Re: Avatar Creations wtf?

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Teleport&highway rework is done for all 3 islands, we're now working on field terminals and mission structures.

Your like those dudes playing violin as the titanic goes down, only without the skill or dignity.

And the one wondering why you're still here.

27 (edited by Naismith 2015-11-11 15:20:00)

Might need a helping ban or ten to go away for real.

More on topic though; from what you said field terminals are generated not hand-placed, is the same case for mission objectives or?

Whats our ETA for fun stuff?

They are automatically placed, but the additional work (terraforming, anti-plant tiles, concrete, decorational buildings etc.) is all manual unfortunately. Which is mostly the reason why it's hard to estimate how long it takes.

Guys, I would ask, how we could see the Beta 2 Changes if the Beta 1 is that long to implement?

Wouldnt be better to make some "cool" things from the roadmap to the rest of the year, so the Christmas players could see some news.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Guys, I would ask, how we could see the Beta 2 Changes if the Beta 1 is that long to implement?

Wouldnt be better to make some "cool" things from the roadmap to the rest of the year, so the Christmas players could see some news.

Beta 2 will be probably postponed due to this, but it would be stupid to stop Beta 1 at this point.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

Beta 2 will be probably postponed due to this, but it would be stupid to stop Beta 1 at this point.

That is fine, I just talked about Beta 2.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

+1

Pump out the beta 1 changes and trade the beta 2s for new stuff.

Question:
Will Beta 2s get the teleport changes and will this effect removal of sparks?

Altera wrote:

The only teleport changes affecting Beta2s will only happen due to the Beta1 changes for now (e.g. no direct Alpha2->Beta1->Beta2 connections like now).

Spark teleports will be removed in the Beta1 patch.

any thoughts on if beta2 is going to link with both gammas or still only one?

Rowboat wrote:

any thoughts on if beta2 is going to link with both gammas or still only one?

If we had more Gamma islands then both Betas would connect to 2 separate Gammas, but currently they only connect to one each and that will stay like that.

Dev Zoom, thank you so much for the update, I'll leave you alone for a few weeks.  Before Beta 1s get pushed to Live, could we atleast get the Artifact change and anomalies on live from test?  (IMO the anomaly count needs to be cut in half)

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Altera wrote:

The only teleport changes affecting Beta2s will only happen due to the Beta1 changes for now (e.g. no direct Alpha2->Beta1->Beta2 connections like now).

Spark teleports will be removed in the Beta1 patch.

There won't be any Alpha 2 -> Beta 2 connections either right?

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Teleport&highway rework is done for all 3 islands, we're now working on field terminals and mission structures.

Your like those dudes playing violin as the titanic goes down, only without the skill or dignity.

Bro why so butt hurt???

39 (edited by Lord Of The Trolls 2015-11-12 07:04:02)

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Bro why so butt hurt???

Because he is irrelevant ..... & "short".

Ville wrote:

(IMO the anomaly count needs to be cut in half)

Huh really? I thought even the current number was a bit low.

Naismith wrote:

Correct.

42 (edited by Blocker 2015-11-12 13:18:12)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Correct.

Great, so small casual corps like ours will have access to beta cut by 50%? This will also make it so much easier for the current dominating powers to have even more of a stranglehold on beta access. Now before you start raving about spark removal, let me tell you spark removal will not make an iota of difference to the current situation. Remember most of the people in these controlling corps have maxed alts and even without actual second accounts (which they have also) it's no problem at all for them to simply position their players (alts) in the 3 beta 1 islands. They have already done it Zoom, look at the 3 beta 1 islands now. They are not stupid, they saw what was coming.

By making it easier for the access points to be perma camped/watched (by having less of them) you are greatly reducing the ability of any new players/corps or small casual corps like ours from any ninja type activity on beta. So all this work you are putting into beta will only, in the long run, benefit the current dominating factions.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see people being encouraged back to the game by these changes and I don't see new players being encouraged to stay either. In fact you may just succeed in driving away some of the few remaining corps (not in the dominating factions) still playing! Well done sirs, well done..

It's a terrible idea. I don't understand how they don't see it.

No Jita you wanna now what was a horrible idea, your open beta terminals was a terrible idea. 

Burial wrote:

And as for Blocker Waaaaa so you it's going to be hard to ninja beta 2's... seriously?  And if you're saying everyone can't band together and push a bunch of alts off beta then there's something wrong.  Instead of downing every idea why don't you suggest something?  And no opening up beta terminals was a *** horrible idea.

Rowboat wrote:

No Jita you wanna now what was a horrible idea, your open beta terminals was a terrible idea. 

Burial wrote:

And as for Blocker Waaaaa so you it's going to be hard to ninja beta 2's... seriously?  And if you're saying everyone can't band together and push a bunch of alts off beta then there's something wrong.  Instead of downing every idea why don't you suggest something?  And no opening up beta terminals was a *** horrible idea.

It wasn't the best idea. There are better. It would have been something that could have been done in a day however instead of the nothing that has been done in the last four months. It couldn't possibly have made the game more dead or the PvP more none existent and if it didn't have any benefit it could easily have switched back.

You lot pushed for doing nothing over doing something and nothing is what you got. Its what you will get for the next twelve months until all the changes you think will make a difference have come in game. Maybe your right and they will but waiting 18 months for content and doing nothing isn't my idea of fun.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Blocker wrote:

By making it easier for the access points to be perma camped/watched (by having less of them) you are greatly reducing the ability of any new players/corps or small casual corps like ours from any ninja type activity on beta.

Use an Interzone. Problem solved! big_smile

47 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2015-11-12 16:33:58)

Rowboat wrote:

Burial wrote:

When that amount of alts amounts to 75% of a game population plus bat-phoning ofc there is an issue, though the real problem is that with only one way into beta 2s considering that interzones are completely useless at this point, a dominating faction can easily lock down that entire beta 2 via gate camp, even if someone did get through or someone with a bigger gang came through, it is still very much easy to ping people, have them login those "alts" and be on that gate within 5 minutes and have the other enemy gang trapped into the island, which would mean the only option for that gang is to try and fight its way through a superior gate camp and die, safelog and try to get out during population down time, or just stay on island.

Sure the concept of a gate fight is all jolly and good, but the way this one entrance to better dealio goes, I feel it would only encourage an increasing amount of gate camping under the consideration that you WILL ALWAYS know exactly which gate your enemy will be going through to get to a certain island, spark teleports might counter-act things a little initially, but of course, everyone will easily adapt via putting characters in nearby stations or logging them off on said gate. (peanutbutter much)

tl;dr single beta 2 entrance via beta 1 not the greatest of ideas unless interzones are made useful again or some other mechanic work is done as I just don't see this as beta 2s having too much activity, even if pop was more active.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

48 (edited by Ville 2015-11-12 16:57:27)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

(IMO the anomaly count needs to be cut in half)

Huh really? I thought even the current number was a bit low.

I walked around tellesis and found like 5 next to the station.

Children, as soon as sparks go bye bye having to walk and coordinate is going to be the thing.  Cut off betas add travel and add space.  We could talk about alts online but who really has that many combat alts ?  Like 6 people on the server?  I'm talking maxed combat alts.  Honestly when sparks are gone there will be breathing room.

Too much Eve paranoia infecting you BMG. When was the last time you were "gate camped" in this game? I bet its been months. When is the last time you saw even 75% of our main accts logged in at the same time? Again months.

You guys are getting worked up at nothing. Do you think having alpha 2 access to beta 2 would make it any easier to use those islands if we really didn't want you to? Or anyone for that matter?