Topic: Terrain Radar Landmark Love Needed

It's come up before but with even more entities on the terrain  now then ever (and more to come) it's surely time for a major QoL improvement with a bit of love for the terrain, radar and landmarks window options.

Some of what I would like to see:

• A single window that allows editing of what is displayed in each of the terrain, radar and landmark windows.

• Saving and sharing of pre-set options (a bit like fitting) with pre-sets easily switched by drop down

• List of options intelligently grouped - e.g. Assignments, Anomalies, NPCs, Structures, MPC etc

• EVERY possible entity is listed - makes a long list but gives excellent flexibility - not being able to turn off switches and other assignment thingys is a pita.

• Options to choose entities based on aggression and "ownership" - especially useful for field cans, TAP NPCs

• Ability to choose a minimum distance for every entity to show up.

• Ability to display relation colours based on personal or corporation relations.

• Passable terrain indication an independent option for radar as well as terrain.

Any more suggestions?

Re: Terrain Radar Landmark Love Needed

Simplicity has its perks - I prefer Perp's landmark system to EVE's system. Perp's can be configured easily, EVE most people rely on overview packs to bypass the tedium of setting it all up.

Having said that, some of the ideas are really good - especially the independent passable terrain indication.

I think you can already have agent-based relation colors and corp-based relation colors.

Naismith wrote:

Simplicity has its perks - I prefer Perp's landmark system to EVE's system. Perp's can be configured easily, EVE most people rely on overview packs to bypass the tedium of setting it all up.

Having said that, some of the ideas are really good - especially the independent passable terrain indication.

I think you can already have agent-based relation colors and corp-based relation colors.

Yeah, Eve's overview is a PITA. Although keeping it simple and having more options is always good, pity the devs cancelled the UI overhaul.

RIP PERPETUUM

You could have a button for each of the four people still playing the game to show or not.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Celebro wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Yeah, Eve's overview is a PITA. Although keeping it simple and having more options is always good, pity the devs cancelled the UI overhaul.

I have no idea what EVEs system is like but I don't think I'm suggesting anything complicated.

More and more stuff has been added to the terrain, landmarks and radar and most of it is irrelevant most of the time. I want to be able to turn off the irrelevant stuff such as assignment points (switches and the like) that are not part of a "live" assignment, similarly NPCs ... and we need an option to turn off anomalies too.

I agree, at least a common settings window for landmarks/radar/terrain would help a lot in streamlining things.

7 (edited by JetNexus 2015-10-08 11:03:12)

Ordinary NPCs / Mission NPCs checkboxes.

Sorting by size, icon, or something else, to let's say buildings first, then all the robots(player and npcs separately), then containers etc. Sorting by type doesn't gives that.

Stop updating list order while mouse cursor on it or some key pressed. It's hard to target sometimes when it's jumping up and down on the list.

JetNexus wrote:

Stop updating list order while mouse cursor on it or some key pressed.

Both have been in the game for a few years now smile

DEV Zoom wrote:
JetNexus wrote:

Stop updating list order while mouse cursor on it or some key pressed.

Both have been in the game for a few years now smile

shift key isn't it?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Whatever you set it to, I don't remember if there is any default setting.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Whatever you set it to, I don't remember if there is any default setting.

A mouseover option to freeze landmarks would be nice, especially handy when you're already pressing another shortcut key to target, activate, approach or whatever.

http://pasteboard.co/1e07BxaJ.png

O_O

wow,
how did you ninja that in without a patch! tongue

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well, don't I feel silly now. How long has that been there?

16 (edited by Annihilator 2015-10-08 21:19:47)

actually, it was implemented EXACTLY 4 years +1 day before you have asked:
Patchlog from yesterday, 4 years ago

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

actually, it was implemented EXACTLY 4 years +1 day before you have asked:
Patchlog from yesterday, 4 years ago

I think it'll better to duplicate these options in the landmarks wink

just before you ask... there should also be a keybind do manually freeze the landmark sorting... but i would need to log in to check wink