Topic: Daily missions

First 10 missions of the day give you x2 NIC & token reward.

Yes/Maybe/No?

Re: Daily missions

X5 and first 3 and then I'd +1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I support Ville.

4 (edited by JetNexus 2015-09-11 06:42:29)

This is the trick that developers do when game have no better reasons to keep playing except for a lot of daily stuff, so you forced to login everyday to do the same boring stuff instead of deciding when and what to do yourelf.

If we're talking about this "things" of f2p games then we're better talk about other things from them first.
Like make the game free, with premium(booster). Both more players and proffit. I would not buy this game if I would not play it free on beta back in a day. And of course if not for some miracle like a banner in steam in one of my rare logins in it. I think every player here is either from beta or because of miracle with this selling strategy...

So many times i've spend a lot of time and money in a games which were free. About $1000 in one of the browser games recently, and $300 in another f2p. Have to quit because of this daily boring stuff and because they're time-consuming, which is bad for business and everything else. I've never bought any games from the start, because it's literally means for me paying for the product which will after this consume all my free time without any benefits, and it'll be hader to quit quickly because of the investment. But when i've already playing for free and "on hook", buying stuff means convinience and saving precious time.

Most gamers already have a job and don't need another one.
The ones that don't have a job don't want a job.

The game needs to be fun. Not a job.

/thread

It's not a job, it's an incentive to play a little every day in a continuity instead of grinding until your fingers bleed.

7 (edited by Celebro 2015-09-11 15:39:42)

Naismith wrote:

It's not a job, it's an incentive to play a little every day in a continuity instead of grinding until your fingers bleed.

Syndic: I liked you more when you were bitter, and much more in touch with reality . Cut the fanborism BS, you are either trolling the Devs or in denial like them, this game is going nowhere without a change of direction.

Edit: this is a bad idea and you know it, there's not enough reward to the ones that have their storage packed full, compounding the gap between new and old players makes it even worse.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Syndic: I liked you more when you were bitter, and much more in touch with reality . Cut the fanborism BS, you are either trolling the Devs or in denial like them, this game is going nowhere without a change of direction.

Edit: this is a bad idea and you know it, there's not enough reward to the ones that have their storage packed full, compounding the gap between new and old players makes it even worse.

Syndic has outright said that post ban it was his intention to drive the game in to the ground on purpose. That's why he opposes every meaningful change and works to destroy every population that rises while never actually playing the game. He, along with some from 77, were very open about it when Joke were part of that alliance.

Only when the server shuts down and you get the 'mission succeeded' post will Zoom wake up to this fact and I for one am tired of fighting against it when the Devs seem blind to it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I think Syndic's comments are closer to a realistic path then what you guys are spouting and I am not sure how that leads to killing the game.  The game is boring and unbalanced, we all get that.  But the solution has to be realistic.  The DEV team for this game can not manage to get large changes in. So you are either delusional, naïve or just dumb when you propose sweeping changes like porting to a new engine, changing the cash model, creating all sorts of elaborate concepts.  The DEV team needs to make small and continuous changes within the constraints of their abilities.  Monthly updates need to happen and they need to do small changes to make things better.
Why wouldn't a daily incentive to log in and play be a small gap filler.  It might get the pop up a little (hey, we might get double digits in GC, that would be nice).  Maybe link the 3 day EP to logging in and 'doing a job', instead of logging onto the char screen then going away for 3 more days.

Naismith wrote:

And grinding for years instead?
This is a trick in crappy games which are boring, but if it's just 20 minutes a day - it's doesn't look very boring.
Like eating a barrel of *** with a tiny spoon smile
This is a sandbox game. Or at least prenend to be. So let's people decide what to do, when and how much wink

Altera wrote:

I think Syndic's comments are closer to a realistic path then what you guys are spouting and I am not sure how that leads to killing the game.  The game is boring and unbalanced, we all get that.  But the solution has to be realistic.  The DEV team for this game can not manage to get large changes in. So you are either delusional, naïve or just dumb when you propose sweeping changes like porting to a new engine, changing the cash model, creating all sorts of elaborate concepts.  The DEV team needs to make small and continuous changes within the constraints of their abilities.  Monthly updates need to happen and they need to do small changes to make things better.
Why wouldn't a daily incentive to log in and play be a small gap filler.  It might get the pop up a little (hey, we might get double digits in GC, that would be nice).  Maybe link the 3 day EP to logging in and 'doing a job', instead of logging onto the char screen then going away for 3 more days.

You must have missed the spike of forty people who cane back for the stations opening post zoom made who then left when he changed his mind.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

12 (edited by Annihilator 2015-09-11 21:43:57)

one that has the biggest complaint about a daily incentive to log in... was from syndic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Naismith wrote:

So instead of a giant poop log,  there will be poop spread out all over the wall.

No matter how you try to decorate your poop, it's still poop.

The incentive to play any game should be 'fun'.

That's a pointless "I wanna sound smart but cocaine" diatribe because if we follow that logic train to it's conclusion it would be like this:

"- if nobody is playing, the game isn't fun, if it can't be fun and have people playing then it needs to be shut down."

Zoom's already made it clear they won't be shutting down, so the only realistic step forward is small tweaks, improvements and changes that reward activity without outright punishing inactivity (because even inactive people might come back one day).

If someone feels like logging in and doing X daily missions, let them. If they don't, don't penalize them for it.

The daily mission system is awesome because it's only an optional reward for activity. Some dumb f*cks might feel like it forces them to play, but lets be realistic - they're probably licking the window trying to pollute the gene pool anyway.

Are those the good ideas that'll save the game?

They'll do less harm then your QQing about EWar killing poor Heavies. lol

17 (edited by Burial 2015-09-12 13:42:35)

Naismith wrote:

Zoom's already made it clear they won't be shutting down, so the only realistic step forward is small tweaks..

They need to go crazy and try something they couldn't with bigger population that might have an effect.

Can you depressing blow hards go troll another forum.  Stop *** up this forum and be *** depressing if you *** don't want to play then stay off the forums.

Jita wrote:

The Devil hath proclaimed outright that a post ban wasith his master plan to driveth the game into Hell to fulfill his evil purpose. Thus why he oppozeth every righteous change and works to corrupt the good people that rizeth in opposition while only sending his minions to play his games. He, along with the heathens from 66, even plotted to corrupt heart and spirit of Joke ...but failed for our hearts are of joke.

Only when the servers land in Hell and we witness the Devil's 'mission succeeded' proclamation of eternal damnation and slavery will Zoom wake up to this fact and I for one will continue to fly the banner of the righteous and truth while fighting against the Devil and 66 the Devs seem blind to.

You remind me of a religious zealot spewing his message on a street corner day after day after day blindly accusing random passers by of heinous sins.

Sparking to other games

A good step forward would be to permanently forum-ban the people most responsible for the "rebalance patch", starting with Burial.

Jita wrote:
Altera wrote:

You must have missed the spike of forty people who cane back for the stations opening post zoom made who then left when he changed his mind.

Ya, I musta missed that.  I don't think I am privy to your fantasy world.

Ville wrote:

Can you depressing blow hards go troll another forum.  Stop *** up this forum and be *** depressing if you *** don't want to play then stay off the forums.

Shame the only people I see playing are Jasmoba, 2 PHM dudes NOT including you, and NSE.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Ville's busy mining me titan ore, what crackpipe are you smoking yeast?

I am behind the Iron Curtain typically picking noralgis.  I stay out of general chat.

Does logging in and out for ep count?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d