Re: Moving on

Those who speak the truth, often hated the most.

I am Perpetuum.

Altera wrote:
Mentlegen wrote:
Celebro wrote:

This past blog about the 2015 roadmap is completely wrong thing for this game right now, and it's won't bring back any more players. It might be good for the current player base, but again rebalancing stuff around is not going to cut it.

New players are looking for a better GUI, better graphics, larger bots and massive continents, cool gameplay features, since none of that is happening anytime soon or might never happen, I had enough. Sorry devs, this game won't get much if any more new players, just maybe a few that will get bored in a few weeks or month.

So farewell, thank you all that know me and this will be my last post.

Can i have your stuff? Srsly i'm new player and broke.

At least we made it to post #11 before we got the " can I have your stuff" post.  This is better then many MMOs big_smile

Trying to be entrepreneurial. Kappa

I just recently beat one of the best games I've ever played: ironically another robot walking simulator called The Talos Principle.

Whiners

Ville wrote:

If you took a permanent vacation I'd be fine with that.

You first. smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

isn't this the third time already?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Be real men and live stream deleting your accounts.

Anything else is "we'll be back in a few"

Naismith wrote:

Would be nice to watch Rovoc delete his acc on a stream if outposts ever are opened. big_smile

Open outpost do not work for intrusion 2.0.  The whole reason it was put there to begin with.  Revert to intrusion 1.0 mechanics than ok.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Open outpost do not work for intrusion 2.0.  The whole reason it was put there to begin with.  Revert to intrusion 1.0 mechanics than ok.

You should make your own thread about this, possibly?

I am Perpetuum.

Also something about botting.  Every topic needs one.

I am Perpetuum.

It's fairly obvious by now that Zoom saw through Jita's self serving agenda for opening outposts. Don't think it'll be happening, but good try.

Or it was a *** Idea.

(Also this would of helped US, POE more then anyone else in the game.  But we are so awesome we didn't care.)

I am Perpetuum.

Naismith wrote:

It's fairly obvious by now that Zoom saw through Jita's self serving agenda for opening outposts. Don't think it'll be happening, but good try.

Stop one personal agenda to fulfill your own, nice. big_smile

Naismith wrote:

Duck season soon, wouldn't miss it for the world.

if you are serious to leave permanently, delete your character wink

otherwise it's just a rant again

Just @ Game

How exactly does one delete their account anyway?  I uninstalled months ago but no delete function anywhere.

Kayin Prime wrote:

How exactly does one delete their account anyway?  I uninstalled months ago but no delete function anywhere.

you can write a support ticket.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

44 (edited by Kayin Prime 2015-08-25 03:42:33)

Well considering my last support ticket is *still* unanswered I don't have much faith.  Though it would give the devs an opportunity to close 2 tickets at once.

Startin to think NSE is just full of whiny schoolgirls.

This thread is about Cel and him moving on, please don't attempt to make this "about you" go make your own thread.

I am Perpetuum.

46 (edited by Stranger Danger 2015-09-04 03:32:50)

Perpetuum 2 is needed.  Fresh start, new and known game engine (hell you could do unreal 4 for free if I'm not mistaken)

The mechanics, progression, and game systems are all great, the balance not so much...and none of the conquest type mechanics will ever be balanced without a thriving population.

Make it totally free, give stuff to your past players as motives to come back and start fresh.

I think the key is to retain a lot of the old game other than the graphics and bot balancing.  Might be impossible without a captive artist to work for you, maybe try capturing a few migrants.

I always felt the strange homemade game engine was because you wanted to do terraforming ect with the game and whatnot...and since that's been removed for balance, and the current iteration more just to say its there then adding real creative building to the game...why not just get a real game engine?

I don't think any of the roadmap features, or really anything with the current game is going to see an eve exodus + steam launch size group of players sticking around, which is what needs to happen. 

Without a new game, and it does need to be new, a restart wont do...I don't see people wanting to come back just to pvp the same exact group of people they've been fighting with for the last couple of years.  The dated look, the paywall, and the fact that its well known the population isn't enough is a deterrent for actual new players, fixing some stuff or adding some new stuff isn't going to change that.

If it is possible to do this, a perp 2 with a modern game engine, might be best to get on that while there is maybe some money coming in from perp1...

Publisher might pick you up too if its a modern looking robot game that's free to play. Hell most f2p publishers are full of dead/dying mmorpgs and cooperative shooters...im sure if its possible to monetize it properly without being lame about pay to win, someone out there has got to want something different to publish.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

one doesn't just quit Perp

its always a click away!

Celebro wrote:

So farewell, thank you all that know me and this will be my last post.

I wished this was true.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Can we get an "I'm back" post now?

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Can we get an "I'm back" post now?

Rules for quitting a game.

First, bore everyone on comms with your constant complaints and disappointments about the game. Then stop logging in or start talking about other games. They'll quickly figure out that you're either playing other games or focusing on real life. Hopefully they will look forward to you coming back on comms to talk about stuff and have fun again.

Forum announcements. I don't care and you don't care. We don't care.

Also, Welcome Back! I knew it!!!!

Sparking to other games