Topic: Expanding Market Seeding

I think it would be appropriate to expand the seeding of market by npcs in a way that emphasizes the utility of a terminal. Alpha 1 have outposts with limited facilities. I think they should sell materials for research and prototyping etc if that is what it is meant to be used for. The ability to estimate a price and then triple it for an unlimited order would be great. Damaged common fragments for 7k per would be awesome and sell orders for titan at 4 nic per unit. No epri or Nora though.

I also think the main terminal on alpha 2 should have all t2 modules for sale at triple or more of estimated cost. A t2 medium machine gun for 1m would be sweet.

I think this would help bridge the gaps in the market for new players coming in that aren't affiliated because a majority of what happens on market is between Corp only or between same vet players if they don't have a stockpile already made.

Re: Expanding Market Seeding

Yes we can consider that. Good idea.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

-1 and let me tell you why.  Missioning has quickly become the end all be all to making money in the game.  This is pushing mineral costs up.  Drastically.  Before too long it will be profitable to mine Titan.  Commodities are also on the up and up.  It's a player driven market.  I'd like to see it kept that way.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

-1 Its our job to seed the market.
+1 to ville's comment.  The recent mission patches, artifacting changes, all bring ways for new players to have more liquid capital faster.  Naturally, it should follow they can then more quickly utilize more higher tier equipment which in turn creates more demand. 

The problem that is trying to be addresses is lack of volume on the market in mid-level modules, and other obscure or necessary items for new players.  I think this is our job to provide this to new players, and there is lots of nic to be made by doing that.

I also agree it should be the players job but with so many gaping holes it would be nice to have astronomically priced goods just so that they can be available. The lack of market availability really kills content for me personally. I'm looking for ratios like how a baph mk1 is seeded at 1.8m nice when a player can typically make for 500k or less.

I agree that the new mission system is putting liquidity back into the market but slowly. Maybe wait to add market expansion or limit it's seeding but I still think t2 mods sold at 3 to 5 times estimated cost would be beneficial to new players.a

DEVs could easily combine both... missions and market seeding into one lore driven dynamic system...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Your in the wron market DJ I sell that stuff in tellesis

I'll give you a little more advice too.

At this stage for your alliance the corporations should be moving assets to Hershfield to setup shop.  your guys have taken Norhoop not too long for Alsbale.  Rolafens got a small little base NE solar field.  I'd say time to dig in an setup an alliance held islands.  So your not struggling for gear in the t2 and t3 department.

It's not for me lol. I have the gear I need most of time. I either use to or t4. Not a lot in between.

We should instead work on reducing market injections for any goods that are otherwise obtainable.

We could for example cut seeding either entirely or have only things made by faction tech tree be seeded in alpha2.

Mid tiers do not need seeding. Are industrialist only supposed to make profit from T4s? The dual role of mid tiers as consumables and inputs to the next tier could be utilised more. For example extension bonus for "mid tier" prototyping or production only. Another thing that because the tech tree is linear one can't be a "mid tier only " producer. Or I guess one could be if prototype selling was an actual thing that happened. but now research and being able to produce an item are very very linked.