Topic: Anomalies.

Hello! I have one question.

Here 2 anomalies - http://imgur.com/jstg07w
If i jump from south anomaly, i find myself inside our base. But... If jump to at least one heavy robot and the defenders will sleep, he could kill the entire base from the inside.

I think it exploits and it should be fixed a. For example, to prohibit generate anomalies closer to 1000-1500 meters from the terminal (radius construction network terminal T1-T3).
Responses

DEV Zoom - 2015-12-14 23:39:02

It's pretty simple, if you don't want others to get in your base, destroy the anomaly.

Chemist - 2015-12-14 23:46:28

This is not a solution. I can not sit 24 hours a day and wait for the spawn anomaly. Even if I destroy the anomaly, the enemy will destroy other anomalies again to get a new respawn inside the base. This will be the destruction of room anomalies. This is not a game, Zoom. This is the same as that in the Eve Online to allow the enemy to teleport inside POS and turn off all structures/stolen things/etc... :-\

Why build a base where every 5 tiles are turrets? It is not the base. It will be a chess board with turrets.

If you've seen today siege. Then any database can be destroyed in 5 minutes. The main thing is to successfully spawn the anomaly. And no defense will not help. Do you think the players will be excited about this?

Maybe you need to show a video of the siege today?

1) Make no mistake: if any base can be destroyed easily in half an hour, no one ever will build them.
    2) If the enemy wants to destroy the base, he must attack it, or take in the blockade.
    3) If the owner of the database it wants to maintain, he must break the siege, or just forget about the base.

Summing up: if the base is easy to destroy, the online will fall. If it is difficult, it will be more PVP.

Just watch it - https://youtu.be/9LReWDqgIUY

We could bring suicide litus and logistics robots. Use of the building as a shelter. Quickly place a bomb and go back. Litus activate bombs, and their base is de-energized. Can you imagine how much it costs to build a base? Can you imagine how much time it takes? Do you think, then someone will have the desire to build them?

Gamma base - a high-end content. It is very expensive and takes a lot of time. This content can not be destroyed for 5-10-30 minutes.

Please review the mechanics of anomalies.

DEV Zoom - 2015-12-15 10:30:25

Feel free to bring it to the forum then and have a discussion there. If the majority agrees we can do something about it.

----------------------------

Now, I would not be surprised if today / tomorrow, our base will be attacked in this way.

I also would not be surprised if the majority (of our enemies, and they are in the majority) would vote against changing the mechanics of spawning anomalies.

In any case, I think this is a significant change of the game mechanics gamma islands and it should be revised.
If you are looking for light the way - then vote against it.

Re: Anomalies.

I don't see a problem with anomalies.

There is no way to successfully attack a reasonably constructed base as long as there is 1(!) defender online to swap repair node connections around.

The game badly needs a solution to the turret-grind, it's not fun or engaging in any way and it limits participation to only those vets who have the EP invested to use a Seth Mk2 with the required amount of range extenders.

3 (edited by Chemist 2015-12-15 11:45:56)

Naismith wrote:

I don't see a problem with anomalies.

There is no way to successfully attack a reasonably constructed base as long as there is 1(!) defender online to swap repair node connections around.

The game badly needs a solution to the turret-grind, it's not fun or engaging in any way and it limits participation to only those vets who have the EP invested to use a Seth Mk2 with the required amount of range extenders.

That is, do you think that MMO games should be enough 20 people to successfully attack and destroy the high-end content?

Now we have a group of maximum 20 people. The game is designed not to the general 100. Any online MMO game should keep as many players as they want to play it. This may not be 100 and 10,000. What will happen with the base, if the attack is not 20, and 200? High-end content will be destroyed in a few minutes.

And when you consider that there is no available CPU to build more turrets, the question of the protection is removed.

4 (edited by Chemist 2015-12-15 12:20:51)

Look, the basic meaning of the gamma base - high bonuses for production. We have such a base. We also have some protection. Now we are limited in the construction of additional turrets because the terminal has reached its limit. We have a total of 34 turrets (ewar and battle). You just need to bring 34 EWAR robot to neutralize our turrets and go to the base to destroy it from within (thirty four). Do you think this is a lot of MMO games? Remember PVP 2011 y?

Further. To successfully defend a base, we need to constantly there were the defenders. This means that these people should be there around the clock to prevent the attack database. These people will not be able to do other things in the game, because there is no Spark.

Anomalies ... for the same reason there should be people around the clock to destroy the new anomaly.

What if tomorrow suddenly grow online 10 times? The terminals are limited in performance. We will need to clean up the plant and build additional turrets. What do you get? It turns out that there is no point in gamma bases, because they do not have enough capacity to build factories.

Again anomaly: if now is sufficient to protect the base of one man, the attack is also one a man.

Why am I telling you this? Yes, because I do not see the point in gamma bases, if you can penetrate into the anomaly ...

5 (edited by Annihilator 2015-12-15 13:12:33)

Chemist,
give it up

Gamma is a concept that is tailored towards *** kind of playstyle, not the average player.
And as far as i can see, it works well. You have 6 Sandbox islands exclusive content for a handfull of zerg-style player,
6 islands to roam to eventually find one of those, if they are logged in at all,

and then you got 6 islands where pvp is prohibited, but gameplay is reduced to a bare minimum for everyone else.

you can compare it with free2play games, where you have to pay money to get the actual content unlocked, just that the DEVs here prefer to not benefit on their own.

that aside,
leave anomalies alone... they are scary!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

One of the reasons we put turrets behind our base.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

eh, interesting mechanic, but a turret here and there solve easily

8 (edited by Inda 2015-12-15 19:02:15)

I dont think so that is a big issue.

If you are able to defend your Gamma you can do either way.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

9 (edited by Goffer 2015-12-16 07:00:56)

I consider it bad, that anomalies can spawn within 1000m of a Gamma terminal, as this means in worst case the anomaly is direct beneath critical defense buildings allowing enemies to enter the most vulnerable part of your base bypassing the turrets.

At the moment no corp is able to cover their base 24/7 and even if player base rises by 100 I doubt that any corp would be able to be active defending 24/7 over a month. Ofc this means your not loosing the base, if base is 2h unguarded, but in worst case you can encounter critical damage within 2h making it difficult for you to active defend a base afterwards.

A (good) base costs billions in NIC and severe agent hours in gameplay to establish. I would prefer if attacker need to spend similar effort to bring it down without having a mechanic that bypasses the turrets direct.

In some cases even a yagel jumping in core base and getting screenshot of buildings could be sufficient to learn how to attack a base properly. But if Lithus can jump and place bombs to hit one building in reinforcement the damage could be the difference between loose or keep a base.

20 dudes spending 2 hours in-game is worth more then 1-2 dudes spending 2 hours in-game.

Naismith wrote:

20 dudes spending 2 hours in-game is worth more then 1-2 dudes spending 2 hours in-game.

You've spent this time voluntarily.

So did the 1-2 guys building the base. Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to build it.

Naismith wrote:

So did the 1-2 guys building the base. Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to build it.

You offtopic.

My point remains.

Naismith wrote:

My point remains.

This does not apply to the topic. I do not care what and where you are spending. It is your own business.

For the stupid and inattentive repeat: the goal of the topic - to prevent destruction of high-end content (gamma base) in a few minutes. By penetrating into the base through the anomaly.

You cannot destroy a Gamma base in a few minutes.

You can reinforce it through an anomaly, but there is no guarantee that anomaly will respawn in a convenient location 3 days later. Hell, there's no guarantee the station will come out of reinforce in 3 days like it's supposed to.

You cannot destroy a single ANYTHING that is being repaired by triple repair nodes as long as there is 1(!) defender there to swap connections around.

I wrote above as you can infiltrate the base, without destroying turrets. This is possible even now.

Good. I can see, nobody cares. We return to this subject when it happens.

You're writing out of your *** because you are pretending that buildings don't have a reinforcement timer and anomalies are permanent.

20 (edited by Mr Dude 2015-12-16 14:40:24)

I have no interest in bases, bu i agree with OP. This isn't quite right.

This feature was meant to some tactical advantages like this one, to have an oppertunity to attack base from flanks, avoiding some camped bottlenecks.
But not teleporting directly inside the base.

Also, i've thought the teleport destination of anomalies is random (could be even other islands) but it remains fixed for current anomaly.
Not just closest anomaly as it turns out to be.

Naismith wrote:

My point remains.

One man sitting for 30 minutes in game can worth more than another 50 nerds sitting all day wink

Anyway, if you have much more firepower than your enemies, then i think you shouldn't give anomalies too much weight in your equation?

We don't that's Syndics point.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This issue needs to be looked into urgently.
Right now, Gamma base attack is "teleport anomaly online" instead of what it should be.

Goffer wrote:

This issue needs to be looked into urgently.
Right now, Gamma base attack is "teleport anomaly online" instead of what it should be.

teleport anomaly online is much better than break it down while your not there with bugs online.

The difficulty with gamma is a frontal assault vs any half decent gamma base is crazy even at 900m. This has meant that bases have been killed by bugs and mechanics because doing it just with guns is next to impossible post terraforming change.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I'm not gonna brag about this at all Zoom, but I told u so........