sites during a 4 hour arty scanning stretch and I dont skip sites. I scan down everything.

Burial wrote:

I wonder why they changed it, I thought it was pretty much on par with the new assignments rewards. Anyone knows what's the approx NIC/h on Gamma nowadays?

Ive never crunched the numbers but its decent. I arty scan in a sequer though so I may be a little higher than those who do it in an argano.