Re: A prediction (about outpost locking)

Jita wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

Could argue the reason we have 10 players online is because of the poor Beta ownership mechanics. I know we'd play more if more sides could co-exist on Betas and I know many from your side would log in more if the game had more PVP.

You keep telling yourself the same thing in that little echo chamber you all live in but it doesn't make it true. Some people wanted to rebalance Ewar (its still broken). The balance patch removed racial bonus' created undemobable arbalast mk2 and because of the racial bonus change made the Seth mk2 best at everything. Thats nothing to do with an ewar change.

Demonising individuals to make yourself feel better doesn't change the facts. The facts are nobody is playing. The facts are a significant portion of the playerbase would have played if this change would have happened (Joke alone went to 12 people in a week when it looked like Zoom was going to do it). The fact is the game is more dead after three months than it was.

Another six months will bring the same result - without room to grow and play the game will always be a single entity stranglehold. Whoever that entity is doesn't matter, its the mechanics that are the problem and the lack of emergent gameplay. Worrying about station games when there is nobody living in them and nobody fighting is insanity.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.  You haven't played in so long you don't even know the problems anymore.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

277 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-10-02 12:57:08)

Jita wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

Could argue the reason we have 10 players online is because of the poor Beta ownership mechanics. I know we'd play more if more sides could co-exist on Betas and I know many from your side would log in more if the game had more PVP.

You keep telling yourself the same thing in that little echo chamber you all live in but it doesn't make it true. Some people wanted to rebalance Ewar (its still broken). The balance patch removed racial bonus' created undemobable arbalast mk2 and because of the racial bonus change made the Seth mk2 best at everything. Thats nothing to do with an ewar change.

Demonising individuals to make yourself feel better doesn't change the facts. The facts are nobody is playing. The facts are a significant portion of the playerbase would have played if this change would have happened (Joke alone went to 12 people in a week when it looked like Zoom was going to do it). The fact is the game is more dead after three months than it was.

Another six months will bring the same result - without room to grow and play the game will always be a single entity stranglehold. Whoever that entity is doesn't matter, its the mechanics that are the problem and the lack of emergent gameplay. Worrying about station games when there is nobody living in them and nobody fighting is insanity.

If you are going to accuse me, at least quote me correctly!

The balance patch screwed any chance the game had to grow, Syndic predicted this, Burial and the cold dregs of STC whined for months for these changes.

Revert the patch now, then lets see what happens to GC.

Nobody asked for that awful balancing patch.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Nobody asked for that awful balancing patch.

The worst part was the complete lack of warning and complete rejection that anything was wrong or fix since.

Of course nobody asked for it, but its how they operate that they have to demonise people for things they don't like. Thats how the balance patch becomes Burials fault even if he had nothing to do with it and the removal of explosion damage becomes my fault even though I never requested it and it was a reaction to their mechanic abuse. Go figure.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

1 change didn't bring about the current metagame.

It was consistent and thorough forum campaigning from Burial, Annihilator and a few other cupcakes from a defunct corporation to nerf our "unbeatable" EWar / EnWar compositions, by indirectly buffing Heavies.

Then we unveiled our new "unbeatable" tactic - we can and will bring 50-100 people in heavies against your 10 and pound you into the ground.

New forum campaign - unlock stations so 10 of you can run in circles around Beta and our 60 can't kick you out.

As Noodly mentioned, we predicted this would happen months ago.

The brightest point in this game right now, is that apparently the Devs realized what you've done and are finally developing the game on good tracks without your toxic self-centered feedback in the equation.

And we can see it stings you greatly.

STC whined for months about Ewar being too powerful, it was correctly argued that nerfing Ewar would make Ictus King and nerfing Ictus would turn the game into heavies online, Burial was one of the biggest Ewar whiners.

Green combat bots getting screwed as well was a basic moneygrab which didn't work, just decimated active player numbers instead.

With Green bots being useless, Seth Mk2 became king, undemobable arbelests, screwed tackling.

I will repeat what Inda said a while back

I want back:

tacklers
Zenith mk2 long range
Ictus
Mesmer
Gropho
Waspish

arguing that unlocking stations will help population is counter productive when a full 33% of the available combat bots are hardly used because they are a liability on the field and that there are only a limited amount of fittings for about 5% of combat bots to make a squad effective with no counters.

I cant remember a post by anyone saying that green was overpowered. There were a lot of people saying ewar is overpowered - it still is - but thats not exactly the balance patch.

I said a while ago Syndic if Zoom wants the game to be so niche that nobody plays it and absentee landlord online then go get it. We'll play something else. The trouble for perpetuum is the people who wanted that type of balance are playing something else too leaving approximately 8 pvpers in the whole game.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

All I have to say is this, the devs have not listened to us and reverted for last year, what makes you think they will listen now? Understandably they made this new content change(for worse obviously) and well, theres some content the devs naturally dont want to remove, as such,  I am sure the current balancing will be stuck at least until Syndicate robots make their debut, or the devs give a miracle.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Hence why people left in droves.

Time and time again we have accurately predicted the results of changes.

I have a giant "I told you so" card to play on 90% of the problematic changes in the game.

Listening to Jita, Burial, Annihilator and their cronies is what created the current metagame.

Bumping this post to create the illusion that ANYONE besides Jita, Burial and their corp wants even more unlocked stations besides 3 NPC terminals, is pathetic and transparent.

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.  You haven't played in so long you don't even know the problems anymore.

What changes do you think the game needs?

Naismith wrote:

Time and time again we have accurately predicted the results of changes.

I have a giant "I told you so" card to play on 90% of the problematic changes in the game.

Listening to Jita, Burial, Annihilator and their cronies is what created the current metagame.

Bumping this post to create the illusion that ANYONE besides Jita, Burial and their corp wants even more unlocked stations besides 3 NPC terminals, is pathetic and transparent.

All I see here is you trying to say that only POE's word is right and never wrong, everything JOKE says is automaticlly wrong, and that you magiclly foresaw every little thing that happened to this point. POINT BEING?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

His point is he still hasn't found a way for anyone but his friends to recognize his brilliance.

289 (edited by Naismith 2015-10-03 00:52:41)

Point being you cupcakes already have a track record for convincing yourselves that whats good for you is by default good for the game itself.

Heavy Mk2 Online is entirely YOUR creation, and "I told you so".

DEV Alf wrote:

The reason why we thinking about changing some parameters of the ECM is we always see forum topics, ingame chats, reports about how strong it is, how OP it is.

This entire topic and it's consequent bump is merely another attempt at creating an atmosphere for someone like Dev Alf to look at the forums and make an educated guess that the majority of the population wants some station unlocked.

When the reality is, it's 2-3 people. Repeating it over and over again.

Syndic wrote:

What is being stated in forums, tickets, whatever is that EWar is too strong against Heavy mechs. But that's what it is supposed to do, otherwise Heavy mechs have no counter in-game except more heavy mechs and more remote repair.

Nooodlzs wrote:

The balance patch screwed any chance the game had

Period

Sparking to other games

They didn't even nerf ewar, it's still *** strong.

Your mental problems see every post as a continuation of a war fought seriously several years ago. It's weird.

Naismith wrote:

When the reality is, it's 2-3 people. Repeating <it> over and over again.

Devs at Perpetuum, their eyes closed!

Sparking to other games

Jita wrote:

They didn't even nerf ewar, it's still *** strong.

Your mental problems see every post as a continuation of a war fought seriously several years ago. It's weird.

Wrong again, track records going strong.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Rex Amelius wrote:
Naismith wrote:

When the reality is, it's 2-3 people. Repeating <it> over and over again.

Devs at Perpetuum, their eyes closed!

Rex and Jita, on the ocean.

Burial wrote:

Balance patch reverted, that would at least make PvP interesting and fun once again, see what happens to player numbers after that.

there was a request from me to change balance, and to change ewar.

none of the requested things have been put in place, so blaming any player for what has been put in place is just your personal agenda

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

there was a request from me to change balance, and to change ewar.

none of the requested things have been put in place, so blaming any player for what has been put in place is just your personal agenda

facepalm gif.

298 (edited by Burial 2015-10-03 16:37:56)

Current meta has nothing to do with the theories Syndic keeps spreading to his little chickens. He's a pathetic little man that feels the need to make up stories about others to feel better about himself.

Real reason is that balancing patch made everything more generic.

Nerfing Robotics bonuses made all the specialized hulls less specialized and that opened up a window for Seth MK2 that already was the strongest and most flexible hull in the game to suddenly take over the roles of other robots. Neut like an Ictus, jamm like a Vaga, shoot magnetics like a Mesmer.. sounds familiar?

If you still want to blame Burial, the spreader of love, appreciation, non-judgement and happiness for anything, then blow a ***. big_smile

-----

Naismith wrote:

Point being you cupcakes already have a track record for convincing yourselves that whats good for you is by default good for the game itself.

Heavy Mk2 Online is entirely YOUR creation, and "I told you so".

DEV Alf wrote:

The reason why we thinking about changing some parameters of the ECM is we always see forum topics, ingame chats, reports about how strong it is, how OP it is.

This entire topic and it's consequent bump is merely another attempt at creating an atmosphere for someone like Dev Alf to look at the forums and make an educated guess that the majority of the population wants some station unlocked.

When the reality is, it's 2-3 people. Repeating it over and over again.

Syndic wrote:

What is being stated in forums, tickets, whatever is that EWar is too strong against Heavy mechs. But that's what it is supposed to do, otherwise Heavy mechs have no counter in-game except more heavy mechs and more remote repair.

You want people to believe we're responsible for the balancing patch.. because of a quote from DEV Alf in a thread about possible changes that didn't even make it to live.

Your argument is your own quote from the same thread about these same changes that didn't even make it to live, now claiming it's Heavy Online because people no-longer run around in EW mechs.

Silly and pathetic.

-----

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

Balance patch reverted, that would at least make PvP interesting and fun once again, see what happens to player numbers after that.

Pre-patch Castels/Troiars and 800m short-demob Zenith were IMBA AF imo. If they did the speed change they promised, added stacking penalties and removed viability from using heavies as EW platforms it'd already be way better.

Burial wrote:

Pre-patch Castels/Troiars and 800m short-demob Zenith were IMBA AF imo.

Castel would be the only one I can agree with but then again they could be easily countered, even so, reverting the patch and living with that is far preferable to this crock of s**te we have atm, small tweaks could be made over time.

I think the big issue is they do full deck balancing changes and then throw it aside for years to come. They need to either balance by small tweaks only, or be prepared to do small tweaks along the way since it's impossible to get it right the first time.