Topic: De-mobbing and highways

Keep politics out of this thread. I will be reporting all violators and requesting deletion of their hard thoughts tongue

De-mobbing is no where near as powerful as it was before the big re-balance patch with most bots able to be partial immune with 1 plate and others getting full immunity with it.  L-demobs are (fixed) no LOS again and with the open areas of highways there is again a place for them to be used but with such a small effect its not worth it.

Highways are now spammed across every map and allow a HUGE speed bonus, This is the first time in Perp history where speed has played the biggest roll of some fights. Previously more guns or longer range or more e-war would decide a fight. The last few big fights were won almost on speed benefits alone.

My Discussion comes that with the new speed as king battlefield and de-mobbs not doing near as much effect to bigger targets, Would it be correct logic to think that when a de-mob lands the highway bonus gets removed form the targeted bot, decreasing there speed even more. Of course this would have no effect to units not using a highway.

Other possibilities that I thought of were add a targeting point to a speed rail, (like a switch) either with neut or dps the switch trips turnning off that section or multi sections of that speedrail.  (This idea might be difficult for devs to implement.) and keep this one beta only.
To turn back on after dps would need either a rep bot for immediate repair other wise 1 hour auto regen. And of course energie x-fer for neuts or also a timer regen.

Discuss keep political ties out of it.

Tl:dr Demobs should remove highway bonus thoughts? L-demobs might have a purpose again.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: De-mobbing and highways

Khader Khan wrote:

...This is the first time in Perp history where speed has played the biggest roll of some...

thats a strange statement, given how LWF's have been a must-have fit over the last 5 years.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

On topic comments please. Zoom please remove off topic comments here.

In my opinion, there's nothing really wrong about battles being more about speed, especially since they're going to do the big robot speed balance at one point anyway, however the formula for speed calculation is strange.

1. 50% demob strength against 50% demob resistance makes demob slow the target for 0%.
2. 50% demob strength against -25% demob resistance makes the demob slow the target for 75%.

That's basically polarised from 0 effect to wrecking effect, and regardless of EVERYTHING, highway buff is added on top the end result.. but velo nexus isn't.

Burial wrote:

In my opinion, there's nothing really wrong about battles being more about speed, especially since they're going to do the big robot speed balance at one point anyway, however the formula for speed calculation is strange.

1. 50% demob strength against 50% demob resistance makes demob slow the target for 0%.
2. 50% demob strength against -25% demob resistance makes the demob slow the target for 75%.

That's basically polarised from 0 effect to wrecking effect, and regardless of EVERYTHING, highway buff is added on top the end result.. but velo nexus isn't.

Thanks Burial maybe we should look at the effect itself.

Or maybe zoom (or Burial) can post up the potato math on demobbing vs resistance + speed nexus + Highway bonuses.

Burial wrote:

2. 50% demob strength against -25% demob resistance makes the demob slow the target for 75%..

whats so hard to understand there?
50% - 50% = 0%
50% -(-25%) = 75%

one is a resist, the other one is a penalty (given by lwf)

thats not potato math... thats elementry school math

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Burial wrote:

2. 50% demob strength against -25% demob resistance makes the demob slow the target for 75%..

whats so hard to understand there?
50% - 50% = 0%
50% -(-25%) = 75%

one is a resist, the other one is a penalty (given by lwf)

thats not potato math... thats elementry school math

Yeah cause that's exactly how the equation works. That is what is embedded in the game code.

Please take your troll back under a bridge and go to the test server and pretend your still a GM.

I agree with Khader, speed plays way too much of a roll in most battles.  I do like the speed of bots when not in combat though.  So either change demobs to be more effective or perhaps have a large speed reduction on PvP islands that scales down when numbers on the island increases.

Khader I think you feel something right. But I dont think that is any solution, they will do the balance things.

bit off topic:
What if we have speed booster on every robot and it needs accu to use ?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Khader I think you feel something right. But I dont think that is any solution, they will do the balance things.

bit off topic:

Cool Idea Inda make a post about it so Anni can troll your post with his toxic behavior as well

Inda wrote:

bit off topic:

good idea, why not?

POE FOR LIFE

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

POE FOR LIFE

Come back gunner. Perp needs you!

The problem is lwf only fits are demobbed by a castel mk2 to nothing. For this reason everyone double plates everything. Balance demobs rather than add a bandaid on a broken mechanic.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

15 (edited by Hunter 2015-12-07 05:51:31)

Khader Khan wrote:

...bla-bla-bla...

Tl:dr Demobs should remove highway bonus thoughts? L-demobs might have a purpose again.

Yes, highway bonus have to be removed under demob. Energy tanks been replaced by ECMs, now it's time to play with demob.

BTW we can create some kind of roadmap around equipment and rearrange it every... hmm.. 3 months? If this changes bring back 1-2 vet players game will increase it's popularity on ~10-15%.

TLDR: +1

Astrologers proclaim the week of demob. Everyone should use demobs cause of it cancels highway effect on enemies.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

16 (edited by Burial 2015-12-07 21:46:13)

Jita wrote:

The problem is lwf only fits are demobbed by a castel mk2 to nothing. For this reason everyone double plates everything. Balance demobs rather than add a bandaid on a broken mechanic.

Yup, stacking 55% demob resistance in practice means demob immunity but anything in a LWF-only fit gets rekt by a demob. Next-level gameplay.