Topic: Interference from Anomolies

Is this really necessary? It does not add anything but a nuisance to all sides.  Please consider moving it as it just causes more issues to people who are legitimately trying to do beacons on Beta and Gamma.

Re: Interference from Anomolies

Well then.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This is kinda like complaining about thunderstorms being a nuisance to all sides smile

edit: though I don't even see how it interferes with beaconing, since they disappear once the beacon is activated.

Keep it as is, its a very nice twist to the game.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is kinda like complaining about thunderstorms being a nuisance to all sides smile

edit: though I don't even see how it interferes with beaconing, since they disappear once the beacon is activated.

maybe you could make them have a slight minimum distance from each other.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

True they disappear but lets say you're dualboxing a support bot to give you RSA's right.  So after a beacon you jump through now you have full interference and you're trying to lock up your combat toon to give him RSA or target for healing.  Guess what you now have a 20-30 second lock time.  *** waste of time because you don't test.  Or you test one and done idk what the method to the madness is but it's not working.  I guess this works for people just trying to jump through anomolies to avoid combat.  is that the intent?

DEV Zoom wrote:

RSA's Zoom

Rovoc wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

True they disappear but lets say you're dualboxing a support bot to give you RSA's right.  So after a beacon you jump through now you have full interference and you're trying to lock up your combat toon to give him RSA or target for healing.  Guess what you now have a 20-30 second lock time.  *** waste of time because you don't test.  Or you test one and done idk what the method to the madness is but it's not working.  I guess this works for people just trying to jump through anomolies to avoid combat.  is that the intent?

in other words, if you drop the beacon, and then start RSA'ing, your supports locktime is down to 5s.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

no need for an RSA then....because by the time you lock with your RSA bot start the RSA then lock with the other bot, you may as well not have any....

Gothoric WhiteKnight wrote:

no need for an RSA then....because by the time you lock with your RSA bot start the RSA then lock with the other bot, you may as well not have any....

That's for the very first wave, at most. The waves even have a 5 second delay after the beacon activates.

My only gripe with it is unflagged units jump freely while Agressed upon.... Flagged units have to open map.... wait 3 secs of "hang time" hit the center to unit button map flys to you and zooms in.... quickly calculate which is the next closest tpa then speed off that way.

Either make tpa for agressed upon units not tp or let flagged units jump with no extended cool down instability. Its become all to easy for a shield tanked and plated unit to just walk un-worried across an island. They flag on me I hit a tpa they cant jump. They dont flag.... I dont die. Stupid new meta.

Keep the regular Teleports with extended CDs but tpa shouldnt block flagged units and shouldn't add an instability to flagged units.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gothoric WhiteKnight wrote:

That's for the very first wave, at most. The waves even have a 5 second delay after the beacon activates.

When you are doing Industrial star beacons, I spend more time setting up and moving than I actually do shooting and doing the beacons.   Lock time, Instability and moving back from mobs to avoid explosion damage takes more time than actually shooting them.  They are just not very time efficient....

Of course it's not very time efficient, the whole anomaly system was introduced to stop the imbalanced loot-raining-from-the-sky slaughterfest that beaconing was.

Well if you combine issues, high interference AND kamikhazie npcs I can see where this is overly ***.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Of course it's not very time efficient, the whole anomaly system was introduced to stop the imbalanced loot-raining-from-the-sky slaughterfest that beaconing was.

I think it has just gone too far in the other direction, that's all.....

16 (edited by Celebro 2015-12-08 21:31:59)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sounds like they want to shoot more not re-lock and move again and again. Does not sound like much fun. I know you would like it to be more of a challenge or less passive, but it's not so enjoyable.

RIP PERPETUUM

Honestly with the way beacon reward is right now vs mission reward, I would much rather be doing combat missions. More money, less hassle.

Naismith wrote:

Honestly with the way beacon reward is right now vs mission reward, I would much rather be doing combat missions. More money, less hassle.

Yes I'm aware of that.

and soon, beacon special loot (t4+) can be bought for tokens... so even less reason, right?

even if it's like a bazillion tokens, who cares.  People can FINALLY GET ACCESS TO IT AFTER LIKE 2 YEARS!!

So to sum up the new beacon mechanics.
1. High risk
2. low reward compared to more enjoyable things
3. slow and interrupted by very long loading and lock times.

Why would anyone want to do beacons then?

I want to think that it's incomplete mechanics.  Like npc rebalance/loot etc...

keep it

stop being ***

big_smile