Topic: Please rework beacons themselves prior to patch

Less waves more plasma or better drops.  No one will risk 500 million worth of assets to make 10 million Nic.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Please rework beacons themselves prior to patch

Ville wrote:

Less waves more plasma or better drops.  No one will risk 500 million worth of assets to make 10 million Nic.

>Abuses beacon mechanics
>Continues to abuse even after the devs try multiple fixes
>Complains when beacons get removed
>Is Vile

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I see corporate dialogue is spilling over.

Ville wrote:

I see corporate dialogue is spilling over.

Only when one's agenda does not agree with that of your own.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

No it's *** to think people are going to trek all over an island with 500 million worth of assets to do possibly what 15 million Nic worth of drops?  Think about it Beastmode would you risk that?  Let's not even consider Pvp what happens when a wave spawn produces 8 vagabonds and a demobilization kain then observers roll up on you?  You ever try to do ANYTHING involving industry on gamma?  Even 5 minutes a group of npcs roll up on you.  Ask yourself, why isn't gamma populated?  Well simple it forces way to much group play 100% of the time.  It's not casual friendly and it's more work for 5 people than gain.

I get Gammas end game content, but when there's 25 dudes across the world playing...  Scaling it a bit to make the QoL game play for those people really that game breaking??

Ville wrote:

No it's *** to think people are going to trek all over an island with 500 million worth of assets to do possibly what 15 million Nic worth of drops?  Think about it Beastmode would you risk that?  Let's not even consider Pvp what happens when a wave spawn produces 8 vagabonds and a demobilization kain then observers roll up on you?  You ever try to do ANYTHING involving industry on gamma?  Even 5 minutes a group of npcs roll up on you.  Ask yourself, why isn't gamma populated?  Well simple it forces way to much group play 100% of the time.  It's not casual friendly and it's more work for 5 people than gain.

I get Gammas end game content, but when there's 25 dudes across the world playing...  Scaling it a bit to make the QoL game play for those people really that game breaking??

So maybe you shouldn't have deliberately broken the mechanics to gain advantage over and over and over again. Maybe you shouldn't have shown other corps how to do the same thing. Maybe, once again, you should look in the mirror if you want to see who is at fault.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Maybe YOU should realize who your talking too and realize WHO avoided broken beacon mechanics internally.  Instead of pointing a finger.

8 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-09-29 16:21:02)

Jita wrote:

So maybe you shouldn't have deliberately broken the mechanics to gain advantage over and over and over again. Maybe you shouldn't have shown other corps how to do the same thing. Maybe, once again, you should look in the mirror if you want to see who is at fault.

History lesson you half wit.

It was STC who first crashed the server by doing beacons a thousand at a time.

-Jita says nothing

Every corp benefited from beacon pits.

-Jita still says nothing about the exploits of beacons.

PoE finds a clever use of existing terran and game mechanics to still farm beacons.

-Jita no longer has a PoE teet to suckle from so he whines like a little *** getting AOE mechanics changed on beta ruining farming there for EVERYONE. Thanks A$$hole

Moral to the story: Next time keep your cockholster shut.

Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

History lesson you half wit.

It was STC who first crashed the server by doing beacons a thousand at a time.

-Jita says nothing

Every corp benefited from beacon pits.

-Jita still says nothing about the exploits of beacons.

PoE finds a clever use of existing terran and game mechanics to still farm beacons.

-Jita no longer has a PoE teet to suckle from so he whines like a little *** getting AOE mechanics changed on beta ruining farming there for EVERYONE. Thanks A$$hole

Moral to the story: Next time keep your cockholster shut.

The devs made the decision they didn't like beacon pits. They adopted it so you can put limited amounts of beacons in one place.

Despite this clear intent you lot decided to abuse the mechanics to do what was clearly and explicitly not intended.

Once the Devs found out they had to change the game to prevent it removing AOE. You lot decided it was everyone else who was at fault despite this being a clear reaction to abuse.

Even after this change you lot were STILL abusing beacons to the point that they have now been removed.

And your whining about it.

Really you should take a look at yourselves and the impact your behavior has had on this game and its success.

Jita
Rhymes with 'bitter'.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

I like how this goes from "me" to "you lot" real quick.  Some of us did things the old fashioned way.  So quit assuming and harassing people about committing exploits that not everyone used.  ***.

Weedy wrote:

Jita
Rhymes with 'bitter'.

Actually it rhymes with cheater, something Vile and 'you lot' know all about.

You break ***, it gets fixed you then whine saying its other peoples fault and complaining.

Quit breaking things on purpose dickheads!

Say please.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

idk, maybe if beacons weren't a waste of time people wouldn't find ways to exploit it? i calculated it once.  For a corp to unlock one of the reserach trees it would take around 85 hours of constant beacons... no breaks.  I know it's not supposed to be done in a day.  But it's not like there are 100 man corps out there that can rotate people in and out of doing beacons.  I dont know about yall but i have better stuff to do than doing beacons 24 hours a day for 3 weeks straight to unlock the corp tree.  It's one of those things where people can say i'm being a wuss but i spent the most part of 2 months when i first starred playing this game doing beacons the legit way.  And i gotta say, doing beacons like that is a lot like masturbation without the big payoff.

Rovoc wrote:

idk, maybe if beacons weren't a waste of time people wouldn't find ways to exploit it? i calculated it once.  For a corp to unlock one of the reserach trees it would take around 85 hours of constant beacons... no breaks.  I know it's not supposed to be done in a day.  But it's not like there are 100 man corps out there that can rotate people in and out of doing beacons.  I dont know about yall but i have better stuff to do than doing beacons 24 hours a day for 3 weeks straight to unlock the corp tree.  It's one of those things where people can say i'm being a wuss but i spent the most part of 2 months when i first starred playing this game doing beacons the legit way.  And i gotta say, doing beacons like that is a lot like masturbation without the big payoff.

If you were around for the old tech system youd say it was like masturbating with sandpaper with a picture of Jita looking at you from behind.

man, they should really remove that permadeath thingy...  and while they are about it, put everything T4 up to the syndicate shop.

that would remove the requirement to do research and make everyone happy.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rovoc wrote:

So it would take 8 people two days. Big deal.
You can make excuses for abusing game mechanics for gain if you want but the fact is its unbalancing to the game world and has serious consequences. Its no surprise that corps like NSE and Cons go from assault roams to constant Seth mk2 usage – it’s funded through abusing mechanics. The same way that PHM and CIR got their stockpiles. Qwerty macroing behind gamma walls, CIR account sharing industrial accounts, using cargo exploits, abusing mission mechanics, abusing beacons. All this creates an industrial base that allows constant PvP without industry and therefore puts these people at an advantage vs those that do have to do industrial work.
The Devs have time and again advocated this behaviour by doing nothing about it. A full wipe wouldn’t help without a change in Dev behaviour.

As for research, it’s another example of terrible mechanics that encourage people to leave. Once you have completed the tech tree Kernals are useless. They built a system that requires work to get to a point and then forever after that zero work. That’s just bad design. It’s the same with EP – once you have trained what you need to train it’s there forever.  The game mechanics encourage people to leave, to stop killing rats, to stop trading for kernals.

indeed jita.
thats where i love elite dangerous
global standing degrades over time
powerplay merrits are consumed every week.

even bounties and fines degrade over time (thats not so good).

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

So.. because of beacon pits we were able to farm saps and collect valuable resources and become a power house......IF you're complaining about resources and bots stop giving bmg stuff to get blown up >.>