Re: 5th Anniversary Gift to Perpetuum - Marketing Campaign

Zoom if you could commit to doing a Monthly update even if it was nothing more than a progress report to say, "Hey guys we are 75% done with XXX." Include stats from the killboard such as top corp, top agents etc. Links to any fan generated content etc and always include that flyer from the payment change model. Announce any upcoming sales on steam or ingame. Send that out via email to every registered email and keep doing so until they opt out.

A few days maybe to create a template and then a few hours a month to update and send. This will do loads for this game.

You could always out source it to a certain German fan boy..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

28 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-11-13 21:19:14)

Ville wrote:

You could always out source it to a certain German fan boy..

Nah, the Butt Hurt is strong in that one.

+1 for Gremrod or Ludlow

Aye Pod wrote:

Zoom if you could commit to doing a Monthly update even if it was nothing more than a progress report to say, "Hey guys we are 75% done with XXX." Include stats from the killboard such as top corp, top agents etc. Links to any fan generated content etc and always include that flyer from the payment change model. Announce any upcoming sales on steam or ingame. Send that out via email to every registered email and keep doing so until they opt out.

A few days maybe to create a template and then a few hours a month to update and send. This will do loads for this game.

+1 (monthly or quarterly would be ok)

Chemist wrote:

lifehack for Zoom:

SELECT * FROM subscribers
UPDATE subscribers SET newsletters = REPLACE(newsletters, 'NO', 'YES')
commit

do newsletter email big_smile

LOL well done chemist. 

Also, I agree with the free guerrilla marketing.  I've been putting reviews on as many sites that list perpetuum that I can find.  But more youtube videos, guides(updated ones), and player-driven activity in and out of game will drive some buzz.

But there does need to be a well timed release of new polished content, with a formal ad-campaign, and player support to get the word out.  Seeing one ad won't convince many, but seeing an ad, a youtube video of the new stuff, and players talking about it, that is a bigger deal.

It is not necessarily a problem with the game but the MMO market as a whole. The landscape has 100 worlds and each is more enticing than the next with new ones coming every month. Perpetuum has made some very good changes over the past year or so, and after returning this time I could see it would be worthwhile to stay and actually put some time into progressing and perhaps even buy a 18k credit pack. Sandbox games are also on the rise right now, you might be able to attract gamers who are getting sick and tired of the same old themepark rehash. Then there are perhaps other untapped international markets that have largely been ignored by Perpetuum's competitors. I don't think it is too late for this game to turn it around, and in some ways this game has an advantage over one like eve, it is simply not as overwhelmingly deep for a new player to wrap there head around.

Aye Pod wrote:

++

But that's not going to happen.

Perhaps the game would have more players today if they hadn't screwed so many people early on. I am referring to myself and many others who put money into the game when it was in early development. Perpetuum drew a line and said if you haven't spent x amount of money you need to buy the game now. I think it was something like you had to subscribe for 3 months or more to get the game for free. I believe I subscribed for two months and got bored because there was nothing to do at that point in development. I also had three accounts.

It's not about the money now. I wouldn't come back for free after being treated like that. I feel bad for those of you playing a dieing game because I've been there but Perpetuum's greed biting them in the *** does bring a smile to my face.

The marketing just happened big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Lokorn wrote:

Perhaps the game would have more players today if they hadn't screwed so many people early on. I am referring to myself and many others who put money into the game when it was in early development. Perpetuum drew a line and said if you haven't spent x amount of money you need to buy the game now. I think it was something like you had to subscribe for 3 months or more to get the game for free. I believe I subscribed for two months and got bored because there was nothing to do at that point in development. I also had three accounts.

It's not about the money now. I wouldn't come back for free after being treated like that. I feel bad for those of you playing a dieing game because I've been there but Perpetuum's greed biting them in the *** does bring a smile to my face.

Do you need some Johnson and Johnson no more tears?

Inda wrote:

What marketing?

Ville wrote:
Inda wrote:

What marketing?

Steam sale.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

So if we could lower the game $9.99 for a year... That'd be great.

39 (edited by Inda 2015-11-30 22:56:43)

Ville wrote:

So if we could lower the game $9.99 for a year... That'd be great.

No that is not. Not the price is the crucial, the "autumn sale" the "summer sale" make the things with lower price yes, but without sales the lowered price isnt means anything especially for longer time.

Energy to Earth!