Topic: Is this even possible?

I'm going to use Eve as an example and I'm sorry.  Could you make wormholes that work like portals to different random spots in the world.  Like teleports.  Like a portal opens up when you click on it standing in new Virginia it takes you to like rhoshan, but they randomly pop up and are only temporary?  Is this even possible?

There's a part two to this if it's possible.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Is this even possible?

Funny but I had the same idea with the new teleport anomalies. Use one as a teleport and end up at a random another one anywhere in the world.

you could do a lot of interesting things if you can do it.

1.  You could spice up the pvp and add additional entrys into the pvp zones or even alpha to alpha hops.  Adds more life to the game world more fluid.

2.  Part two:  Use the Omega Island up there hanging out.  Stack that thing with T5 mobs observers Etc..  Similar in manner to when you launched alpha 2 islands and have a container in the middle you have to fight to and have the container have some shiney stuff in it.  But have enough NPCs so its very difficult to get too.  Then have the teleport to the place spawn in random locations..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You see, this is the kind of stuff that can make people log in together with instances, this is a good update.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 to 'surprise teleporting'
In lieu of the incoming spark removal, this provides a random, unpredictable way to enhance pvp-engagment variety that favors those that are more active (therefore able to come across these instances) than the 'bat-phoned' pvp participants.  This would enable an attacking force to skip over teleport camps, probes, and scouted bottlenecks in terrain.

Also the PVE possibilities to add content and selectively design and integrate also is an awesome development model that works with the small but quick releases in new islands filled with all sorts of goodies.  Each can begin to address different PVE goals and opportunities, as well as more pvp over competing factions to exploit these new lands.

Great ideas guys, I believe this is the way forward. It's fun, unpredictable and rewarding. Growing the new folks involvement in fun stuff is the most important thing. PVP will come after pve to amass gear and nic for most. Oh and please change that awful balancing patch.

+1 for new content

Altera wrote:

+1 for new content

Wait 6 months though, busy rearranging furniture on the Titanic.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Altera wrote:

+1 for new content

Wait 6 months though, busy rearranging furniture on the Titanic.

^^ very true indeed.  Let's revamp current content 5 more times before adding anything new.:fuuu:

Wormhole space is one of the few things i've liked in eve.
We even had an internal software tool to make a map of today's routes. Filled manually, of course.
That's when i liked both pvp and pve.

The rumor about "wormholes in perpetuum" might bring many to check this out...

I found wormholes in EVE an excellent way to get pixel risk-adverse treasure hunting players into nullspace. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work here.

My thinking on that is more players in Gamma/Beta = more pvp opportunity.