Topic: Please extend the sale

Extend the sale, it doesn't have to be 75% off (50% would do wonders too!), just don't leave it like this at 30$! We need more population before it can be considered stable!

Re: Please extend the sale

External prices can't differ from the Steam price and Steam sale durations are fixed.

I know but please do something... I don't think that many people are gonna dump 30$ on a game without a trial. sad

I don't think anyone wants the population increase to stop and dwindle away, is there anything you can do?

If something is working, you keep on doing it. Without population this game is nothing more than a few die hards trolling the forums.

RIP PERPETUUM

The crucial is to improve the player retention, I still dont sure that is in the needed level.

But with missions and beacons is not bad now.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I know this might sound, unethical..  but could you change the price of the game (regularly) to something ridiculous like $4.99 for a month then hike it back up?  Population is what we need, I know ya'll need $ to keep the servers running but having *** people is nice to see.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

7 (edited by Gwyndor 2015-12-02 04:23:40)

DEV Zoom wrote:

External prices can't differ from the Steam price and Steam sale durations are fixed.

Then you need to permanently set the price at 7.50 for base game.

Semi permanently.

9 (edited by Inda 2015-12-02 07:30:14)

What about free 1 month to everyone, and after who want to stay have to pay the bills, like now?

And the sales could happen also.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

No Inda, stop.  Go back to your marketing on campus idea.

If you start coding for FTP and the changes that will need now you might not starve to death before it is done.

Maybe.

Its going to come anyway, your kidding yourself if you think there is any other way.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

If you start coding for FTP and the changes that will need now you might not starve to death before it is done.

Maybe.

Its going to come anyway, your kidding yourself if you think there is any other way.

What, death of game or FTP ? tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ignoring Jita is a healthy step forward.

We were getting 9-20 in chat before the sale, during the sale we climbed up to ~100 in chat.

Who's gonna buy a 2nd account at 30$?

Who's gonna compete with who without a 2nd account?

We need the price to either go down permanently, or a lot more frequent relevant sales (no 10% off, needs to be 50 minimum to get any results).

Naismith wrote:

Ignoring Jita is a healthy step forward.

We were getting 9-20 in chat before the sale, during the sale we climbed up to ~100 in chat.

Who's gonna buy a 2nd account at 30$?

Who's gonna compete with who without a 2nd account?

We need the price to either go down permanently, or a lot more frequent relevant sales (no 10% off, needs to be 50 minimum to get any results).

But the peak players through Steam went up by 30. Given that some of them will have already owned the game that means the sale brought in 10 - 15 steam players out of a general chat rise of 80. Thats probably less than a hundred new subs. This kind of 'content' patch comes every 4 - 6 months, the economics just don't add up on a P2P model.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

if the price is lowered the newbies will buy more accounts and then boost them.  The population increases and it's better for everyone.  +1 on lowering the price semi perm.  Also can we explore the bundle idea?  This allows friends to get friends hooked.  It's like selling ur friends crack big_smile

Jita wrote:

Thats probably less than a hundred new subs.

You're way off, but I've given up arguing with you a while ago.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Thats probably less than a hundred new subs.

You're way off, but I've given up arguing with you a while ago.

If its working for you then have at it sweetheart.

Okay but what are your thoughts Zoom?

Are you happy with this sale? Did it work for you guys?

19 (edited by Gwyndor 2015-12-02 16:03:58)

a thousands subs and only 20 stay in gen chat? I dont doubt you had 1000+ subs but if you are only retaining 5% then there needs to be some changes to pricing.

I talked with a lot of new players and the resounding reply to my question "What do you think about the game costing $30 regularly?"

was that it was ridiculous and are glad they are only trying it for the 7.50. When asked what they would price it the average was ~$15

You guys act like it's your first Steam sale ever, no offense smile Most people just buy the games on sale and only play them days or weeks later (if ever).

21 (edited by Celebro 2015-12-02 16:19:50)

What is quite clear enough is that the standard pricing is way off. Maybe with an active community of 1000s of players you can get away with $30 but we so little population compared to other mmos you really need to lower the pricing.

RIP PERPETUUM

please set the game at 15$ for a couple months and see how many people buy it compared to how many were buying it at 30$

You all know that when you reduce the price permanently you can't ever go back, so it's not that simple.

DEV Zoom wrote:

You all know that when you reduce the price permanently you can't ever go back, so it's not that simple.

Tell that U.S. Cable provider companies neutral, *** follow their own rules.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

DEV Zoom wrote:

Inflation? tongue

RIP PERPETUUM