1 (edited by Goffer 2015-12-22 13:59:17)

Topic: Production Assignments

Please rework production assignments and rename the existing to transport  assignments.

I didn't expect to need a lvl6 _Production_ assignment in solo-squad to move 5 stacks of 1000U each. Between production start and assignment finish with up to 4km distance.

I would love to see the prodcution related extensions mattering in the production assignment, but now, it is only haul related extensions that change the effort for this assignment

Re: Production Assignments

I wouldn't really call having higher extensions an "effort". And even if they would be considered to matter, that would only reduce production time, which doesn't change difficulty. So in the case of production assignments the only way to scale difficulty was item volumes.

You are right that having higher extensions is not on first glance effort, but on second. Consider the extension needed to move 5kU around => Indu bot control, glider control, navigation Nexus.

You don't need to be able to move anything better than sequer, but you will not be able to finish this assignment in 1h when you lack extension to move Lithus/Scarab. In fact I would say, every sane person aborts this assignments, when not able to use a bot with more than 80U.  So in fact this assignment requires some higher extensions, but none production related in order to do it proper.

My point is why should a production assignment perform better for hauling skilled agents, than for production skilled agents? It is safe to assume that a typical production agent has at least 5% less speed due to nexus than an haul agent for the first 1 million EP.

Goffer wrote:

You are right that having higher extensions is not on first glance effort, but on second. Consider the extension needed to move 5kU around => Indu bot control, glider control, navigation Nexus.

You don't need to be able to move anything better than sequer, but you will not be able to finish this assignment in 1h when you lack extension to move Lithus/Scarab. In fact I would say, every sane person aborts this assignments, when not able to use a bot with more than 80U.  So in fact this assignment requires some higher extensions, but none production related in order to do it proper.

My point is why should a production assignment perform better for hauling skilled agents, than for production skilled agents? It is safe to assume that a typical production agent has at least 5% less speed due to nexus than an haul agent for the first 1 million EP.

You can not do lvl 5 combat missions in an arke or light/assaults either

I'm with Goffer here. Production assignments really should get an overhaul. The required volumes to haul are simply outrageous on beta islands. As Goffer mentioned: nobody with a sane mind will go for them on beta.
That's why i assume you Dev Zoom haven't done them either yarr. I can't understand why you try to neglect the influence of extensions on difficulty and/or efficiency for productions assignments. You've created a game with competition as its core yet deny the associated human behaviour quite often (aka min/maxing). 2 things have a major part in the outcome of every endeavour in Perp: personal *skill* (whatever that might be in a specific situation) and of course extensions.
There's no reason that extensions should have no influence on assignments.
Production assignments are just not a viable option given the state they're currently in - no matter if they're matching your vision of how they should be or not.
Just reduce the required hauling volume by a good portion and they're fine.

Error wrote:

I'm with Goffer here. Production assignments really should get an overhaul. The required volumes to haul are simply outrageous on beta islands. As Goffer mentioned: nobody with a sane mind will go for them on beta.
That's why i assume you Dev Zoom haven't done them either yarr. I can't understand why you try to neglect the influence of extensions on difficulty and/or efficiency for productions assignments. You've created a game with competition as its core yet deny the associated human behaviour quite often (aka min/maxing). 2 things have a major part in the outcome of every endeavour in Perp: personal *skill* (whatever that might be in a specific situation) and of course extensions.
There's no reason that extensions should have no influence on assignments.
Production assignments are just not a viable option given the state they're currently in - no matter if they're matching your vision of how they should be or not.
Just reduce the required hauling volume by a good portion and they're fine.

I think that this is based upon current politics and not possible beta status. If your island is secure there's not a problem but securing an island with this population is impossible.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Make production assignments include minerals, plants or refined materials.....