Topic: Auction-based market system

So there seems to be some chatter about this recently, not sure what brought it up other than it being on the TODO list from the Roadmap blog: http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … 5-roadmap/

T5 sounds interesting, and having an Auction house model for T5's and CT's would be nice.
HOWEVER, it should not replace the current market system! 
The blog states: "Current market system may be removed once this is done"
This is a horrible idea for the following reasons.

Players will have a hard time finding best prices in local or remote locations.  How do you compare a bid for 1000 units of ammo for x, and 252 of the same ammo going for some other bid.  And then when do the auctions end?  Whats the timeline? 
This slows everything down on already a sparse market.  The market needs density to drive competition.  The less easily a consumer can compare prices the less movement the market will have. 

If the auctions remain as a separate system to deal with the uniqueness of same-items like CT's, used or new, and T5's, I think that's fine.
But I am strongly opposed to replacing the current market system, as there are many more items that don

Discuss.

Re: Auction-based market system

I support this message.

+1

I purposefully wrote auction-like, because there won't be any auctions. Sorry for the confusion.

The main goal of the new market interface would be to allow the trading of non-uniform items like CTs, and maybe also allow item packages or equipped robots. This mainly means that we will have to leave the single stack-based listing and change to a filtered category listing system, where you can e.g. search for a Seth CT and it will list all of the offered CTs anywhere and you can sort by efficiency, price, location, or even filter for these.

Comparing prices for CTs would be of course hard due to the different efficiency values, but uniform items that are currently on the market can coexist in the same system and we are able to still calculate min/max/average prices for them.

Personally I feel like T5 RNG modules are a waste of time that detracts from other beneficial ideas that would immensely help the game more.

Like:
- Paintjobs.
- NPC revamp
- Loot revamp
- Stuff in Syndicate store.
- Syndicate robots.
- Field terminals on Beta 2 & highways
- Permanent 75% discount for 1st ICE, 50% for 2nd ICE, 25% for 3rd ICE bought with $$$ on account.

Naismith wrote:

Personally I feel like T5 RNG modules are a waste of time that detracts from other beneficial ideas that would immensely help the game more.

Like:
- Paintjobs.
- NPC revamp
- Loot revamp
- Stuff in Syndicate store.
- Syndicate robots.
- Field terminals on Beta 2 & highways
- Permanent 75% discount for 1st ICE, 50% for 2nd ICE, 25% for 3rd ICE bought with $$$ on account.

I agree, to much work for T5, which is  better spent balancing the huge divide between the 4 tiers too.

RIP PERPETUUM

Extend the existing market to auction or similar for Cts sounds fine. We have indeed a lack of market for CTs (especially MK2)

the stuff syndic lists up there - one leads to the other. they are related. and beeing able to trade those items via a market interface should exist IMHO before the actual items are implemented, especially, since we already have items that cannot be traded.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear