Re: Please extend the sale

DEV Zoom wrote:

You all know that when you reduce the price permanently you can't ever go back, so it's not that simple.

Is this like an unspoken rule for customer service?  Or is there some feature not allowing you to go back up in price on Steam.

We aren't trying to be mean or belittle your product because let's face it, most of us think it's a damn fine game!  But we want people to play with! 

And at some point the model needs to flip to sustain growth.  Meaning Cheap Intro price into the game and heavy sales on ICE.  With ICE being $10/15:

Credits Being used on: Paint jobs, small vanity items, recustomization services and non game breaking items, cutting EP in half on non boasted accounts.

Once you have those items in place, get people in and make moneys off micro transactions.  win - win

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I'm not aware of any rule other than a time limit on how often you can change your prices, but I imagine the backlash after an increase would pretty much demolish what we achieved with the lower price before that. Because players leave all the time, good game or bad game.

Yeah I understand that.  Maybe I am being narrow minded, but I'd like some reduction in your main price tag.  Like $14.99 or $19.99 with a small bump up in your ICE price tag.  Say.. from $9.99 to $12?

Why not considering free-to-play with a non-pay-to-win cash shop? I know it's not that simple but free-to-play helped other MMOs to survive.

Have you ever heard a new player asking why there is only 50 in general chat? Who wants to play an MMO with that low numbers? The game needs a better population and free-to-play sounds like the best way to get a decent player influx. Then there is the retention problem but it's another topic.

And about $$$, I would pay for a pink Gropho IF the game was active. I'm sure a lot of us are ready to pay for vanity items just to support the game or because it looks cool as soon as we are having fun in a populated and active game.

I speak broken English.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

You all know that when you reduce the price permanently you can't ever go back, so it's not that simple.

Is this like an unspoken rule for customer service?  Or is there some feature not allowing you to go back up in price on Steam.

We aren't trying to be mean or belittle your product because let's face it, most of us think it's a damn fine game!  But we want people to play with! 

And at some point the model needs to flip to sustain growth.  Meaning Cheap Intro price into the game and heavy sales on ICE.  With ICE being $10/15:

Credits Being used on: Paint jobs, small vanity items, recustomization services and non game breaking items, cutting EP in half on non boasted accounts.

Once you have those items in place, get people in and make moneys off micro transactions.  win - win

Dont increase cost of base game. Look at what ville is saying. Keep base game low and get people in, with a decent population others will fall in love like us and also cry for paintjobs. The current playerbase would probably drop enough $$$ on a pink ictus alone to fund your servers for a year.

31 (edited by Naismith 2015-12-02 18:14:10)

I don't think the initial price is that important because long-term the bulk of your income will be ICE when you add things to the credit shop (paintjobs, customizeables, etc etc - PLEASE NO BLACK BOTS F*CK YOU VILLE).

Right now, being premium is only relevant for newbies because EP means a lot more to them then veterans.

Steam was supposed to be the solution for the population problems, but I honestly do think asking for 28,99 is way too much to ask for initially, and I think the internal stats you keep should show that.

Mortal's payment model is perfect for perpetuum. A good free to play with limitations (by for instance capping all skills at while not subbed) with a pay to play alternative at something reasonably priced (£5 a month would be fine) alongside a kickstarter style approach to new content raising. Add in to that a non pay to win cash shop and your fine.

The game needs population more than it needs new content, with a thousand players the game would be fun right now with nothing new added.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

33 (edited by Ville 2015-12-02 18:39:41)

Free to plays a bad model. The developers got it right and honestly if just a tiny decrease would be stellar.  We are all Steam players.  The only people dropping 20+ dollars on a game is people with friends already playing it.  I had heartburn when buying Star Craft 2 LoV at $39.99 and it's a premium game!

And we aren't trying to belittle the game either!  You have a great mmo.  We just get excited seeing new people in the game Zoom!!!!

In f2p model you get to test out the gameplay mechanics all you want. Then, if you like it, you can spend money to get more out of the game. I really don't see the issue, specially not when you want to lower the game price to 10$ or something.

Most active players are students or unemployed, even a low price can be a barrier for them. Some of them will never give a dollar but it helps to have a populated game.

Anyways, something needs to be done.

I speak broken English.

We've been limping with 15 dudes in general chat for 6 months it's refreshing to see 80.  F2P means scouts everywhere. Even if arkhes. 

A trial would be nice.

Hey another idea!

Have additional options when buying the game.

Bronze Package: $15.99, just the game.
Silver Package: $21.99 the game, 1 ICE and 1 Alien probability device
Gold Package: $29.99 the game, 2 ICE and 5 AIDS plus a factional specific mk2 assault bot.

Thoughts?

Ville wrote:

Gold Package: $29.99 the game, 2 ICE and 5 AIDS plus a factional specific mk2 assault bot.

Thoughts?

This except the mk2 bot.

Trial is a good start, buddy keys may also help so you can invite your friends for a longer time than the base trial. Every time a buddy account buy the game the friend who gave the key receive a bounty.

Well it's just examples, can't wait to see what will be done in the end, the game will not save itself with words and love, Zoom you need to take actions.

I speak broken English.

Ville wrote:

We've been limping with 15 dudes in general chat for 6 months it's refreshing to see 80.  F2P means scouts everywhere. Even if arkhes.

You can't balance your payment model on bad mechanics. Een simple fixes such as pvp zones within 1km of a beta entrance tele and changes to the undock mechanics would fix that.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

You can't balance your payment model on bad mechanics. Een simple fixes such as pvp zones within 1km of a beta entrance tele and changes to the undock mechanics would fix that.

nothing the relies on Player input, or is 100% predictable would ever fix THAT issue.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jita wrote:

Een simple fixes such as pvp zones within 1km of a beta entrance tele and changes to the undock mechanics would fix that.

Lol. like a dog with a bone.

Dog with a bone, hey it worked last time thats how EW and Ictus got nerfed.

42 (edited by Inda 2015-12-02 23:12:10)

Just keep bringing the PVE changes.

NSE is the example for new players and new corps, still need a leader but still there is many many content.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

43 (edited by Gremrod 2015-12-03 01:21:00)

I can buy The Secret World, an AAA mmo game for 30 USD on steam.

Reduce the price incrementally until you find the sweet spot that people are willing to buy in (steady) and you guys can still live on.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

DEV Zoom wrote:

Good! <3

Ville wrote:

A trial would be nice.

Hey another idea!

Have additional options when buying the game.

Thoughts?

Gold package should include 2 accounts plus people should have the option to upgrade their bronze or silver packages for the difference if they do so within 30 days of first logging in.

Ville wrote:

Thoughts?

Diamond package: $49.99 game, 3 ICE, 5 AIDS one of each of your factional Bots, both indy mechs and a sequer, plus the mk2 assault.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

So there will be a Winter sale also guys? (As this just was the autumn.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I'm unsure if it's possible for the Devs to even confirm the fact there's gonna be a Winter sale, even though everyone knows and is expecting it. hmm

50 (edited by JetNexus 2015-12-04 10:34:49)

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

This.

Actually, we already have a half F2P model.
Because "buy and play" means that i buy the game and i don't need to spend anymore cash to be at the same level as everyone. Well, maybe only for DLC. This model is comon for singleplaye games.

But we have a cash shop atm. EP booster gives a big advantage. Because if you take a break from game(most people don't want to play even the most exiting games forever), you can return and see something like 200.000 additional EP. Which is far more than +50% and much more than player playing for free will achieve. Basically, the same as the other F2P games: either you pay and relax or play for free: login everyday to have some EP and grind for Mk2 instead of selling ICE.