Topic: Cap based damage.

So right now we have weapons that deal damage according to range (shorter range, more dmg etc) Is it possible to have weapons that deal damage based on the amount of cap they use? Maybe make the ranges static across these weapons.

Re: Cap based damage.

maybe you should write it the other way:

make power consumption based on the damage multiplier to begin with.

full tuner fit mk2 heavies with only gauss cannons would consume more accumulator then neuts wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-10-27 19:07:27)

Annihilator wrote:

maybe you should write it the other way:

make power consumption based on the damage multiplier to begin with.

full tuner fit mk2 heavies with only gauss cannons would consume more accumulator then neuts wink

Isnt the end result the same? Really would only make a difference when tuners are factored in right? Either way it would make for some interesting fits and roles in pvp.

actually, its really a mystery why tuners are not already factored in

because of that, fits like zeniths with all range extender and a short range demob having same range as a long range demob but neither of its penalties (los + lower strength)

i remember times when range extender had a penalty, that was then removed because of the DEVs inability to make that penalty the same for any robot after making those extenders work for missiles too.

ok... i also remember the times when "cap stable" was something next to impossible for a t4 fit heavy mech...
jita wants to return to the balance of last year... well, i miss the one from the beginning that was changed because of coding issues.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I just want balance.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

6 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-10-28 15:25:36)

My intent wasnt to start another balancing thread. I was thinking along the lines of having projectile weapons that operated similar to energy based weapons. A module that when fired depletes half of your cap but it hits hard as hell and takes longer to reload. It would need another drawback to be balanced but it would add a new flavor to things.

Ville wrote:

I just want balance.

I this game? GOOD LUCK tongue