Re: Field rescue discussion

Naismith wrote:

5-10M puts you in a PVP viable robot, fully fit and functional.

As an FC I'd have as many as possible in my fleet. Cram all the little newbies in.

Unfortunately all our little newbies quit because no-content/bad-graphics/bad-PvE/horrible-mining/no-point-being-on-beta. Pretty much all of them had ~10 PVP viable robots prefitted & ready to go on our home-islands.

Yea, not why they are quitting.

I am Perpetuum.

77 (edited by Khader Khan 2015-08-10 11:17:18)

Zoom.

This sounds impossible to code but
Newly bought or produced robots have a 7 day timer that when blown up drop there hull on ground. Hull must be salvaged by owning pilot. (I can see problems as hull will be unpacked lots of U example seth hull drops is 125U) after Hull is in station/op Pilot must have either 50% of mats to refurbish or 50% nic cost of average buy price with in 24 hours or hull is scrapped for 25% of the mats.

Part 2 once bot are past their 7 day timer the bot is considered used and is not eligible for salvage.
Mk2 bots should drop a mk1 hull when destroyed regardless of mk2 status.
If the owner does not salvage his hull for what ever reason, he gets nothing.

Meaning a new player who drives his wasp to beta and gets killed, loses his wasp as vets will camp his salvage.
New player loses his wasp to npcs can go pick it up with an argano and repair it for very little mats.

Lights and assualt hulls should be small enough for new players to scoop in a argano or sequer. Mechs should require a lithus to pick up ect. Heavys should be scarab.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

Zoom.

This sounds impossible to code but
Newly bought or produced robots have a 7 day timer that when blown up drop there hull on ground. Hull must be salvaged by owning pilot. (I can see problems as hull will be unpacked lots of U example seth hull drops is 125U) after Hull is in station/op Pilot must have either 50% of mats to refurbish or 50% nic cost of average buy price with in 24 hours or hull is scrapped for 25% of the mats.

Part 2 once bot are past their 7 day timer the bot is considered used and is not eligible for salvage.
Mk2 bots should drop a mk1 hull when destroyed regardless of mk2 status.
If the owner does not salvage his hull for what ever reason, he gets nothing.

Meaning a new player who drives his wasp to beta and gets killed, loses his wasp as vets will camp his salvage.
New player loses his wasp to npcs can go pick it up with an argano and repair it for very little mats.

Lights and assualt hulls should be small enough for new players to scoop in a argano or sequer. Mechs should require a lithus to pick up ect. Heavys should be scarab.

The real reason.

He wants easy targets to hunt / easy sequer kills.
This is such a terrible idea, that is not well thought out at all.  Just simply a "I want more PVP" button, that isnt considered PVP at all.  Terrible Despicable. Laughable.

I am Perpetuum.

Actually everyone from my corp & alliance speaking out against this feature is speaking against our best interests, as with our liquid cash reserves and asset stockpiles this feature alone would insure beyond a doubt that we will not have to mine or do anything but PvP for the forseeable future.

Like I have said before, reduction in material requirements is the best option if Devs would like less hardcore game. It's that simple, as a bonus vets will get an overall reduction in stockpile values, which is good for the game.

RIP PERPETUUM

they could also increase the base amount of time a bot is insured for?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Perpetuum wrote:
Khader Khan wrote:

stuff.

The real reason.

He wants easy targets to hunt / easy sequer kills.
This is such a terrible idea, that is not well thought out at all.  Just simply a "I want more PVP" button, that isnt considered PVP at all.  Terrible Despicable. Laughable.

I already club seals at will. If zoom is looking for a way to let new accounts not suffer a huge loss. There are only a few options eve handles this wirh a training mission where you suicide after insuring your ship. Another option would be tieing it to bots age. Troll perpetuum if I want soft targets I find them, post on topic and keep my name out your mouth. Zoom even said it might increase pvp. Hell it would help base defence 100%. If I lose a mech under my base undock a lithus scoop it and repair it do it again...

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

This also wuld mean in a big fight that the side that won the fight dint lost a single mech wile the losers lost all

Balanced?

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

This also wuld mean in a big fight that the side that won the fight dint lost a single mech wile the losers lost all

Balanced?

harvest all the mechs? big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Balanced?

harvest all the mechs? big_smile

= WIN!!!1

From another thread...

A possible replacement for the Field Rescue idea, if a player loses their last bot instead of the default Arkhe give players a special "default fit T1" light. This is a light of the player's primary faction equipped with a non-alterable, per-configured, standard T1 fit. It should be a bare bones effective option to run level 1 missions, it doesn't even have to have all the slots filled. Making it unable to have its fittings changed shouldn't affect the market for light bots as much.

87 (edited by Ville 2015-08-11 21:54:34)

Is it possible this could be an alpha only feature and NPC deaths only?  I see this as the only feasible way.  And I see it only being feasible if it's used with perp credits.

-  But in trade off, I'd like to see NPC deaths on the killboard.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Bumping to ask if this (IMO horrible idea) is still on the table or can we scrap it as terrible? smile

its been on the table for years... do you think it will be removed just because your opposition?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

its been on the table for years... do you think it will be removed just because your opposition?

Theres 4 pages of good discussion here that merit a conclusion and/or continued debating.

It would be very bad if the game development revolved around my likes and dislikes, but if it by some miracle did, you'd know it because you'd be banned from everything immediately.

And we would have has paint jobs by now.

Blocker wrote:

It may work well in PVE. Maybe that would be an acceptable compromise for you guy's ? Jita, Syndic your thoughts?

could be exploitable, how many people run into NPCs to die already/

Nooodlzs wrote:

...how many people run into NPCs to die already/

Who would do such a thing.. neutral hmm

PRAVDA wrote:

"A small roaming gang of 6 pilots was intercepted by the Soviet fast-response fleet on Greensward and destroyed with no losses, reports indicate that two Soviet pilots were closing in hot on Burial of M2S when he set course for a suicide run in the middle of a NPC spawn."

Source: https://perpetuumpravda.wordpress.com/

lol

Naismith wrote:
PRAVDA wrote:

"A small roaming gang of 6 pilots was intercepted by the Soviet fast-response fleet on Greensward and destroyed with no losses, reports indicate that two Soviet pilots were closing in hot on Burial of M2S when he set course for a suicide run in the middle of a NPC spawn."

lol

OH MAN i forgot about that site tongue  So many good times big_smile

Naismith wrote:
PRAVDA wrote:

lol

That's some gossipmag slander, I'd never do such a thing. big_smile

97 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-11-06 19:50:30)

Burial wrote:

To be honest Burial, if dying by NPC were included in the kill/death ratio, yours would make even Beastmodes look superb.

*shots fired* lol

99 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2015-11-07 00:01:30)

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

To be honest Burial, if dying by NPC were included in the kill/death ratio, yours would make even Beastmodes look superb.

Lol, show me on the arbalist where the big bad Beastmode touched you! I'll have you know that unlike 90% of people I used to intentionally go out and welp to the welp gods no matter the odds and the matter the turtle *** to ensure there was still some level of pew. Not so much now since I know exactly what and how much will drop me, but regardless.

Anyways can someone invent time travel so we can go back to the fun days of perp before everything became the inactive two-sided MK2 heavy turtle fest it is now? roll

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Butthurt.jpeg