Topic: Observers on beta and gamma travelling too fast

After the last hotfix patch, the observer mobs on beta and gamma have been running at a super fast rate (150 kph+)  making it virtually impossible to run from them with anything short of a light bot.  Could you please fix this issue?  It has happened before and you guys were able to fix it.

Re: Observers on beta and gamma travelling too fast

There is no way observers got faster but all the other NPCs are unaffected, because noone touched observers. Which ones are we talking about?

3 (edited by Blocker 2015-12-17 15:04:04)

I've heard other people say this as well, but I out ran a group of 3 in a kain on Alsbale on Monday night just past. They didn't seem any faster at the time, but that was just my impression.. and yes I did get close enough for them to lock me and jam etc, but they dropped lock pretty quick on and off, on and off..

Yes they are too fast I should say most of the roaming NPC's a bit fast. But maybe that risk we can take.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Alsbale and Xiantor ones for sure, not sure about the other islands atm

I invite you to go out there and take a look

DEV Zoom wrote:

There is no way observers got faster but all the other NPCs are unaffected, because noone touched observers. Which ones are we talking about?

lol "that's impossible! nobody touched that part of the code!"

if I had a nickle for every time I heard that.. (and said that)

I wouldn't say a thing if there was separate code that controls observers' speed, but there isn't. If they are too fast then every other Gropho or whichever NPC should be faster now.

Anyway they are a bit too fast, we can have some risk at Beta, Gamma but that is intented?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

10 (edited by Goffer 2015-12-18 11:38:55)

I my opinion NPCs are fast since several month, but now (since last two patch) they are more "determined" and they can really fast come or pass by. I cannot prove up to now, but it seems this concerns not every NPCs caravan, only some are that determined like they want to catch up, while other still have a rather zig-zag pathing

Edit: I just run with framed Sequer from Obs and detected they do ~100-120 kph. So I barely got out of range as long as I could not use terrain

11 (edited by Blocker 2015-12-19 12:25:44)

ok, just got back from a run around Alsbale and we specifically went to watch some observers and I stand corrected. Zoom, they are screaming fast man, go and watch them. They are moving at like ludicrous speed.

I can show to DEV Zoom where mechs "Racing Observers" are running at 135+ kph at Kent.

Atm, i dont remember where i saw mech observer chasing me close, i was running at 155 kph and the mech observer was 1 or 2 kph slow than me.

Factor Fett wrote:

I can show to DEV Zoom where mechs "Racing Observers" are running at 135+ kph at Kent.

Atm, i dont remember where i saw mech observer chasing me close, i was running at 155 kph and the mech observer was 1 or 2 kph slow than me.

Observer bought Upgrade Kit and increased his skills. I think, blue bots not have enought money and they still slow. lol

14 (edited by Annihilator 2015-12-19 14:53:05)

whats the problem with "high-threat"-NPCs posing a... threat ?
maybe you should try diplomacy, i heard that works pretty well fuuu

do i need to file a bug report next time a NSE mech closes in it at my fully fit prometheus?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

whats the problem with "high-threat"-NPCs posing a... threat ?
maybe you should try diplomacy, i heard that works pretty well fuuu

do i need to file a bug report next time a NSE mech closes in it at my fully fit prometheus?

Don't have a problem with high threat NPC, but these are moving crazy fast Anni. In the four + years I have been playing I have never seen ANY bot move that fast. The ones I saw on Monday last near Douglas were not moving that fast, but these ones we saw tonight in the north were just downright crazy. You would have no hope in hell of getting away. Seems they running speed hax smile

Zoom: https://youtu.be/ZW6mePJAwW8 - my speed 122.

Hmf I'll try to get to the bottom of this.

I was travelling on a Pelistal island lately and while i was enjoying the beautiful sky and sniffeling at the local flowers i came across a teleport anomaly. Blinded and disturbed by its emissions i left its area of effect to get instantly locked by 2 superior observers at 400m distance. Trying to run away at 130 kph in a straight line was doomed to fail - they were still closing in and ... i don't want to talk about what happened next roll.

Error wrote:

I was travelling on a Pelistal island lately and while i was enjoying the beautiful sky and sniffeling at the local flowers i came across a teleport anomaly. Blinded and disturbed by its emissions i left its area of effect to get instantly locked by 2 superior observers at 400m distance. Trying to run away at 130 kph in a straight line was doomed to fail - they were still closing in and ... i don't want to talk about what happened next roll.

Come on! Tell us everything!

"logs show nothing"

21 (edited by Annihilator 2015-12-19 16:20:13)

Chemist wrote:

Zoom: https://youtu.be/ZW6mePJAwW8 - my speed 122.

it was an artemis running at ~145 kph,

given that it has no lwf fitted, i would say, the mass/speed is not working for that one.

btw, zoom

its hard to compare roaming observers speed with other roaming NPCs... you can hardly find regular red npcs roaming solo, they are always held down by their group.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Error wrote:

I too was violated.

Jasdemi wrote:

I too was violated.

Sorry to hear that. Might be, that some information slipped past my lips about your name and position. They promised me to stop with what they were doing to me. They deceived me. It was just a weak moment on my side and it won't happen again!

Error wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

I too was violated.

Sorry to hear that. Might be, that some information slipped past my lips about your name and position. They promised me to stop with what they were doing to me. They deceived me. It was just a weak moment on my side and it won't happen again!

man, did they use the long or the short missiles? yarr

Annihilator wrote:
Error wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

I too was violated.

man, did they use the long or the short missiles? yarr

I Don't want to remember but suffice to say they skipped small missiles ...