1 (edited by auster 2010-11-25 14:50:49)

Topic: automatically open field containers when deployed

When I deploy a field container, it appears on the ground next to my robot. But then I have to double click on it to open the container's window. It shouldn't be too hard to automatically open the container's window right after it is deployed.

Why else would I want to deploy a container if I didn't want to open it right afterwards? Does there speak anything against it, e.g. when mining with others?

Edit: And maybe suggest a random number.

Re: automatically open field containers when deployed

You could just be planting one or someone else, like a miner, or you are putting one down then going to farm for a bit before you put stuff in it.

I dont see enough cases you do open it right away to want this.  I think that window might just get in the way too often when you dont want it to open.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

3 (edited by auster 2010-11-25 15:08:09)

hehe, I see it as a miner, in that case it makes sense to open it right away. Or you take it with you until you have enough to put in it. The 1U of that field container doesn't make much of a difference for a mining bot. But now I see that you might not want to open it right away when farming on npcs.

Well you can resize the window to display only the first two items (doesn't get smaller). Then it shouldn't take too much space of your screen.

Then you'll never be able to see much of whats in the container, because it will save that size for any container you open.

If you're mining, you have nothing but time on your hands anyway, so opening it after you drop it really isnt slowing you down at all, is it?

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Double click on the title bar and you will see whats in it. Double click on it again and it should have its previous size. Also resizing to make it larger again shouldn't be the problem. I just meant that I can't really understand why the container window would occupy too much of your screen.

What I didn't see at first was that it could hinder people farming on npcs. So my suggestion was solely supposed to smooth the gameplay for miners. As there are valid reasons against it, it is rejected. No big deal wink