1 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-22 19:55:47)

Topic: Alliance feature NOW!

copy paste squad code,

• Alliances are "squads" formed by corp CEO's, CoCEO's and eventually PR-Managers

• new corp rank: Soldier

• every agent of a corp that has "soldier rank" will be put into the alliance's army (chat+squad interface)

• Army will get all squad features except "mission share"

• Nexus Buffs of a squad will override NEXUS from Army

• squads can be formed freely parallel to army.

• squad and army share same member list, but squads are highlighted by different backgroundcolor

• another level for relation display priority settings added: alliance/corporation/personal

Visualisation what the "Squad window" could look like, under the assumption that the same window will be used to show Squad, Alliance and Corp mates: *link*

*edit: will expand list as i remember all the features that are necessary and only "copy paste" from existing mechanics*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Alliance feature NOW!

I will mix this tread if it not a problem.

Anyway the new squad missions will screw your PVP life. I think we need a solution for that. Just leave the squad and  join is too much of a problem in PVP situation areas, so pls consider to some solution.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Anyway the new squad missions will screw your PVP life. I think we need a solution for that. Just leave the squad and  join is too much of a problem in PVP situation areas, so pls consider to some solution.

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

Inda wrote:

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

Inda wrote:

I think the problem is more how corps are forced to use squads to keep track of their members. The Squad concept definitely needs to be thought about more thoroughly and revisited.

Dare I even suggest hierarchical, similar to how nice it would be for corps to be hierarchical as well, or at least introduce a vassal concept.

There are several ways to approach it but I think how corps are using squads are certainly not how the devs intended squads to be used.

pls pls pls

How is work now is not acceptable for me. If the squadleader isnt online I cant properly PVP, this is big issue (or just for me?).

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

updated first post with picture

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Well how about keeping it simple?
Beeing able to join two "Squads" one named Squad one named Army or Fleet

Squad = As it works now, with mission running.
Army/Fleet = Squad before assignment update, without mission running (players in the same army/fleet as you, but not in the same squad, are not affected by your or your squadmembers assigment-related actions).

I am happy with some "easy" solution also!

Energy to Earth!

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … iscussion/

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It's pretty bad.  Changing squads every like freaking 20 minutes for missions is tedious and makes me hate being a pvper.

a word at phistmage:
the  difference between "just make it simple" and what i wrote above, is that i present a suggestion on HOW to implement. It may sound complicated to you, but it IS SIMPLE, and much more then just a simple bandaid.

a word to Ville:
DEV Zoom still doesn't see why its such a hassle

This happens quite frequently:

I'm out doing a mission.  I'm a greedy *** so I'm not in a squad so I can get $ rewards.
PVP starts happening.  I dock up.  Spark to the action.  Undock walk to a beacon.  Ask for squad invite 15 times to use beacon.  Finally get invited, jump to destination a little late and GG.

Rinse and repeat 5 times a day.

15 (edited by Annihilator 2015-07-01 23:39:36)

cynism warning!

so, didn't they just add "multiple squad leaders" as feature some time ago as "fix" that was welcomed as "the right thing" from most of you?

Yes but when those multiple squad leaders are busy it's hard to get an invite

17 (edited by Burial 2015-07-02 00:25:29)

They should add Request to join a squad too.

This new squad method is an insanity, at least revert back to the old system.

Energy to Earth!

HAHA your insane.

Yea try rolling back the *** balance changes.

That ill happen.  Getting right on it.

I am Perpetuum.

ever since the mission patch forced to split the alliance squads up, i have no clue anymore if there is anyone online that is not on my friendlist, or in general chat.

makes the game feel even less populated then it already is.

Annihilator wrote:

ever since the mission patch forced to split the alliance squads up, i have no clue anymore if there is anyone online that is not on my friendlist, or in general chat.

makes the game feel even less populated then it already is.

Yep.

A L E R T !

Its more problem, you think guys! Pls do some mission squad separations!

Energy to Earth!

with the low pop atm, I am not sure this is a big issue or not.  We could squad up all the players in game and still it wont matter much.  But, ya the whole mandatory squad mission thing is broke.