Re: Elite: Dangerous

Burial wrote:

Will it be worth the 50€ now? Seems to mainly be about some planetary landing shiz.

Why would you buy it for £50 to just have to buy it again in another 6, 9, 12 months? They should just put in a monthly sub and be done with it/

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

ANNNNNDDD another money grubbing game. Glad I didn't blow any $$ on it.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Burial wrote:

Will it be worth the 50€ now? Seems to mainly be about some planetary landing shiz.

don't know. the core game isn't really worth 40€ at the moment, and the planetary landing will only add as much as we already have (you can land on a planet and drive around in your ground vehicle.  you will find random stuff there like you find random stuff in supercruise)

its also just landing on rocky planets without atmosphere (aka small rocks like the moon). atmospheric flight will be another PAID expansion.

BUT, early next year the next big free update will implement looting and crafting -> which means eventually allot more content for non-combat oriented player. Unclear is how they add this to the new expansion without enabling it for non-upgrader.

TBH, the customer-rage wouldn't be that big, if they made the offer:

40€ for the expansion + 12.5€ for the base game for new player.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

54 (edited by Celebro 2015-08-07 18:59:01)

Sometimes I am not sure if players are too cheap, or most of these developers are just money grabbers and naive players fall for the nostalgia/lore/youtube videos.

RIP PERPETUUM

55 (edited by Burial 2015-08-08 18:32:20)

I don't really see a reason to throw money around mediocre games when there's completely free&good games up for grabs. Nowadays I rarely buy anything that's not battle-tested by my brosefs.. there's just too much crap around I'd only play for an hour.

Burial wrote:

I don't really see a reason to throw money around mediocre games when there's completely free&good games up for grabs. Nowadays I rarely buy anything that's not battle-tested by my brosefs.. there's just too much crap around I'd only play for an hour.

please, tell me that free&good space flight sim mmo with good FX that is an alternative for ED.
really - if you use THAT argumentation, you have to present at least one example.

i currently know not a single alternative.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

update 1.4 is out - quick list of improvements:

• CQC Arena matches allow you to have quick PvP fights with no assets at risk (only your kill/death ratio)

• 3 new ship variants with different roles and features.

• Improved NPC AI puts "Elite" Player pirates to shame. (*)

• Mining is much more enjoyable now with automated refinery and yield bonus from prospector drones

*: wow, that AI upgrade is a blast. The Forums are filled with complaints from former Elite-Ranked players losing their ShieldCellBboosted  Condas and Phytons against Elite Ranked NPCs that had been cannonfodder pre-patch. And the only "cheat" they are supposed to use, is infinite ammo...

AC should watch this develpment closely

^ It's - amazing.    I'm extremely impressed by the AI. It actually requires you to fly now! 

E:D finally has become the new Freelancer 3.0 IMO.  Big shoes to fill for Star Citizen.

-K

Looking squad to hunt for violators. cool