Topic: Hardest mmo on the market made easy.

If you ever complained about travel times and walking distances in Perpetuum it is very obvious you've never played FFXI.  FFXI was launched in ~2002 or 2003 focusing on "team play", FFXI had no problems with sticking one shotting high Aggro mobs right in the middle of newbie leveling areas or designing dungeons that required specific composition of groups.  For me personally it was my first mmo, I endlessly grinded up to 75 the better part of three years(I had a life).  Doing side quests to make peanuts and camping NM (rare bosses on long timers) for weeks on end for best in slot items.  Which lead to some of the greatest times in my gaming career.  I spent days in general chat looking for party members and fearing night time in the dunes.  When you died you lost experience points and would de level.  There's nothing like running 2 and a half hours to a zone fighting through room after room with mini game puzzles to get to the final room to be one shot by a true sight NM literally inches from the ??? You need to click on.  Oh.. The good ol days.. 

My wife two months ago decided to pick the game back up, luckily for her she remembered her account details.  Sadly for me I did not.  So I had to start from scratch.  I picked up the game + expansion sets for $9.99 and got30 days free.  It's a sub based game.  Booted it up and to my surprise saw a staggering set of changes!  First you can teleport instantly across the map once you touch home points, next all these strange green named people were following players around... Called trusts.  FFXI knows its population is declining.  So instead of forcing team play they have given the players their own mini party groups and each trust has its own role, they act and behave just like normal players.  Oh and since they know the markets kind of dead they provide merchants to allow you to buy rare materials!  Oh they took away de leveling and Jobs under 30 don't lose experience points if you die.  Oh and they buffed experience by a factor of 10... Experience gains.  They've added little items at zones that buff players.  It's really fun and enjoyable, I'm on Asura Server as Phantomville hit me up if your interested.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Hardest mmo on the market made easy.

hmm might give this a shot sounds interesting.

RIP PERPETUUM

FF 11 you talking about? that is still exist? or FF 14?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

FF 11 it has a port coming in 2016 for iOS AND Android lol.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.