1 (edited by DEV Zoom 2015-12-29 12:00:50)

Topic: Server downtime 2015-12-28

Today we have encountered a critical issue where all the contents of the DLCs appeared again on the accounts that purchased them. A lot of them have been already redeemed/activated/spent at that point, which gave us no other option but to bring down the server immediately at 20:46 CET/servertime and roll back the database to a 19:08 backup.

Unfortunately everything that has happened since the time of that backup is lost, or rather didn't happen to be precise, so it's impossible to do reimbursements.

Sorry.

Update 12-28 23:29: We might be able to do it without a rollback.

Update 12-29 11:55: There was no rollback. Unredeemed DLC items have been removed from accounts, redeemed EP/credits have been deducted. Those who have spent them immediately may be in the negative now.

While the server was down we have also deployed a possible fix for the gamma emergency timer issues.

Another new feature that went live is that assignment rewards (and penalties) will now only affect those characters in a squad who actively contributed to the assignment in some way. This mostly means contributing to, or completing an objective, but in the case of NPC targets a simple locking should be enough to become a participant.

Re: Server downtime 2015-12-28

So.. What did that do to the 20:00 reinforcement timer for the terminal that should have been blown up on the 25th?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Good thing you caught it early

RIP PERPETUUM

I swear the Devs are in Inda's corp.  With the number a re-dos on that Ethos base, you gotta wonder at this point.

Altera wrote:

I swear the Devs are in Inda's corp.  With the number a re-dos on that Ethos base, you gotta wonder at this point.

Sounds totally plausible. I imagine the conversation went this way: http://i.imgur.com/F5u5ad0.jpg

6 (edited by Ravel 2015-12-28 22:24:07)

Jasdemi
why you told this? now they know truth!

Jasdemi wrote:
Altera wrote:

Sounds totally plausible. I imagine the conversation went this way: http://i.imgur.com/F5u5ad0.jpg

You da REAL MVP!  That was amazing!

Update 23:29: We might be able to do it without a rollback.

Ville wrote:

looks like ur are mad?

When again will start a server?

+1 to no rollback.
smile

Ravel wrote:
Ville wrote:

looks like ur are mad?

Why would I be mad?  His meme was awesome unlike your English.

13 (edited by Ravel 2015-12-29 00:04:01)

my english perfect
can't say same about your russian

Oops. My codes are naughty.

15 (edited by SunnyJester 2015-12-29 00:41:50)

I think I have 18 accounts total that were boosted, I lost track now....was totally Christmas having all that EP to spend on me!!!  I wish I had gotten it twice!

is there an ETA when server will be up?

guess thats a no

Will our mechanical ball of fun and joy be running again smoothly in the next few hours?

Perpetuum givieth and the Dev's taketh away! lol

Update 12-29 11:55: There was no rollback. Unredeemed DLC items have been removed from accounts, redeemed EP/credits have been deducted. Those who have spent them immediately may be in the negative now.

While the server was down we have also deployed a possible fix for the gamma emergency timer issues.

Another new feature that went live is that assignment rewards (and penalties) will now only affect those characters in a squad who actively contributed to the assignment in some way. This mostly means contributing to, or completing an objective, but in the case of NPC targets a simple locking should be enough to become a participant.

DEV Zoom wrote:

oh, i have to test this,
because - how does that scale the actual reward multiplier and how many agents in squad are pinged for every step of a mission when they do not get something to begin with?

overall, i am please to see you working on something to solve the big issue, but i am disappointed that you are still trying your way around the most obvoius solution, as in propper corp and alliance features instead of bloating up the cumbersome "Squad" feature.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

This deserves a changelog post.
...After you recover from the all-nighter you guys pulled fixing the DLC bug and combing of the database.

Can you also detail the actions that do flag a squad member as 'participating'?  Logi providing nexus? RR? Hauling? etc.

I urgently suggest you allow those players who are now in negative EP to downgrade some extensions to get back to at least +2000 EP without speding credits or reimburse credits needed for do this.

I hear a lot complaints of new players who spend their EP in a not ideal way and need now to wait for several month to spend the the next EP right.

If you have spend your EP in wrong way and need now say 1000-2000 EP to correct this by adding a necessary extension to have the fit working, you don't wait 2 months playing active. A player new in game will not even wait 5 days.

Goffer wrote:

I urgently suggest you allow those players who are now in negative EP to downgrade some extensions to get back to at least +2000 EP without speding credits or reimburse credits needed for do this.

I hear a lot complaints of new players who spend their EP in a not ideal way and need now to wait for several month to spend the the next EP right.

If you have spend your EP in wrong way and need now say 1000-2000 EP to correct this by adding a necessary extension to have the fit working, you don't wait 2 months playing active. A player new in game will not even wait 5 days.

This. You can't afford to drive new players away for such a stupid mistake, which was obviously on your end.

Jasdemi wrote:
Goffer wrote:

This. You can't afford to drive new players away for such a stupid mistake, which was obviously on your end.

its idiotic you even need to be told

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."