Topic: Assignment Time Not Respected

I think there might be an issue with assignment time causing a mission result of 'Not Complete'.

I initiated 'The Secret Den' assignment with a start time of 04:05:30 then proceeded to the field. After completing the first leg of tasks was then required to scan in a marked area. At that point I stepped away for 30 minutes. When I returned, the location was now not listed in my scan results and my active assignment was clear. I then docked to evaluate my Assignment Log and found the mission result was 'Not Completed' with a finish time of 04:23:02.

I can understand a limited time when active in combat but not for scanning a marked area.

Can this logic be confirmed or is this an issue? Thanks!

Re: Assignment Time Not Respected

Working as intended.. no soup for you

Assignments are automatically aborted when any of the objectives cannot be completed anymore (like one of the NPCs despawns because you didn't attack it for a long time), but I'm not aware of any timeout for artifacts there. I'll do some tests.

4 (edited by Annihilator 2015-08-27 11:47:23)

i am not sure, but i get the feeling that sometimes combat missons are aborted if you wait to long between individual objectives.

And i am talking about objectives that have not yet been triggered (aka "go there, activate switch" or "scout location")
Could it be that you spawn invisible trigger items that time out?

and to be clear: its not bad that they time out, just bad that there is no visible timer.

if you want an example:

two days ago, i ran lvl4 and 5 combat missions with Finka and some more in squad. During one Mission, Finka (the mission "owner", disconnected after we had finished killing all NPCs of the first switch location.
after a while the mission failed.

since Finka was not online at that moment, you can exclude the possibility of someone in squad activating the next switch.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear