Topic: Detection issues

When on gamma I am being locked by npcs before they show on radar and before the red icons appear on screen. That is even with an active detection cycle from a signal detector. Not sure if its lag as my lag is normal at 170-200ms. Buildings and plants load normally when they come into range and distant structures appear on the radar during a detection cycle.

Re: Detection issues

Teleport anamolies near?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Teleport anamolies near?

would be my first question too

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yes and no. Was next to one when it happened once and not near any others as I was stationary and the npcs walked up on me.

Is NPCs locking onto you implied or does it actually happen? Because if something locks you then it should become visible, regardless of detection.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Is NPCs locking onto you implied or does it actually happen? Because if something locks you then it should become visible, regardless of detection.

Both times the first thing that indicated NPCs were near me was the sound of getting locked and then 1-2 sec later an entire 5th star spawn appeared on the radar and main screen and had me redboxed. I have the distance circle set at 600m so when I heard that I was getting locked I checked the radar and saw nothing. 1-2 seconds later I had the entire spawn showing within the circle.

This doesnt sound widespread so Ill try to recreate and get a SS if possible and unless any others report the same ill just submit a ticket.

Ty Zoom.

well, how about this: the npcs spawned right next to you?

depite it beeing the plan, i think it was never implemented, or is broken for years, that roaming NPCs have no vincinity check for players. as seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SI2yAWma_Q

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I dont think so. I would have heard the sound of them spawning first then locking.