1 (edited by DEV Zoom 2015-12-19 09:32:27)

Topic: New devblog: New premium packages available

Today we're introducing new premium packages and upgrade kits for Perpetuum. The newest blog post explains everything you need to know about them:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … available/

2 (edited by Celebro 2015-12-19 00:59:53)

Re: New devblog: New premium packages available

Wrong Link Zoom smile

Edit:Sounds like a much better pricing structure hope you get more sales standard package at 9.99, sounds about right.

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-12-19 01:10:47)

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/author/dev-zoom/

EDIT: I suggest lowering the price of the standard credit packages to $7.99

4 (edited by Annihilator 2015-12-19 01:21:13)

i hope you will lower the price soon... looks strange when the game costs more then the premium version.

also - from your pictures, there is no way to the those imba sparks without buying the premium pack
edit: ah, forget that, that picture is confusing

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

How long does it take to show up?
It shows it in steam... but nothing in the game itself.

i think it's a great idea... it's a one time purchase  and it will allow for newer players to jump right into the game vs waiting 6 months to be effective @ anything i.e. indy or combat.  However, i don't agree with the strongest sparks in the game available only through real money.  300K ep is not pay to win but those sparks definitely give an advantage.

Good, also i want buy one gamma island, u can make this premium?

Just @ Game

Mixed feelings about this. 
I would advocate for Azyrex's point for accelerated EP earning, not 100k+ bundles right off the bat.  We all know how poorly the first 40k goes with some new players, why compound that frustration?

If more income means the game gets more development and players online: then I'll concede my point.

I would like to see higher end sparks for non-$ purchase, maybe of very high Nic costs, rare-item trade in, and/or very high corp-reputation.  The current new sparks feel pay-to-win-ish.

Just an opinion.

wts accounts.

10 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-12-19 04:59:52)

Should have shared your opinions in the discussion thread we had regarding this. If you missed it then its your fault so get your panties out of a bunch.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -the-sale/

You are trying in any way to entice people to play. But you're going the wrong way. Even at a discount buying the game, people do not stay here. Because it is not interesting. For an interesting game people are willing to pay money each month. Make the game interesting and people will suffer you money.

Wtf are all you people *** about?  Most of you are 1.5 million EP accounts!!!  Who cares if someone can pilot a mech efficiently day one???  This is a step in the right direction to not have the same 45 people online.  Good job Avatar creations!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Wtf are all you people *** about?  Most of you are 1.5 million EP accounts!!!  Who cares if someone can pilot a mech efficiently day one???  This is a step in the right direction to not have the same 45 people online.  Good job Avatar creations!

Exactly this. The same lot complaining about this are the same lot complaining about the current state of the game. Its about time AC stopped catering to this dead weight and started making decisions for the betterment of the game as a whole.

Ville wrote:

Do you think now would dramatically increase online... 2 times? smile And y, i bought IT. big_smile

Chemist there were like 1000 copy's sold when it was $7.99.  Dude if we can get 500 people online we can have markets!  Pvp! Populated Gammas! So good!  We went from literally 8 people in GC to a 100.  For a week long sale.  Now think if we an get sustainable growth.

$9.99, So you putting the game in the "under $10." thingy AND AND, it has positive ratings so it bumps it higher in relevance.  And if we get a *** SALE the game could literally be UNDER $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excuse me while I say this.  But go *** yourself.  If you want to sit in general chat with 5 people and *** about lack of content, while not actively participating in content on your own island.

17 (edited by Mr Dude 2015-12-19 06:42:59)

Azyrex wrote:

Really? You're allowing people to purchase EP now? That's pretty money-grubbingly low. EP should not be able to be purchased, only accelerated. That's bullshit.

I've been worrying about this too. I totaly agree that EP selling is bad, but the blog says:

* Each upgrade kit can be purchased only once for each Perpetuum account

So in this case i'm very like this news. Vets are not nerfed - they can buy the same package. And just one time, so EP won't depend just on money, or so called pay to win. Don't know about sparks though, haven't tried them much. Just talking about EP.

This might not solve the other problems why people quit, but the base game price was redicilously high, so at least it'll solve most cases why people not buying. And the cases when people decide to wait for a few months to have a "better start".

I hope to see non-steam version soon smile

Ville wrote:

Chemist there were like 1000 copy's sold when it was $7.99.  Dude if we can get 500 people online we can have markets!  Pvp! Populated Gammas! So good!  We went from literally 8 people in GC to a 100.  For a week long sale.  Now think if we an get sustainable growth.

Y! Maybe sold 1000... maybe 2000... but where there ppl? I see only little steamchart boost when sale... maybe 10-20 ppl.

Quite the ugly development in my view. For years now we ask for a beefier syndicate store as a tool for more content and better income for AC and what we get is some BiS stuff purchasable exclusively for real monies.
Terrible.
I'm ok with a meaningful EP boost right from the start for noobs - just not 300k. That's simply too much for my taste and collides heavily with the base of the game: a time based skill progression. 3 months worth of EPs (~120k) on top of the starting EPs would have been justifiably in my book.
Most vets are totally unaffected by the changes (except RMT sparks) and "only" their feelings are hurt. The true damage is done to the noob, who starts the game with only 1 upgrade or no upgrade at all (only the base game). This poor fella gets smashed against the wall by mean vets AND the next noob with 1 upgarde more.
And since this is already online on STEAM you'd have a hard time to adjust the terms - if you intended to.

Too much EP in bucnh they cant know how to use them wiesely - give to them by adding to daily EP gain at least

Sparks is helping your gameplay (pay to win) - remove

generally Ville is wrong, if we would have 10 000 player tomorrow, we will have 2000 next day and 2 weeks later we will face the same amount we have now, you know that. - reduced price wont help, just less money probably (think of the free to play aspect, if Perpetuum would free to play nothing would chnaged really.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

21 (edited by Gunner 2015-12-19 08:05:21)

I want

I want

22 (edited by Mr Dude 2015-12-19 09:00:05)

Inda wrote:

Too much EP in bucnh they cant know how to use them wiesely - give to them by adding to daily EP gain at least

Sparks is helping your gameplay (pay to win) - remove

generally Ville is wrong, if we would have 10 000 player tomorrow, we will have 2000 next day and 2 weeks later we will face the same amount we have now, you know that. - reduced price wont help, just less money probably (think of the free to play aspect, if Perpetuum would free to play nothing would chnaged really.

Well, of course there will be bad side effects like, for example, the newbie with the pack will be able to pilot Mk2 heavy with average efficiency. Any reason to buy something lower than mk1 heavy?
But there isn't much players who'll buy the game and all the premium packs at the same time. In most cases people buy packs when they've know what to do with it, after hey've played some time and figured things out.
So i think, this change have much more advantages than side effects:

1) people wanted to try the game before buying, because price is too high to just try. Solved. A client more likely buy the game, and if he likes it, buy other stuff. If not... i don't think DEVs will have less proffit, but it's definitely better for playerbase. Although we still need other stuff like banners.

2) aren't you all wanted F2P with cash shop anyway? single-time packs with very good stuff is very common items in cash shops. And that's doesn't mean every newbie will buy this packs. Actually, such items are not exactly for newbies only.
It pretty same in all shops:

• limited packs with a lot of stuff, including unique for a decent price, like "starter pack", "ultimate pack", etc

• usual unlimited stuff like consumbles and boosters with standard price

• vanity stuff

Some games failed to strike a good balance with cash shop, though, turning it in payMore-to-win.

We should understand that for the game to survive, many things in marketing and pay model should change. Change is always a pain and risk, not olny for vets. Sooner or later, but it's inevidable. And a change in this blog is not ruining the game, so it's already good. If they'll make EP purchasable unlimited times then yes, it'll time to go, but so far it's a healthy direction, i think.

Link fixed, sorry.

Annihilator wrote:

i hope you will lower the price soon... looks strange when the game costs more then the premium version.

Yes, it will be like this only for a few days.

And as for the sparks, there were some posts about the old sparks being too weak and not influencing much. We'll do some balancing there soon, so the new ones won't stand out this much.