Topic: Theres 14 people in General Chat.

New players are asking if anyone plays...  sad

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Theres 14 people in General Chat.

they should make general chat not leave-able... then this could be answered easily big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anni, you know that is not a good idea...some strategies for pvp depend on not being in gen chat. 

Accelerating the proposed changes, so that all players enjoy the game is a start to retaining players. How about new modules and bots, to pull back older players.

Other pve events (world events, special drops on gamma's or betas) to help all explore and gather a sense of treasure to discover...but this has all been said before.

I like the new mission system, as I have not been a fan of missions in the past.

Props to you guys in OTHERs and Beastmode/Deathpaw~Ethos for keeping pvp kinda alive, but at this point Anni's idea not too terrible until population increases.

logged in yesterday to 8 people in chat smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ville, you know and I also know, why this post?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Because he wants to be smug about it, that is why.

I am Perpetuum.

This is sad, as always, when activity drops. But I think it is more than 2 years now, that I first had more agents in squad online than in GC. Form that time on, I should have asked Devs for a NIC each time that happens to be rich now....

I wouldn't want my characters forced to join gen chat.

I guess.. everything is not fine.

11 (edited by Annihilator 2015-08-28 12:06:15)

Naismith wrote:

obviously.

actually... why? Do you have ANYTHING to hide?
and this is a serious question!

Rynikwiz wrote:

Anni, you know that is not a good idea...some strategies for pvp depend on not being in gen chat.

yeah i know, all strategies that are based on avoiding PvP-encounters, setting up traps based on logged out agents, etc.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sadly, things aren't looking too good. As you guys point out here, there are very few people playing the game.

Not a good thing... This is a great game, with a lot of potential, but if no one plays it....

@Zoom How many people are playing the game man?

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader
"In Life, all that any man truly owns is his own Death!"

I don't have time to panic about how many people are in general chat.

I'm worried about new players constantly logging in going man this games dead tonight.  3rd day in a row I've seen that comment followed by a long eerie silence.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I would think that you'd be a little worried that no one is playing the game.

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How would that help?

DEV Zoom wrote:

So a Hungarian DEV can live on $1 a day ? smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How would that help?

So, you don't think there is a problem with players perceiving the game as "Dead", really? and You don't feel this is a reason for concern or being worried?, really?

You're telling me that I just purchased two accounts for $28.99 each, to play a "Dead" game and that I shouldn't worry about it?

I'd imagine that your Development team should be frantic, attempting to think of ways to dissuade your current and future community members that you are doing everything you can to bring new people into the game. Perception is key bud, if people think this game is "DEAD", it will be.

"How would that help?" Really?

Baer Mowser
The Crimson Order
Perpetuum Chapter Leader

DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How would that help?

Because your revenue is tied to how many players play the game?

Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:

How would that help?

So, you don't think there is a problem with players perceiving the game as "Dead", really? and You don't feel this is a reason for concern or being worried?, really?

You're telling me that I just purchased two accounts for $28.99 each, to play a "Dead" game and that I shouldn't worry about it?

I'd imagine that your Development team should be frantic, attempting to think of ways to dissuade your current and future community members that you are doing everything you can to bring new people into the game. Perception is key bud, if people think this game is "DEAD", it will be.

*Stands up & applauds the new guy*

Well done sir maybe they will take notice of you. The DEVs are tone def to the rest of us after all these years tongue

Annihilator wrote:
Naismith wrote:

obviously.

actually... why? Do you have ANYTHING to hide?
and this is a serious question!

etc.

Simple, he does not want to get caught online otherwise people wont fight him since he will start pinging, alot of people dont like being in gen chat simply because they dont like showing people how many PvPers and alts are online, not only will people only do things if they have edge but some people wont do things if their enemy already has the idea of what they have, its intel and paranoia.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

This thread isn't to shock the Devs Baer, in fact it's to poke the community of players on this forums and go "Hey, the game needs YOUR help right now.  Stop QQing on the forums and login even if its to idly sit in general chat to bump the population OR better yet play."

@ Zoom as soon as your syndicate supply shop hits the game theres PLENTY of content to get some players back to playing... so don't be stingy and don't make us wait a year, please.

Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:

How would that help?

How do you think i feel? I bought 15 accounts. And the DEVs flagged me an exploiter, because in all this time, despite all the botting and abusing the game mechanics, you have to attack the guy that's dumb enough to play the game legit.

24 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-08-28 14:14:59)

Why does this game not have the Balls to show online numbers?

Back in the day at least we had a graph. But then it was removed after a DDOS.... lol lame reason IMO

Baer Mowser wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Baer Mowser wrote:

How would that help?

You don't get it. We're doing our best to develop the game. How would worrying and panicking on top of that help?  You don't think that it pains me to see less and less players whatever we do? You don't think that if we had any real publisher, it would have shut us down a long time ago? You don't think that most developers would have already said "f* this" and get a job that pays at least triple? Yet we're still here.

That's what I meant. Rant over.