Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-11-25

Server will be down on 2015-11-25 from 12:00 servertime/CET (11:00 UTC) for the deployment of patch 3.7, containing the improvements outlined in this blog post, plus a few fixes here and there. Note that the spark teleport feature will also be removed in this patch. Downtime will be about 3 hours long.

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2015-11-25

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-11-25

Good. Only thing is why you are nerfing alpha 1 outposts industry even more. alpha 2 terminals is still the go to area for industry.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

alpha 2 terminals is still the go to area for industry.

...with the added risk of roaming red NPCs there, once we're done with the NPC reworks.

4 (edited by Celebro 2015-11-24 19:19:02)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

alpha 2 terminals is still the go to area for industry.

...with the added risk of roaming red NPCs there, once we're done with the NPC reworks.

Never had issues with red NPCs , the fact still remains alpha 2 terminals is the go to areas in non pvp zones.

RIP PERPETUUM

I hope your readjusting the interzone tp range or putting the islands back closer so we can still make it somewhere before an hour goes by and the enemy is long gone.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

I hope your readjusting the interzone tp range or putting the islands back closer so we can still make it somewhere before an hour goes by and the enemy is long gone.

You mean instant force projection? The one that shouldn't be?

Khader Khan wrote:

huh?post makes no sense...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

try and use a interzone from tellesis and tell me where you can get to. I know that they re did all the tps but they are pointless to have in the game if you cant reach anything. With all betas and beta 2 easy entrances scouted. Only interzones will give us the option of undetected entry.

Anni stay off my posts your opinion is not wanted and your wanna be dev attitude is pathetic

You can interzone from Alpha1 to Beta2.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Lol never mind I keep forgetting you don't play this game. Add speed and a new tp layout with only 2-3 entrys in to islands with the bot balance being plated close range seth mk2s camping gates is gonna be the new meta. Seths already are fotm year what ever.

Khader Khan wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Lol never mind I keep forgetting you don't play this game.

Feel free to explain what's wrong with it. (other than Alpha2 being your personal preference for staging I guess?)

My personal staging has always been an open beta station or heydelhorn. My problem with getting rid of sparks is that when you realized sparks were the problem you moved islands further away and made interzones literally worthless. I agree that the force projection sparks plus interzone was op we could move from anywhere in 10 mins. Now sparks are gone. I live in Heydelhorn and my friends are living in Alsbale they are getting attacked I would like to participate in this meaningful pvp. (the one thing this game still has going for it imo).
I could stage an account on each island. No problem.

I just think moving the islands back and making interzones 15-10min response time is not that bad. Most pvp engagements last about 5 mins with a 10min buffer before as scouting occurs. With the current set up I can possibly interzone from alpha 1 to beta 2. Most of the places you can interzone from at this point you could just as easily drop a standard and tp to the connector that you can reach with the interzone.
Example. New Virginia only interzone possible op is Lenworth. From Len I can hit Naynitch (external likely scouted) If I drive alittle further I can possibly hit the internals davis and tals. I could continue the wall of text but the other 2 red and blue follow suit. No variety in choices.

Before the Removal (reduction) of interzones You could hit from the Alpha 2 main terminals the Beta 1 and beta 2 internals of the same color. After the removal of Sparks this will no longer cause an issue as the factions are no longer in reach of each other. A 10 min response to any threat of the same island color faction is not unreasonable Imo. A 20 min response from cross factions, Is a bit high.
Even eve has cynos and bridges. They recently added Jump cooldowns active and passive timers. But I know you dont like following the crowd.

Just to be sure zoom though I think this is obvious, we will be getting EP reimbursed for the teleport extension straight off the bat yeah?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Khader: with the new teleport/highway network I don't think getting to a neighboring island would take more than 15 minutes. In the new setup interzones won't make a big difference regarding time but they are useful when you want to avoid the fixed routes.

Beast: of course.

Are you implementing turrets shooting NPCs in Gamma on this patch?

SunnyJester wrote:

Are you implementing turrets shooting NPCs in Gamma on this patch?

Not yet.

17 (edited by Inda 2015-11-24 22:32:45)

So to summarise up:

Spark removement

Beta 1 changes, mission, teleport, higways

Beacon's will come back

New Artifact mechanic

Factory number changes

+ some small fixes (L-demob fix, etc.)

Overall I am full of hope, seems like good changes!

More life to Beta beacuse of "open" missions by field terminal, or use them to Epriton mining.
More life to Gamma, beacaus of new artifact mechanics and Beacon changes.
Beta and Gamma production will be more worth it. But at Gamma maybe more risk also because of move and the distance.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Zoom, did heavy speeds and plates get tweaked?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Some points I'd like clarification on with the spark removal:
If you are home-based to a gamma or beta, and you return there when you die, what happens when:
1)Gamma terminal is destroyed while, away, offline etc.
2)Beta terminal is locked while " ..."

Do you magically respawn there anyway?  What if you keep dying before you can escape?

Sucks to be that guy.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I think we need two spark teleports, one set at home and the other in the last terminal you docked.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

logicalNegation wrote:

Some points I'd like clarification on with the spark removal:
If you are home-based to a gamma or beta, and you return there when you die, what happens when:
1)Gamma terminal is destroyed while, away, offline etc.
2)Beta terminal is locked while " ..."

Do you magically respawn there anyway?  What if you keep dying before you can escape?

If you can't respawn normally for any reason you are placed into your chosen faction's main alpha terminal.
This has been like this for a good while and is independent of the spark teleport feature.

And just to make sure we're on the same page, the home base and last base mechanics are staying.

Ville wrote:

Zoom, did heavy speeds and plates get tweaked?

No we sorta had to rush this patch to get it out today (you'll see why), but I hope to make a quick follow-up patch including some balancing.

DEV Zoom wrote:

And just to make sure we're on the same page, the home base and last base mechanics are staying.

By example, i walk with a mesmer from my home base at tellesis to beta-2 brightstone terminal, then, can i jump back to tellesis leaving the mesmer at brightstone?, then, can i jump back again from tellesis to brightstone where my mesmer is?.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.